Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Jurgens signed my Booster Gold #1, along with the first five TPBs of the newer series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1623018247095259145?s=20&t=f2Zf9hDcgROdT_MpqQAEjA

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Sad news for Stargirl fans: Lee Moder, the artist who co-created Stars and STRIPE with Geoff Johns, passed away at 53 years old, way too young:
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/stargirl-co-creator-lee-moder-obituary

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Sad news for Stargirl fans: Lee Moder, the artist who co-created Stars and STRIPE with Geoff Johns, passed away at 53 years old, way too young:
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/stargirl-co-creator-lee-moder-obituary

drat the last couple years have been brutal for comic fans

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/status/1624966538577977345?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Comic writers ruin Scott summers day

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
11. Specifically Wolverine ruins Scott Summers' day.

12. (tie) An Xman dies.
12. (tie) An Xman is Ressurected

13. Scott's dad comes back from space to ruin Scott's day

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 15, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I would say that X-Terminators is an awesome exception to the rules. But ultimately, 9 does happen there.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

cant cook creole bream posted:

I would say that X-Terminators is an awesome exception to the rules. But ultimately, 9 does happen there.

Jubilee did a lot of cool things! And stuff connected back to A Wolverine!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1626369259273170945?s=46&t=PBEFlONXZwAZGfskQom5ZQ

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, but once you recognize the secret reason for this meeting you’ll regret your words and deeds

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Opopanax posted:

Ok, but once you recognize the secret reason for this meeting you’ll regret your words and deeds

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1626369930793721856?s=20

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Also, you know, not that Warren Ellis.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That man is part of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, he *is* that Warren Ellis. That other motherfucker is the rando!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
What the gently caress is going on

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

What the gently caress is going on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Ellis_(musician)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Ellis

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok well that's better then

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
What's going on is more goons need to listen to Grinderman

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I really really want to know more about one of these plotlines

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

That looks like a bunch of stuff from Marvel Comics Presents

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The Thing looks like a recoloured Red Skull head with an added cigar.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Madkal posted:

The Thing looks like a recoloured Red Skull head with an added cigar.

literally who i thought it was at first lol

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

muscles like this! posted:

Also, you know, not that Warren Ellis.

Lots of people in this thread have never listened to Carnage and it shows. :nono:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh wow I just finished "Herogasm". The idea is poo poo, the script is poo poo, the art is poo poo that has been eaten and reshitted. I know in my liver that I should just stop reading "The Boys" and watch the moving pictures, but I'm already three albums in and want to know what happens.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh wow I just finished "Herogasm". The idea is poo poo, the script is poo poo, the art is poo poo that has been eaten and reshitted. I know in my liver that I should just stop reading "The Boys" and watch the moving pictures, but I'm already three albums in and want to know what happens.

it's not worth it, watch the show instead

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Any comic book goons who live in the Los Angeles area, just a heads up, the Perky Nerd in Burbank is closing its doors at the end of feb. They won an industry award last year for best comic shop and less than a year later, they’re closing their doors. Head on over and buy some discounted comics and merch if you’re able.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My wife is reading Sandman for the first time and just finished A Game of You and we were talking about. We're both curious about how the story is received in the Trans community and if it was ever seen as groundbreaking at the time or dated now.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Madkal posted:

My wife is reading Sandman for the first time and just finished A Game of You and we were talking about. We're both curious about how the story is received in the Trans community and if it was ever seen as groundbreaking at the time or dated now.

Kinda both. At the time, it was almost unheard of to even have a trans character in anything, let alone as a sympathetic character who was treated by the author as really their chosen gender (gently caress you, moon). And these days there are folks, mostly younger readers who aren't living under the oppressive weight of the AIDS crisis (and thank goodness for that), who appreciate its importance, but also see it as yet another example of "kill your queers".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soonmot posted:

it's not worth it, watch the show instead

I finished the third album and am really veering towards just eating the sunk cost. I mean it's not like I don't have other comics to read (two phone-books of Cerebus, lol).

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I finished the third album and am really veering towards just eating the sunk cost. I mean it's not like I don't have other comics to read (two phone-books of Cerebus, lol).

Buddy, are you ok? Whatever you think you've done, you can live a constructive life, you can move on. You don't need to keep punishing yourself like this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd say Boys gets better as it goes and starts getting to the actual story, but it's never amazing and it's miles below the show

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chip Zdarksy is coming to my lovely little town as part of his tour in the spring, what’s the etiquette on signing here? Never done this kind of thing outside of a con. Should I buy stuff directly or bring something of my own in with me?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

Chip Zdarksy is coming to my lovely little town as part of his tour in the spring, what’s the etiquette on signing here? Never done this kind of thing outside of a con. Should I buy stuff directly or bring something of my own in with me?

I usually bring something and say thank you for doing a signing

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Opopanax posted:

Bring something and buy something. If you own a hardcover of his stuff, he might give you a free doodle. Buying something is a good gesture towards the store for bringing him, and he would probably like the store to feel like they’re getting their monies worth.

Or just do whatever. The store knows only a certain percentage will actually buy something, and that just getting people in the door is probably enough.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll probably grab something, it's the only indie shop in town, just don't want them to run out of stuff before I'm there

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Spectacular Spider-Man 310 is a great book. Get that one if you can.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I ordered a copy of the How to Draw Daredevil variant because it's one of my favourite gags, then I'll just grab a trade when I'm there

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I bought a copy of Just The Tips when he did an appearance at a B&N near me and he wrote a free sex tip in it for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Opopanax posted:

I ordered a copy of the How to Draw Daredevil variant because it's one of my favourite gags, then I'll just grab a trade when I'm there

I love that cover too.

He might also just sign a bunch of trades for the store if there's something you want but isn't in your budget right now. I didn't get to make it to the signing but that's how I ended up with a couple trades from Mike Carey's Hellblazer run with his autograph. That store at least only charged cover price, they were just mixed in with their new trades and obviously there's no authentication, but it's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ugh I just saw that there's starting to be preorders going up for a late 2023 reprint of Vol2 of the Absolute Transmetropolitan collection, so I went off to see if that might finally be reprinting the rare-as-hens-teeth Vol3; absolutely nothing that I can find :mad: