Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

MANILA, Philippines — While he presented no data to back his claim, Defense Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. on Monday said that mental health problems can be “cured” through the training provided under the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) program.

Galvez, who cited his experience as an educator, said the “experiential” learnings from the ROTC program can help improve the “frustration tolerance” of students as compared to the National Service Training Program.

“They’ll learn survival instincts there. The so-called mental health problem can be cured, because the people’s frustration tolerance will increase,” he said during a Senate committee hearing on the proposed revival of mandatory ROTC in the country.

Galvez pointed out that the training under the ROTC program can expose them to “worse” experiences.

“They will acquire experiences that will make them think, ‘Why am I sulking over this when other people have it worse? Meaning, these mental problems can be cured,” he further argued.

Recalling his stint as a combat leader, Galvez also noted that its soldiers are not just trained to become mentors and leaders but also counselors.

“I was exposed. Many of us had PTSD but because we were able to provide counseling to them, these people were changed.,” he added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mods ban this Kruschevite scum.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
https://twitter.com/SmileTits/status/1621269744509755393

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

did they... does political science twitter not know how to define the word "worst"?

I want you to think what "political science twitter" means and who's using it.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Where's the hot take?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Quite apart from the actual content of the post (we're the cops of the world, boys), applying anti police slogans to the concept of "policing discourse" is an incredible leap lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

Quite apart from the actual content of the post (we're the cops of the world, boys), applying anti police slogans to the concept of "policing discourse" is an incredible leap lmao

there was another one last week about how "ACAB includes not policing people over vaccination"

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that made me remember there being a cspam poster who insisted doctors are just as bad as cops, if not worse lmao

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Truga posted:

that made me remember there being a cspam poster who insisted doctors are just as bad as cops, if not worse lmao

I believe there have been multiple cspammers who were of the opinion that ACAB includes doctors/nurses. Especially nurses.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

there was another one last week about how "ACAB includes not policing people over vaccination"

Whooooooooh

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

Where's the hot take?

yeah compulsory military service is basically a form of slavery.

StashAugustine posted:

granted

gradenko_2000 posted:

gently caress's sake :negative:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
ACAB includes policing takes

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Disagree with me? Looks like someone needs to kill the cop in their head

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1622665471064408065?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jessesingal/status/1622629299328000001?t=o_75d0oQE_fFiOYGVW2PZg&s=19

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It doesn't even release for another 3 days lol

selec
Sep 6, 2003

“we need a gaming site to review games for NORMAL PEOPLE” was a huge gamergate thing, this dude is a Lagging Indicator made human

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
politics aside you can tell this game is total dogshit 2 seconds into the trailer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there was a ACAB hardliner guy I distinctly remember & loved who argued repeatedly that firefighters were an arm of the insurance industry and the vast majority of fires were arson started by "firefighters".

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
idk about the majority but there's definitely been instances of arsonist firefighters

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

christmas boots posted:

idk about the majority but there's definitely been instances of arsonist firefighters

There was a woman a few years ago who got in deep poo poo for starting a wildfire to give her bored firefighter friends something to do

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2014/08/warm_springs_woman_who_set_79.html

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

HashtagGirlboss posted:

There was a woman a few years ago who got in deep poo poo for starting a wildfire to give her bored firefighter friends something to do

that's true love right there

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

christmas boots posted:

I saw a documentary about this and to this day I always check doors for heat.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've heard firefighters steal stuff from burning houses too but I haven't like seen it happen with my own eyes

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've heard firefighters steal stuff from burning houses too but I haven't like seen it happen with my own eyes
They take people straight out of their homes too.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Sicko poo poo:

quote:

Prescott Valley firefighters are stealing, hiding fake 'firehouse dog' from each other, apparently
The firehouse dog is about as real as Zoe's pet rock, Rocco, on "Sesame Street." And, just like Elmo, this dog is leaving us feeling gaslit.

Editor's Note: This story is brought to you by The Herd, 12 News' digital team. And as a group of mostly Millennials, we like to have fun on the internet because that's where we live.

There's a 16-year-old tradition at an Arizona fire department that involves a dalmatian.

Well, sort of.

The dalmatian is about as real as Zoe's pet rock, Rocco, on "Sesame Street." And, just like Elmo, this dog is leaving us feeling gaslit.

