Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

The solution to these problems is not timelimits but better FREE places for kids to hang out in the city center, and better free places where homeless people can hang out so they get out of the weather without being hassled.

Bah, you'll never make any money that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

The solution is to force minimum wage restaurant workers to be security guards and social workers

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

standord just put out a study about IRS audits since 2014

https://dho.stanford.edu/wp-content/uploads/IRS_Disparities.pdf

And wouldn't you know, poorer households get audited more. Especially poor black households

Didn't the IRS literally just straight-up say out loud they were doing this a few years ago because it's too expensive to audit anyone with money and the IRS has no budget for it?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

Didn't the IRS literally just straight-up say out loud they were doing this a few years ago because it's too expensive to audit anyone with money and the IRS has no budget for it?

They literally did and nothing ever came of it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

then Biden got the IRS more money to do better audits and literally one of the first priorities of the new Republican house under McCarthy is undoing that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pave over a park to put up a parking garage: why don't kids play outside anymore

They lyric is,

They paved paradise, put up a parking lot

Mmmm bop bop bop bop

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They lyric is,

They paved paradise, put up a parking lot

Mmmm bop bop bop bop

The mmmbop bops are not canon

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Failed Imagineer posted:

The mmmbop bops are not canon

I know, but I'm not leaving Vanessa Carlton behind.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

happyhippy posted:

I agree with this, though up it to 45 mins and only for kids.
The nearest McDonalds is a major attractor for kids, cheapest fast food in the area.
And some times of the day its a nightmare with dozens of them running inside and out, just hanging around, not buying anything.

Have you considered eating less fast food, op?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

I wasn't expecting it to be "we only audit people who make exactly 20k"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1622618967528333312

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

quote:

Audits of the lowest-income taxpayers, particularly those claiming the EITC, resulted in higher amounts of recommended additional tax per audit hour compared to all income groups except for the highest-income taxpayers. IRS officials explained that EITC audits are primarily pre-refund audits and are conducted through correspondence, requiring less time. Also, lower-income audits tend to have a higher rate of change to taxes owed.

https://www.gao.gov/products/gao-22-104960

things quickly fall apart with very modest incomes. e.g. my mom triggered an audit for claiming losses on a hobby. two IRS agents drove from like 60 miles away, spent two days in the accountants' office and came to the conclusion that my parents were owed an extra $5.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pave over a park to put up a parking garage: why don't kids play outside anymore

thanks Obama

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Al Pacino returns as Tony Montana to shill for Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!

"I TAKE YOU ALL TO loving FLAVOR TOWN!" :blastu:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cranston looks like he was fuckin' deepfaked

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Animal-Mother posted:

Al Pacino returns as Tony Montana to shill for Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!

"I TAKE YOU ALL TO loving FLAVOR TOWN!" :blastu:

Say hello to my chocolate blend!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

This poo poo is like not even novel at this point, I feel like he's come back as Walter White for ads like three times now

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

happyhippy posted:

The nearest McDonalds is a major attractor for kids, cheapest fast food in the area.
And some times of the day its a nightmare with dozens of them running inside and out, just hanging around, not buying anything.

So? It's a McDonalds. Were you going there for the atmosphere?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Much as I appreciate Cranston giving zero fucks, I also gotta respect Raymond Cruz for going ham. I know that's the character, but he always looks like he takes such joy in being Tuco.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I wish his character wasn’t the first (second?) of the Big Bads Walt had to take out every season, he was fun

I haven’t watched the last couple Better Call Saul’s, iirc he is in it?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

happyhippy posted:

Why do you care that they don't buy anything?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I hang out at a local McDonalds restaurant just to enjoy the ambience. Having so much riff-raff loitering around is difficult to stomach

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Professor Shark posted:

I wish his character wasn’t the first (second?) of the Big Bads Walt had to take out every season, he was fun

I haven’t watched the last couple Better Call Saul’s, iirc he is in it?

The actor, Raymond Cruz, actually asked to be written out cause he didn’t like being in the headspace of Tuco.

Everyone in the commercial shows up in BCS at some point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I hang out at a local McDonalds restaurant just to enjoy the ambience. Having so much riff-raff loitering around is difficult to stomach

This.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The loitering riff-raff is the ambience

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Heathcliff > Riff-Raff

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Heathcliff > Riff-Raff

Garfield > Take That

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Garfield > Take That

Just a little snack, guys

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
A big reason that kids all hang out at McDonald's, at least around me, is because there's literally nothing else for them to do. Basically all after school programs were all cut except for sports, and they can't stay on school premises, and there aren't very many other places to go where they can sit that don't cost money just to enter.

It's weird that kids get worse as we keep cutting more school programs to pay for the police to deal with these crazy kids. Wild.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kids congregate at gas stations because if they keep making that loving RACKET WITH THEIR lovely MOPEDS anywhere where they live, their parents will cut off their allowance.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It's because of the "Meet me at McDonald's" haircut (haram)

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/meet-mcdonalds-haircut-banned-school-14337509

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
tuco was hot

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SpacePig posted:

A big reason that kids all hang out at McDonald's, at least around me, is because there's literally nothing else for them to do. Basically all after school programs were all cut except for sports, and they can't stay on school premises, and there aren't very many other places to go where they can sit that don't cost money just to enter.

It's weird that kids get worse as we keep cutting more school programs to pay for the police to deal with these crazy kids. Wild.

eh, kids will do that even if they've got a place to be.

like near me recently the local skaters took over an abandoned lot and built a skate park on it. kids were coming from all over to skate it and it was pretty cool but they also definitely glommed on to any business where they could get free water and just took it over completely.

doesn't matter though because in less than a month the city caught wind of the skate park and destroyed everything they built with jackhammers.

the lot is owned by the parks department and has been vacant for 8 years.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

McDonald's. What do you think they do there? They don't drink milkshakes, I assure you.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Where I grew up, after highschool got out kids either went to the adjacent McDonalds to loiter, to the public library across the street to use the computers / free wifi, or to the empty lot behind the McDonalds to beat the poo poo out of each other and/or watch other kids beat the poo poo out of each other. It was kinda our designated "beat the poo poo out of each other" point where everyone would schedule fights.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Shame Boy posted:

Where I grew up, after highschool got out kids either went to the adjacent McDonalds to loiter, to the public library across the street to use the computers / free wifi, or to the empty lot behind the McDonalds to beat the poo poo out of each other and/or watch other kids beat the poo poo out of each other. It was kinda our designated "beat the poo poo out of each other" point where everyone would schedule fights.

We would just go to someone's backyard and throw on boxing gloves to beat the poo poo out of each other, but this was south louisiana in "better times".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

The 13-year-old had the sides of his head shaved, with a long perm on top, in a bid to look like the Blackpool-based rapper Little T.

wtf. england is punishing brown kids for trying to look the the whitest kid ive ever seen.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Real hurthling! posted:

wtf. england is punishing brown kids for trying to look the the whitest kid ive ever seen.

It's England m80 if you don't like it get the boat, simple as.

:britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I know these tabloid things are mostly fake, but it reminds me of how much it sucks when a kid's body and style trends overlap with the latest moral panic. Like I know fades and 'short everywhere but the front/top' is popular with kids, my little brother has ridiculously curly hair, so if he just copied the current trend he'd be a hoodlum if he lived in the bog people islands.