Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

bows1 posted:

Hitman continues to be fun, Im going to buy 3 soon so I get all the maps.

I can't figure out how to get in this drat DNA Virus lab, and I took out the two marks already :(

The lab is cool at first but each subsequent time I replay that level I wish I could just check it off my list. Either I'm missing something, or there's not too many ways to actually deal with the virus. There are a number of ways around the map though, follow the map and see if there are places you can't get to or haven't been yet. There's at least one mission story that gets you access: try looking in the morgue, next to the chapel, there should be a scientist in there, you can grab their costume and keycard. There are a couple other ways to get access once you know where to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The dead space remake rules and I appreciate that it's the third remake of one of my favorite ps3 games of all time

(Demon's Souls, Dead Space and TLOU1P1)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ineffiable posted:

I for one am enjoying my open world magic based game.

That's right,

Forspoken is where it's at!

I am consuming Forspoken ethically, and everyone else should, too!

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

When the music fades in and you realize that its Proof of a Hero playing in the last %15 of the fight...oh man... it just gives you the extra strength to endure. What an emotional high. All time top 5 gaming moment for me.

Since Rise just came out I can pivot on this to say that the transition into Proof of a Hero on the Sunbreak final boss is incredible.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Got sent a Hogwarts Legacy code and... dammit, it is pretty good.

Glad I didn't have to pay for it though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not entirely surprised this happened

December is not the greatest time to release a big game anyway

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1622707723480563721?s=20&t=2aN1l1s5MUCd26fBLuX7Kw

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It would also have helped if it was marketed at all, to anybody, anywhere

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I thought it was a really weird time to release the game but I'm not in marketing.

I felt like I had visibility on the game as far as advertising goes, but I was already interested in it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

History Comes Inside! posted:

It was marketed to me - someone that likes both XCOM and Marvel and has a Steam account.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Does this count

https://twitter.com/HISTORY/status/1584515049925795842

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I felt like they were pretty good about marketing it, but it's also a more niche type of game

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Look the only substantial knowledge I have on the Harry Potter series at all are the Fantastic Beast movies, but actually reading the IGN review, I have pieced together that you play as a Mass Effect biotic fighting against dudes in tin-can armor, goblins, or spiders, and that the framerate is "inconsistent" (I am not sure if we are talking like... "inconsistent" in the minor dips sense, or "inconsistent" in the "this runs like PS3/360 Dragon's Dogma).

... you know what, I haven't played Dragon's Dogma in awhile, maybe I should just play a Sorcerer on that

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Wolves hunt in packs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ok this looks really good lol

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Except for the rain which is awful.

Its really frustrating that sony is starting to commit to supporting the PC, but they will not provide full support to the dual sense. Come on, I hate being wired sony!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

My experience with the marketing was the initial announcement in 21, and I'm fairly certain they said it was going to be a March 22 release. After that I didn't really hear much until just before releasing it. So maybe it kept getting delayed until they finally had a ready game in December.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Got home and want to play games and my eye keeps getting drawn to the theatrythm demo but I already played it for 4 hours and I want to hold off until there’s more content. drat it, SE I want it now

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not entirely surprised this happened

December is not the greatest time to release a big game anyway

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1622707723480563721?s=20&t=2aN1l1s5MUCd26fBLuX7Kw

Glad they’re optimistic about it. It’s definitely a niche game. I don’t expect a lot of overlap from most Marvel Fans to Strategy games with deckbuilding.

From the comments I’ve seen online, people who haven’t tried the game find the card aspect offputting.

I’m hopeful they’ll see another surge of sales when the DLC is fully out.

Game is real good though and I wish I had more people to talk about it with.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Imma be real. Marvel xcom but it’s a deck builder and it has Joss Whedon dialogue is not exactly appealing these days especially after all the Marvel fatigue.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I found the game rather exhausting. Some good feeling combat but the busy work between missions was draining.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I loved Midnight Suns. The only dialogue I universally disliked was the boring old lady chats.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JBP posted:

I loved Midnight Suns. The only dialogue I universally disliked was the boring old lady chats.

For an all-powerful witch ghost Agatha Harkness sure is tedious as poo poo. I started skipping that stuff pretty early on.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Imma be real. Marvel xcom but it’s a deck builder and it has Joss Whedon dialogue is not exactly appealing these days especially after all the Marvel fatigue.

don’t tell me it’s also a roguelike

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Agatha too busy manning games of marvel snap to make good conversation

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tiny Timbs posted:

don’t tell me it’s also a roguelike

No but it should have a randomised cards tower mode. I'd play the poo poo out of that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hard Times doesn't miss :allears:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

FireWorksWell posted:

Wolves hunt in packs.

They're masterworks all, can't go wrong

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm moderately interested in Midnight Suns, but the last four Firaxis games were all buggy as hell, and Civ 6 really left a bad taste in my mouth, so I'm just going to wait for a sale.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Kazzah posted:

I'm moderately interested in Midnight Suns, but the last four Firaxis games were all buggy as hell, and Civ 6 really left a bad taste in my mouth, so I'm just going to wait for a sale.

Fwiw I just played through it and didn’t hit any serious bugs

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sweeper posted:

Fwiw I just played through it and didn’t hit any serious bugs

There was a bad one at launch with the ops table but they fixed it. Never encountered anything other than the odd visual thing beside that.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Woody Allen loving sucks lol

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Count me among the folks that had zero interest on Midnight Suns because of the card aspect. I'll grab it in 18 months when the complete edition is like $30 and even then it's only because a handful people here have said that it's really good

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I'd be more interested if it wasn't a Marvel license.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this rules

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I like X-Com, but not Marvel or cards. So yeah, Midnight Suns was not really on my radar.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

JBP posted:

There was a bad one at launch with the ops table but they fixed it. Never encountered anything other than the odd visual thing beside that.
For some reason I keep having this glitch where there is a flickering pixel next to Caretaker's right eye, it's funny

The other big one I can think of is upon defeating Crossbones in a mission where I slammed him into a wall, he T posed on me

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hector Delgado posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efTLrI-YD_A

This got announced today.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hector Delgado posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fifteen of Many posted:

Since Rise just came out I can pivot on this to say that the transition into Proof of a Hero on the Sunbreak final boss is incredible.

It's just such a classic theme and it's used so sparingly that it never gets old.