Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Having a pretty wacky time with Banjo Kazooie. I am doing a full musics, jigsaw pieces and hexagon run so far. I have done the first five levels - finished Pyramid World (I forget the name) last night and am on the Monster Mash House next!

Aside from the swimming in Clanker's Clavern it has been as simple to control as Mario64. I think that game adequately prepped me for these. The music in the game is wonderful - and even though Freezing Peaks had me confused by the snowmeans (I continually flew incorrectly into their stomachs or whizzed by them) the fact it had one of the best tracks helped my incompetence.

Also I did another one of those ridiculously lucky moments and in Clanker's Clavern where there are the saw blades that spin really fast and you are supposed to use the invincibility feathers to grab the jigsaw piece at the end, someone made a joke about me magooing my way through them without invincibility.

And I thought it would be funny if I gave it a try. And then I did run through them and back again without dying.

Joke is on me though because I continually forget to use the invincibility move thanks to never properly learning it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mad monster mansion has one of my favorite banjo kazooie themes, and it's also one of the tracks they remastered for smash bros, which slaps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNmm1kIwZlM

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

njsykora posted:

I finished the PS4 Ratchet and Clank, very good videogame.

The remake one? Yeah I was legit surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Made Rift Apart even better

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

VideoGames posted:

even though Freezing Peaks had me confused by the snowmeans (I continually flew incorrectly into their stomachs or whizzed by them)

I still do this despite playing Banjo since it came out. Lining up that Beak Barge is a nightmare.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The PS4 Ratchet had great gameplay but had a terrible story.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I feel attacked

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Also I did another one of those ridiculously lucky moments and in Clanker's Clavern where there are the saw blades that spin really fast and you are supposed to use the invincibility feathers to grab the jigsaw piece at the end, someone made a joke about me magooing my way through them without invincibility.

And I thought it would be funny if I gave it a try. And then I did run through them and back again without dying.

I'm not mad...

...Because RBB will bring us justice :getin:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Draga posted:

The PS4 Ratchet had great gameplay but had a terrible story.

It’s one of the more perplexing things in gaming history why you’d make a movie retelling the first game, only with a worse, more expensive voice actor for the main villain and with a story that on the whole is way less good than the original PS2 game. I kinda miss the original weapons, but yeah fun game.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Of course the story in PS4 Ratchet is worse when you realize It’s Quark telling jt

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
accurate

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

I'm not mad...

...Because RBB will bring us justice :getin:

I have no idea what to expect but I hope my Blades luck powers up again and I storm through!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wo Long will get a final demo on February 24th, which will include the first two chapters of the game. Upon clearing at least the first chapter and transferring the data to the main game, you'll get a special helmet.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Is this how you activate morph ball?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my power was out for several days and now all i want to play are gba games on my ds lite

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Wo Long will get a final demo on February 24th, which will include the first two chapters of the game. Upon clearing at least the first chapter and transferring the data to the main game, you'll get a special helmet.

crucially, it's also on every launch platform, so PC users can finally get a taste

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I want to hear more about this special helmet

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Feldegast42 posted:

Is this how you activate morph ball?

Always has been

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://www.engadget.com/hogwarts-legacy-boycott-editorial-110018998.html

quote:

Five days ago, a review code for Hogwarts Legacy landed in my inbox. I’ve been thinking about this moment for more than a year, ever since the backlash against the game started gaining traction online. The author of the Harry Potter novels is transphobic and she’s targeted transgender women in particular. For this reason, some people in the LGBT+ community, and allies beyond, have decided to boycott Hogwarts Legacy and admonish anyone who chooses to play or stream it themselves, sparking explosive arguments across social media, Twitch and YouTube. Those in favor of the boycott argue that playing the game benefits the author financially and indicates support for her beliefs. On the flipside, potential players point out that the author wasn’t involved in the creation of Hogwarts Legacy and her status as the world’s richest author won’t change regardless of the game’s success. Also, they really want to play it.

I fall into the second category. I’m currently about 15 hours into Hogwarts Legacy and I’m just barely scratching the surface; I’m having an incredible time....

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'd rather read the Kotaku article about the major problem of fujoshis in genshin impact

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Unbelievably lame

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It will be the best selling game this year.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah. It's horribly depressing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr Hootington posted:

No, it'll be Armored Core 6

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1622583131562815490?t=zrjh8FsiSX881AsVgxCLtw&s=19

Everyone loves it

Gonna be fun

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

RBA Starblade posted:

No, it'll be Armored Core 6

Armoured Core doesn't have an inch of the IP power of Harry Potter, even if they stick "From the makers of Elden Ring" on the front of all the adverts.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CottonWolf posted:

Armoured Core doesn't have an inch of the IP power of Harry Potter, even if they stick "From the makers of Elden Ring" on the front of all the adverts.

No it'll be Armored Core 6 <:mad:>

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

CottonWolf posted:

Real Ravens never die

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Tears of the Kingdom is gonna outsell it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bit late but the Aliens: Fireteam tracks were all pretty dang awesome. They got absolutely robbed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Genshin Impact’s Queer Backlash, Explained

Two Black voice actors were harassed for speaking out against queer fetishization

By Sisi Jiang

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

what's the female equivalent of a manchild

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Haven't seen a good queer fetishization game since Coming Out On Top

Foul Fowl posted:

lol really?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Foul Fowl posted:

i'm going to make a joke about the Kingdom Hearts fanbase

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Genshin Impact’s Queer Backlash, Explained

Two Black voice actors were harassed for speaking out against queer fetishization

By Sisi Jiang

Is this the fujoshi article you were threatening us with?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CottonWolf posted:

Is this the fujoshi article you were threatening us with?

If you want to read a Kotaku article that is basically "some people made bad posts at each other on Twitter" I have great news for you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I mean yall could just not play it, and not begrudge the people that do

This could be fun. Basically just Super Hero Xcom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b1XfO9tf1I

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I don't, so this, in fact, sounds like bad news!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CottonWolf posted:

I don't, so this, in fact, sounds like bad news!

:rubshands: