Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Dystopian 1970s football:

https://twitter.com/UpshotTowers/status/1622272337423880195?t=u9bGaPz1fCst-2cnmfcVpQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

many thanks to this thread for turning me on to David squires. got a couple of his books for my dad, who loves them

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Christe Eleison posted:

many thanks to this thread for turning me on to David squires. got a couple of his books for my dad, who loves them

I feel sorry for the non-Australians who can't enjoy his local content. He bleeds vegemite

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

I was expecting to hear him disgusted with the behaviour of the police but I guess I should have known better lol.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

I want to believe

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We've got sleuther Mik Arteta

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/HLTCO/status/1623966060780060672

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Now i want to see a new series of The Office where David Brent is managing a football team. Leeds maybe

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beffer posted:

Now i want to see a new series of The Office where David Brent is managing a football team. Leeds maybe
not sure he could handle taking the transpennine express

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Tactix Tim. :discourse:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Weird fair play moment in the Scottish Cup: Rangers player goes down with an injury so his teammates put the ball out. The injured player apparently doesn't see what happened so he closes down the other team as they throw it in to kick the ball back and scores a goal. Then it's handbags and Rangers end up letting Partick Thistle score from the kickoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UBvfGwjMlM&t=343s

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

greazeball posted:

Weird fair play moment in the Scottish Cup: Rangers player goes down with an injury so his teammates put the ball out. The injured player apparently doesn't see what happened so he closes down the other team as they throw it in to kick the ball back and scores a goal. Then it's handbags and Rangers end up letting Partick Thistle score from the kickoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UBvfGwjMlM&t=343s

Tillman is a dickhead, he must have known the defender was kicking the ball back to them considering that is what happens 99% of the time when the injured player's team kick the ball out of play for an injury.

Also not sure what Ranger's keeper was playing at, the absolute twat.

Oh and the supporters booing the decision to allow Thistle to equalise. Absolute bunch of cunts.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rangers fans are the most Honour And Tradition weirdos in the sport so it’s extra funny seeing them boo their team do the right thing

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Dell_Zincht posted:

Tillman is a dickhead, he must have known the defender was kicking the ball back to them considering that is what happens 99% of the time when the injured player's team kick the ball out of play for an injury.

Also not sure what Ranger's keeper was playing at, the absolute twat.

Oh and the supporters booing the decision to allow Thistle to equalise. Absolute bunch of cunts.

He didn’t see it, he’d been off the field getting treatment after someone stamped on his ankle, and didn’t see Tav put it out. If you’d just got to your feet and looked at how Thistle were set up, you’d think they were going to attack rather than give the ball back, majority of their players were pressing in the Rangers half and they could have thrown it to right back anyway?

Tillman did what you’d want any young player to do, got bodied all game but got back up each time. Just poo poo luck, and Beale did the right thing too.

Ref bottled it repeatedly, I’d have booed him.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Total Meatlove posted:

He didn’t see it, he’d been off the field getting treatment after someone stamped on his ankle, and didn’t see Tav put it out. If you’d just got to your feet and looked at how Thistle were set up, you’d think they were going to attack rather than give the ball back, majority of their players were pressing in the Rangers half and they could have thrown it to right back anyway?

Tillman did what you’d want any young player to do, got bodied all game but got back up each time. Just poo poo luck, and Beale did the right thing too.

Ref bottled it repeatedly, I’d have booed him.

Nah sorry, not buying that. Tillman's teammate even indicated that it was going back to their keeper and like I said, that's generally what happens in this instance. Poor touch from the throw in doesn't excuse Tillman just steaming in for the ball thinking the Thistle player was trying to start an attack

Edit - Ah you're a Rangers fan. Well, I guess someone has to be

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
A bit harsh, you can't expect such a new club to be au fait with the traditions of the game

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:drat:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Obliterati posted:

A bit harsh, you can't expect such a new club to be au fait with the traditions of the game
:hmmyes:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Old favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_PUbQGA4U

UnfurledSails fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 15, 2023

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

https://twitter.com/MundialMag/status/1625840687882149888?t=sqC_gVPJVI3KxD1MLWh3Mw&s=19

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pretty wild that Balotelli is 32 now and has basically wasted his whole career despite getting it back on the right track briefly like three separate times.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:discourse:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Made me remember this amazing Mourinho quote about Balotelli

quote:

“I could write a book of 200 pages of my two years at Inter with Mario, but the book would not be a drama – it would be a comedy,” the tactician noted.

“I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the Champions League. In that match I had all my strikers injured. No Diego Milito, no Samuel Eto’o, I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one.

“Mario got a yellow card in the 42nd minute, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spend about 14 minutes of the 15 available speaking only to Mario.

“I said to him: ‘Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don’t touch anybody and play only with the ball. If we lose the ball no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction, if the referee makes a mistake, no reaction.'

“The 46th minute – red card!”

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

The Guardian Sports Network have published an article on the Norwegian Kidderminster Harriers fan group: https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1625905778820521984

I can remember when I saw they came over for our away game at Scarborough only for Brenda to cark it so it was called off

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

:allears:

I'm glad he no longer plays for the club I support but I'll be damned if I don't miss him playing in England

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Brendan Rodgers signing balotelli at a huge discount thinking he was the one to unlock his potential is possibly the most Brendan Rodgers thing imaginable

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Apparently he didn’t want Balotelli but the owners bought him anyway.

Source: Rodgers.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

vyelkin posted:

“The 46th minute – red card!”

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/2000390--rubin-vs-inter/

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

When I coached u15 and had problem kids, the best way to get them sent off was to lecture them about how they need to focus on not getting sent off. Most pro footballers are no more mature than that so seems like a rookie coaching mistake by Mou.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Not sure if this goes to TAQ or here, but wondering which coach would be the best bet.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

vyelkin posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1626165644956688384