Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was just talkin' about how I needed a copy that wasn't an $80+ import, and I, Voidhanger is putting out Neptunian Maximalism's Eons out stateside! There's also a snazzy box set that I couldn't spend a full hundo on, but drat I want that poster:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Acoustic Sounds got restocked (along with a few retailers) on the OKNOTOK Radiohead album for $50 with free shipping so I picked that up plus a reissue of Moby - 18 that was at retail price. I also bought a few records on… Amazon… because of the prices and to test their shipping capabilities. They at least used mailers this time, but two of the albums had pretty bad creases in the jackets. Unless you’re getting a super deal I wouldn’t risk it at this point.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

dorium posted:

Not vinyl related but does affect a lot of bands not based out of the US

https://www.nme.com/news/music/us-proposing-rule-changes-that-would-hike-touring-visa-costs-for-foreign-musicians-by-250-per-cent-3391848

https://twitter.com/TheWeatherStn/status/1621225551544344578

the US government is planning on raising prices for VISA's by 250% effectively killing any chances for small/medium sized international acts from touring around the US.

You can leave comments on the proposed bill here

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...on#open-comment

please let more people know about this. if you have friends that run/own venues let them know.

Wtf is this bullshit. Incredibly stupid

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Last couple vinyls I got were long awaited reprints of Failure albums. Got both signed versions ($100 each) of Magnified and Fantastic Planet. The Magnified jacket had a pretty badly bent jacket corner, so Hello Merch fortunately sent me a second. Much less expensive was a reprint of American Thighs by Veruca Salt. There's been a few times where I was about ready to drop over $100 on ebay for a copy.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

a reprint of American Thighs by Veruca Salt.
Smashed the buy button so hard on this one. '90s girlie Alt Rock is my weakness. :swoon:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

caligulamprey posted:

Smashed the buy button so hard on this one. '90s girlie Alt Rock is my weakness. :swoon:

Criminally underrated album, imo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Went to the record store to look for a copy of the new Panda Bear/Sonic Boom LP. Didn't find it, but I did pick up two that have been on my Want list for awhile:

45 Grave's Sleep in Safety comes in a sweet purp:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Ordered some PUP albums but only Unraveling Of PUPTheBand has come so far. The Dream Is Over is on its way still.

Also ordered American Football LP3 which won't be here till thursday.

Unraveling looks great

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Big sale email from People in a Position to Know records today, lord

quote:

This one is short and sweet.

I have 3 problems right now.
1) Running real low on space around here
2) Running real low on cash around here
3) Have a new assistant to help me with shipping, but she doesn't know the catalog or where anything is and needs a crash course in digging around the stacks here so that she can do it while I'm on the road.
3.5) Bonus problem... got about 20 releases that are hanging on with just a few copies left that I would really love to put to bed and out of print.

So, maybe you can help me solve these problems. Every single PIAPTK release that is still in print is 50% off for the until Feb. 11th. Had a release that you were curious about, but didn't want to make the full commitment?

USE CODE: "PIAPTK50" to get half off everything.

"What should I buy?" you ask...

I sincerely love these releases and put a ton of time and effort and sweaty love into each one. I really would rather you have them than languishing on the shelves here in Tucson.

Help Mike Dixon clear out some stock and get a bunch of cool PiaPtK releases at a steep discount. I already own an embarrassing amount of these and in a few days I'll have a few more :pwn:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Speaking of big sales... this rivals our boy Garth

Saw this on FB so it could def be a scam, but this site is selling a 20 lp Rolling Stones box set for $29+$6 shipping. https://havenothingus.com/products/the-rolling-stones-studio-albums-vinyl-collection-1971-2016-ltd.edt.-20-lp-new-

I'd offer to be the guinea pig, but gently caress the Stones.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Speaking of big sales... this rivals our boy Garth

Saw this on FB so it could def be a scam, but this site is selling a 20 lp Rolling Stones box set for $29+$6 shipping. https://havenothingus.com/products/the-rolling-stones-studio-albums-vinyl-collection-1971-2016-ltd.edt.-20-lp-new-

I'd offer to be the guinea pig, but gently caress the Stones.

That's the scammiest listing ever. I like the part where it says one disc has a slight warp that doesn't affect playback.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
That certainly is a range of other objects for sale.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Oh hey lemme show off the new additions to the collection.

This is such a great Goblin score for one of the rare modern Argento movie that doesn't suck.

My favorite horror movie after Hellraiser

One of the few times Argento didn't work with Goblin/Simonetti and still a killer score.

Dan from Game Grumps has a second band and I like it

I adore Anathema, their old death doom stuff and their newer prog stuff too.

Hello I am a sadboy.

:black101:

Another 90's death doom album

SLAYER!