RELATED: Here's exactly why Elmo is beefing with a pet rock, because you definitely need an explanation

The "dog," named Pepper the Firehouse Dog, was pictured on Central Arizona Fire and Medical's Facebook page in the middle seat of a vehicle.

Vehicles seem to be where Pepper spends most of her time, as the tradition at the fire department involves firefighters stealing her from her home at Station 61 and hiding her from their fellow crew members.

To recap: firefighters at Central Arizona Fire and Medical have been stealing and hiding a large stuffed dog from each other for 16 years.

The Prescott Valley Police Department commented on the post saying that their K9s have requested a playdate with Pepper. The firefighters said Pepper would be honored.

There are a few reasons this is perplexing:

First off, K9s can hardly request anything. They can't speak in human tongues.

Secondly, even if the police department's dogs were magical and could talk, there is no way for Pepper to be honored, because Pepper is a stuffed dog.

Lastly, even if the K9s and Pepper did have a meetup, there is no way they would be able to play together. Pepper is a toy and would be used as such by the police dogs. Pepper isn't alive.

I finally know how Elmo feels, and I don't like it.

RELATED: Today in AZ has an official cow and she is a stunner
They're probably all fuckin each other.

https://www.12news.com/amp/article/...73-6f6c64da3f5e

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

mawarannahr posted:

Sicko poo poo:

They're probably all fuckin each other.

https://www.12news.com/amp/article/...73-6f6c64da3f5e

gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit gaslit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I’ve read (maybe here, definitely not anywhere that gives me absolute confidence it’s true) that when they were clearing the WTC rubble they found a crushed fire truck full of designer jeans

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
The tradition of Devil's Night fires as seen in The Crow were absolutely committed by professional arsonists with at least the racist approval of the Detroit Fire and Police Departments.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’ve read (maybe here, definitely not anywhere that gives me absolute confidence it’s true) that when they were clearing the WTC rubble they found a crushed fire truck full of designer jeans

It's from William Langewiesche's American Ground: Unbuilding the World Trade Center, which the NYT calls critically acclaimed in this piece presenting a journalists arguments that they could not have stolen those jeans because the Gap was 200 yards away and that any jeans probably fell in from another jeans store directly above it.
https://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/23/nyregion/rebutting-claim-tarnished-valor-research-challenges-account-9-11-looting.html

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Weka posted:

any jeans probably fell in from another jeans store directly above it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

idc if firefighters loot that should be counted as part of their pay just make sure you take an extra person as the designated looter so the fire fighters can get busy rescuing people rather than casing the joint

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

"woman who keeps setting fires so she can see the firefighter that responds to it" sounds like the setup to a torrid romance novel

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gradenko_2000 posted:

"woman who keeps setting fires so she can see the firefighter that responds to it" sounds like the setup to a torrid romance novel

Talk about carrying a torch...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Literally torrid.

indigi posted:

idc if firefighters loot that should be counted as part of their pay just make sure you take an extra person as the designated looter so the fire fighters can get busy rescuing people rather than casing the joint

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

indigi posted:

-Crassus, c. 70 BC

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
No they took an extra guy to haggle the fee while the place burned down. I don't condone that at all

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

StashAugustine posted:

-Crassus, c. 70 BC

:lol:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

No they took an extra guy to haggle the fee while the place burned down. I don't condone that at all

yeah that's exploitation. stealing something that was gonna be burned up anyway and may be covered by insurance is morally neutral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

All the info you want is here in New York's Worst Responders available in a free pdf

quote:

Through its pointless rivalries and competition for city dollars, the New York Police Department allowed hundreds of firefighters to die in the collapse of the World Trade Center towers. Cops looted retail shops at Ground Zero, violently suppressed protests by firefighters trying to recover the bodies of their dead friends, and arrested multiple fire department union leaders in retaliation. The NYPD spent the next decade-plus building an intelligence apparatus with more legal powers than the FBI. Cops have systematically scammed the government in doctor-aided plots to secure lucrative disability pensions and federal payouts, lying about 9/11-related PTSD and “fear of crowds” while selling cannolis in Little Italy at the Feast of San Gennaro. Authorities and the media have made sure that the errant heroism of New York’s Finest can never been forgotten, but stories of their misdeeds and incompetence have fallen into a memory hole as deep as a billion-dollar memorial pool. 68 pp. 2021.
https://researchdestroy.com/new-yorks-worst-responders-nypd-and-9-11.pdf

The jeans story is in there, and more!