Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Samovar posted:

What, did the recipe say use baking soda?

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like the idea of Coke/Pepsi being sweet, drinkable soy sauces

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean you've got baking chocolate, surely baking soda ...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Creature posted:

American food suddenly makes a lot more sense if you read ‘pepper’ as some weird-arse slang for ‘Pepsi’.

I think they’re saying that it’ll be spicy enough that they’ll drink two Pepsis to cool their mouth down.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Samovar posted:

What, did the recipe say use baking soda?

:lol:

I had to look it up just to see what was going on, and it's a london broil with a marinade using garlic, balsamic vinegar, worcestershire sauce, low sodium soy sauce, dijon mustard, olive oil, brown sugar, thyme, oregano, fresh ground black pepper, and kosher salt. And of course the commenter never returned to address the resulting confusion :iiam:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

:lol:

I had to look it up just to see what was going on, and it's a london broil with a marinade using garlic, balsamic vinegar, worcestershire sauce, low sodium soy sauce, dijon mustard, olive oil, brown sugar, thyme, oregano, fresh ground black pepper, and kosher salt. And of course the commenter never returned to address the resulting confusion :iiam:

It's so simple. Soy sauce = black liquid that's yummy. Soda = black liquid that's yummy. They can be substituted for one another!

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Help, now I have crude oil in my marinade

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Brawnfire posted:

I got drunk one night and took my homemade unagi sauce, and added seltzer from a sodastream bottle to it.

If it weren't so salty, it would have worked :v:

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to know what this tastes like

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Poopelyse posted:

I'd like to know what this tastes like

Yeah, I'd definitely give that one a shot. No idea what to expect from the flavor, but I like sweet & hot in a sauce in general.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Citrus/berry hot sauce? Yes please.

They're only making 750 bottles of it!?

dang

stringless has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Feb 6, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i looked at some reviews, it's like artificial lime flavor, not much heat, and very sweet. "sickly" was the description.

the contest is still going if anyone wants to punish themselves.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Brawnfire posted:

It's so simple. Soy sauce = black liquid that's yummy. Soda = black liquid that's yummy. They can be substituted for one another!

yeah the "regular soy sauce" bit made me think that's the reasoning

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Soy sauce is made from soy, Pepsi is made from corn syrup, corn and soy are both basically grains, I see no problem here.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Soy sauce is made from soy, Pepsi is made from corn syrup, corn and soy are both basically grains, I see no problem here.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

steinrokkan posted:

actually corn is a fruit and syrup comes from a bush

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I said basically

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

this is true. they are fruit.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Fresh in cellophane!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Creamed filled"

Also lol nice ethically sourced regional cacao blend you've got there

"54% quick energy, 46% reserve energy" man these guys just Mad Menning it up blitzed out of their minds

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Data Graham posted:

"Creamed filled"

Also lol nice ethically sourced regional cacao blend you've got there

"54% quick energy, 46% reserve energy" man these guys just Mad Menning it up blitzed out of their minds

54% sugar, 46% fat!

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Fresh in cellophane!

This is one of the least disgusting things posted in this thread by a country mile

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"BUN" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Fresh in cellophane!

You could only wish for cellophane these days, Cellulose film composts down very quickly compared to the near indestructible polyethylene everything comes wrapped in now.

I thought I was looking at a close up of black mould for a min there, adding the texture of boba pearls to a burger really does not sound all that appealing.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

"option(s): haha"

I agree: derisive laughter is really the only appropriate condiment for the boba burger

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kinda wild that "supplies calories" used to be a selling point.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
obesity crisis started crisply in the 70s. thats one argument for it being unicausal somehow

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

Kinda wild that "supplies calories" used to be a selling point.

I went down a few rabbit holes while researching the origins of the Grand Ole Opry, and one of the places I ended up was the Goo Goo Cluster. This is the official candy of Nashville, like a cross between a stroopwafel and a Moon Pie but with a nominal amount of protein from the crushed peanuts. When it was introduced in the 1910s, a lot of working Americans simply weren't able to get enough calories with the time and resources allotted to them. A 200-kCal lump of fatty sugar costing five cents must have looked like a godsend, like the food pills from The Jetsons fifty years in advance.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All those midcentury food ads are "nourishing" this and "wholesome" that and it's just wild thinking about suburban moms who'd grown up trying to get enough milk out of the cow to make sure the kids didn't all get pellagra, now able to buy her kids HOSTESS CUP CAKES with CONTINUOUS ENERGY FOR 4 HOURS

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Brawnfire posted:

You can chug kecap manis if you try hard enough. It's Indonesian soy sauce with a ton of palm sugar in it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Daym drops another one of his rare 1-star reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q304PHyLTOw

The real fun starts around halfway in as he becomes progressively angrier at the food

Is Werner Herzog on Cameo?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

The real fun starts around halfway in as he becomes progressively angrier at the food

“Just looking at your lo mein gave me anxiety”

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sir Lemming posted:

DON'T DO IT DAYM!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The idea of eating at a one star american chinese buffet is terrifying. The diseases you would catch and the bills you would get for the medical care...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

General So Sickened

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

you need to aim for the 3.5 star asian restaurants

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
five filth chicken