My favorite fake live album (Boingo Alive is pretty close)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm going to download Audacity and figure out how to make mashups or future funk remixes like the basic bitch that I am. :ohdear:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I watched the 4K of Bride of Frankenstein and listened to Reign in Blood this morning. :buddy:

Stop me from buying any more records, I have to stop:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

This vaporwave album by Asutenki (think Weather Channel-type music) is both fantastic AND has one of my favorite gatefolds recently:

https://seasidebliss.co/album/--2

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

Stop me from buying any more records, I have to stop:

There is no stopping.

I have Queen's Greatest Hits on the way today, for my mom who recently got diagnosed with dementia. I thought maybe we could share this, my vinyl obsession and her favorite band. Plus it's Queen.

I also have Sunny Day Real Estate's Diary on the way

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Apparently Sacred Bones is taking preorders for Boris' latest album on vinyl. Don't know if they have total exclusivity or just variants.

Meanwhile I gotta look up the OSTs to Journey to Silius and Uforia and see if I want to add to my pile of the thread's favorite genre.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

I'm going to download Audacity and figure out how to make mashups or future funk remixes like the basic bitch that I am. :ohdear:

LOL get a tape recorder with variable speed playback

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Welp, after a couple listens the Sunsoft NES sound tracks don't seem to grab me that much so I probably wont get them. It allows me to make dumber purchases instead:

Because they were at a booth in an antique co-op esque place they were still internet prices even at 15% off. Oh well, at least I didn't have to pay shipping, I guess. What I can't figure is that seller now has a lot of sealed Walmart exclusives for sale too. My guess is maybe he is buying them at clearance prices and charging full Discogs value in the booth? Unless he's straight up stealing them or some poo poo? They seemed the sort of records to be clearanced out at some point; half common classic rereleases and half sort of known bands.

This guy is also the de facto overpriced record guy at any flea market/antique mall though: he had the Brian May Back to the Light box set for $65 which is marked down to $30 on Amazon atm, lol.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Turbinosamente posted:

Welp, after a couple listens the Sunsoft NES sound tracks don't seem to grab me that much so I probably wont get them. It allows me to make dumber purchases instead:

Because they were at a booth in an antique co-op esque place they were still internet prices even at 15% off. Oh well, at least I didn't have to pay shipping, I guess. What I can't figure is that seller now has a lot of sealed Walmart exclusives for sale too. My guess is maybe he is buying them at clearance prices and charging full Discogs value in the booth? Unless he's straight up stealing them or some poo poo? They seemed the sort of records to be clearanced out at some point; half common classic rereleases and half sort of known bands.

This guy is also the de facto overpriced record guy at any flea market/antique mall though: he had the Brian May Back to the Light box set for $65 which is marked down to $30 on Amazon atm, lol.

Walmart/Target/Amazon have some really good clearance deals sometimes so they probably buy them for half price or less and resell them. Kinda funny because once the clearance stuff sells out it shoots up in price. I know reddit sucks but I check this https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylDeals/ a lot.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Turbinosamente posted:

What I can't figure is that seller now has a lot of sealed Walmart exclusives for sale too. My guess is maybe he is buying them at clearance prices and charging full Discogs value in the booth? Unless he's straight up stealing them or some poo poo? They seemed the sort of records to be clearanced out at some point; half common classic rereleases and half sort of known bands.

sporklift posted:

Walmart/Target/Amazon have some really good clearance deals sometimes so they probably buy them for half price or less and resell them. Kinda funny because once the clearance stuff sells out it shoots up in price. I know reddit sucks but I check this https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylDeals/ a lot.

I hate people, this hobby.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

sporklift posted:

I was more leaning towards this option, since it was stuff like random Metallica albums, CCR Greatest Hits, Lindsey Stirling's Christmas album, Seth MacFarlane Sinatra-ing it up, etc. Not sure if the random Killers album there was actually a Walmart one and also a Kid Cudi album too; all between 20 to 30 bucks.

edit: Oh yeah Lady GaGa's Chromatica album too.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 10, 2023

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Turbinosamente posted:

I didn't know this existed and got curious. Yeesh, that's a dire box set.

Two of the four CDs are remixes of the original album. The 2-disc version of Another World has better extras. (It's also the better of May's solo albums.)

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I didn't know this existed and got curious. Yeesh, that's a dire box set.

Two of the four CDs are remixes of the original album. The 2-disc version of Another World has better extras. (It's also the better of May's solo albums.)

