Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Not quite a panel but still...

Joker: NOT NOW DEREK I'M ENJOYING A CRIME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Everybody knows a time traveling Abraham Lincoln killed Hitler who had his head put onto a robot after the first 750 times he was killed

Tales From the Bully Pulpit

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Phy posted:

Gosh I love rare sentences.

You and I must have had very different childhoods if you consider this a rare sentence.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kalli posted:

Everybody knows a time traveling Abraham Lincoln killed Hitler who had his head put onto a robot after the first 750 times he was killed

"I'm gonna emancipate your teeth" is some incredible poo poo talking

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kalli posted:

Abraham Lincoln was actually pretty successful wrestler before he became president, so this tracks.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Holy poo poo, Cap better change his name to Human Torch because he was buuuuuuuuuurned!

In the Marvel continuity Captain America punched out Hitler, Frank's line isn't as devastating as he thinks it is.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Kalli posted:

Time Lincoln #1

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Alhazred posted:

In the Marvel continuity Captain America punched out Hitler, Frank's line isn't as devastating as he thinks it is.
we all know how effective punching people is at solving international war crimes and genocidal nation states.

What If...? v2 #1

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

we all know how effective punching people is at solving international war crimes and genocidal nation states.

What If...? v2 #1

I mean we really don't. Those guys don't get punched anywhere often enough

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Alhazred posted:

Abraham Lincoln was actually pretty successful wrestler before he became president, so this tracks.

What part of old timey wrestling involves doing a textbook shoryuken

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, not much. maybe 30-40% of it?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Alhazred posted:

Abraham Lincoln was actually pretty successful wrestler before he became president
It's true.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Alhazred posted:

BAH GAWD KING THAT'S LINCOLN'S MUSIC
STOP THE MATCH, SOMEONE CALL EVA BRAUN, HE AIN'T COMIN' HOME TA-NITE!!!

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
One of my rules of comedy is that Lincoln is always funny out of a Presidential context.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You must be fun at funeral processions.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Keromaru5 posted:

One of my rules of comedy is that Lincoln is always funny out of a Presidential context.

"He was getting close to my price" is a classic knee-slapper.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ghostlight posted:

Pretty effective yeah. It’s rarely done and rarely for the right reasons when it’s done at all but it’s by far the most successful methodology on record.

If we are treating “punching” as a catch all for “doing violence until they stop” anywho.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i meant in the very literal superhero sense where captain america punches hitler in 1941 and then hitler's just the leader of nazi germany for four more years before an android burns his original physical body to death

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Keromaru5 posted:

every time I see or hear him mentioned I suddenly hear fragmaster in my head shouting "FOUR SCORE AND SEVEN YEARS AGO I WORE A TOP HAT AND SLEPT IN A BED WITH A MAN". thanks, stupid comedy forum.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Keromaru5 posted:

I don't know, I saw him at a theater once and one of the least funny things happened.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Push El Burrito posted:

I don't know, I saw him at a theater once and one of the least funny things happened.
Let me rephrase that: Lincoln in virtually any setting or situation other than the real-life commander-in-chief of the United States during the Civil War.

Abe getting shot at Ford's Theatre = not funny.

Abe shooting back = funny.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
abraham lincoln: vampire hunter wasn't funny at all, really.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

It's funny that it was a legitimately good movie with actual good use of 3D during that fad.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Just about done Peter David's Hulk run and came across this incredibly stupid gem:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

"I'm gonna emancipate your teeth" is some incredible poo poo talking

Just imagine it in the high-pitched, whistle voice he apparently had.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

Just imagine it in the high-pitched, whistle voice he apparently had.

Abraham Lincoln, in the pitch of Elmo of Sesame Street posted:

I’m the big buck of this lick. If any of you want to try it, come on and whet your horns

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Crucible #6 (1993)

Punisher vs. Bullseye #4 (2006)

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Push El Burrito posted:

NOW YOU hosed UP. NOW YOU hosed UP. NOW YOU hosed UP. NOW YOU hosed UP.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RIP John Wilkes Booth you never got to see Abraham Lincoln's fantastic film Barbarian.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I'm sure he saw a rough cut. A lot of them, in fact (from the claw of the hammer)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Captain Action #1 (1968)

Countdown: Arena #1 (2008)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Darthemed posted:

Captain Action #1 (1968)

Dad has a mid life crisis and becomes a superhero, told from the perspective of his family, seems like a good premise for a book.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Action is what a dad turns into when the kids are at Grandma's house for the weekend.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Captain Action #1 (1968)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman: The Computers That Saved Metropolis! (1980)

Black Adam #4 (2008)

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Darthemed posted:

Superman: The Computers That Saved Metropolis! (1980)

Somehow I had multiple copies of this.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
So that's why every TRS-80 in the world is compressed into a sphere the size of a golf ball.

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

Beerdeer posted:

Somehow I had multiple copies of this.
You can thank Radio Shack for this, it was part of the "Whiz Kids" and "electronics" titles that were basically advertising wrapped around a thin core of "STEM is fun!"
I found so many cleaning out my parents' house.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Judge Dredd 2000 AD - Prog 477 (1986)

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

SimonChris posted:

Judge Dredd (1986)(Don't know the issue)

That's 'The Art of Kenny Who?' from prog 477.