Yeah, that's why I'm not jumping on it on Amazon either. Already have the base vinyl rerelease of Back to the Light and the 90s CDs of both anyways. My love for the song Resurrection kinda overrides everything but lately I've grown to appreciate Another World better. Wilderness gets stuck in my head far too often lately for such a dramatic song for example. Maybe I'll cave and double dip on vinyl or the 2 disc if I stumble across them cheap, though I have been making a more concerted effort to not do so.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I bought an apartment recently so I've had no money for records since but I just had this preorder from a few months ago arrive :cool: I've been waiting for these to be affordable for years

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

My new vinyl mix is up. Records I bought for reasonable prices...

https://www.mixcloud.com/Radio_RapTz/moss-appeal-42/

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Speaking of pre-orders, today marks one year +1 day that I ordered the Cowboy Bebop ST from LITA. As of 12/22/22, the current status is that shipments will start being sent on 2/24/23. Maybe I'll have this stupid thing by the end of '23?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

bigman.50grand posted:

Speaking of pre-orders, today marks one year +1 day that I ordered the Cowboy Bebop ST from LITA. As of 12/22/22, the current status is that shipments will start being sent on 2/24/23. Maybe I'll have this stupid thing by the end of '23?

I hope so, that sucks. Had a similar experience with the Disco Elysium soundtrack for a good 8-12 months.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Record fair day, so some successful digging on new and old poo poo.

Stoked on finding the HBO Watchmen Volume 1 soundtrack for $55AU, considering it's brand new and sealed. It usually hits $90 at most shops; same with Harry Styles.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

A few pickups from the record store. Kind of disappointed in the Boots Randolph record despite the fantastic cover, it's kind of cheesy and not really what I'm after. The Buddy Tate Quintet was a nice surprise, just a solid jazz record, including the last track "Gee Baby Ain't I Good To You" which my wife clocked as the song Cameron Diaz sings in The Mask. I also managed to find some city pop from a store in Hong Kong even with $30 for shipping still ends up cheaper and here faster than preordering from Light in the Attic.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hey thread, just letting you know, I'm still going to list a bunch of records, I'm trying to take slightly better pics than the ones I've already shown you, and doubling or tripling the number of records. I will let this thread know when I put it up and I will honor all the "dibs" you guys and dolls gave me, if you still want them. I'll probably be doing the same pricing discussed earlier, though I will be throwing in a few odds and sods too.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Something I didn't notice in my haste - the Fleetwood Mac live album is super warped. Considering we're getting to 40ish degrees celsius tomorrow is it worth leaving it out in ambient temperature with a weight on it to try and salvage it?

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I live 3 hours by train from my closest record store so 100% of my buying is done online. I miss the 'in person' experience and finding stuff I wouldn’t have otherwise known about. Also the immediacy of finding something and getting to listen to it immediately (well, as soon as I get home).

The cool thing I’ve found however, is that Levykauppa Äx are loving brilliant at shipping records. I ordered the new Teini-Pää album on Thursday morning and it arrived yesterday afternoon from the other end of the country. I have no idea what kind of voodoo magic they do to get a 24 hour turnaround but I love it.

Also, when I preordered the latest Belle & Sebastian album, I got an email from them to say that because it was only announced that week, they literally couldn’t ship it for delivery on release day but would send as soon as they had it. It turned up on the Tuesday afterwards.

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
New (old) Drab Majesty day! Zoom in for download links.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Finally, my love for punk and my love for belle and sebastian come together.

Well the Tigermilks is pop punk, Cheap Girls is upbeat indie rock. Both good, i like Tigermilks better.

I appreciate the back cover. All songs written by the tigermilks except for tracks 1, 2, 3, and 4. A lovely tribute. And because i'm a big fan of whimsy, have this photo too.

(That's the 1999 Jeepster pressing jacket with the 2021 25th anniversary baby blue vinyl... the 7" is billed as baby blue, as well. "Baby blue" is a wide swath of the blue spectrum)

I bought it digitally on Bandcamp too, so I don't need the download. It's on this sticker on the sleeve.

The other one is a split, number 15 in a cover series "Under the Influence" from Suburban Home Records, with the B side being Noise by Numbers' cover of Jesus and Mary Chain's "Between Planets", and was also enjoyable (I have still not listened to any JaMC though, i am a failure)

BTW I wanna give a shoutout to the Discogs seller, Wowee Zowee, who did a fearsome packaging job. The parcel has sustained a moderate corner ding but, thanks to Zowee's secure packing, the records were unharmed. Also good conversation. Recommended seller.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Plaid Room Records is having a 15% off sale right now. They are the home of Colemine and Karma Chief Records. Tons of good stuff. Free shipping on orders over $50.

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/

poo poo. The sale ends in two hours sorry bout that.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

sporklift posted:

Plaid Room Records is having a 15% off sale right now. They are the home of Colemine and Karma Chief Records. Tons of good stuff. Free shipping on orders over $50.

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/

poo poo. The sale ends in two hours sorry bout that.

Plaid Room Records is a great little shop. I have had great experiences in their store and ordering through their website.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/nfr_podcast/status/1625546189570555915

Huh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down
Got some stuff in from France