Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Apparently the newer the Seagal movie the less he moves around. One of his newest movies he spends almost the entire movie sitting in a chair, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hirez posted:

sorry for my drunk posts and feel ashamed :( I never drink but I was just so excited for Plane... I ended up watching about 5mins before passing out. god bless.

So I shouldn't put it on now?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Class Warcraft posted:

Apparently the newer the Seagal movie the less he moves around. One of his newest movies he spends almost the entire movie sitting in a chair, apparently.

Exit Wounds was very funny but also had lots of dead air

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

yeah I made it more than halfway but couldn't bring myself to finish it.

also saw this lol https://screenrant.com/you-people-movie-jonah-hill-lauren-london-kiss-cgi/

I finished it. It was terrible.

Also lol :wtf: why???

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm waiting for it to come out that Jonah actually has some psychotic ideas like kissing another person will allow her to impurify his soul and he can never actually kiss anyone.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Looks like they filmed that movie beginning October 2021 so a CGI kiss was surely due to COVID protocols....?

Edit: Apparently there were other kissing scenes in the movie where CGI was not used so idk

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 7, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

haha I figured it was but yeah, jonah hill has that weird energy so its always fun to speculate. first ive heard of a cgi kiss scene though

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

A MIRACLE posted:

haha I figured it was but yeah, jonah hill has that weird energy so its always fun to speculate. first ive heard of a cgi kiss scene though

I think about a clip I heard a while back where somebody was raving about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers and all of the song-and-dance people from that era that absolutely busted their asses to look good on film and do stuff nobody could do and somebody chimed in with "Can you imagine Jonah Hill doing that?" and it was like, yeah. His success is one of the wildest things to me, seems pure Faustian. The guy was a lesser Seth Rogan who has now morphed into a completely nondescript middle-aged man writing low-effort poo poo and shooting documentaries about his therapy. Surely we can do better?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He is the least talented person in that entire crew by a county mile and he knows it. He's basically famous by association.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He recently did some documentary where he talks to his therapist about his therapy sessions and it was seriously the most unwatchable thing I have ever attempted. Just like, the hubris it takes to release something like that and expect other people to watch it...

Edit: You mentioned the therapy doc and I skipped right over it :doh:

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Sirotan posted:

Looks like they filmed that movie beginning October 2021 so a CGI kiss was surely due to COVID protocols....?

Edit: Apparently there were other kissing scenes in the movie where CGI was not used so idk

This was my original assumption, but having seen the movie I'm not sure that makes any sense. There's a pretty pointed effort in the movie to make it look like it doesn't take place in the midst of a pandemic. Practically every shot is filled with way more actors and extras than any other pandemic era film I've seen.

I would expect health and safety to be more, maybe we shouldn't pack synagogue with octogenarians for a a day of shooting for a 5 minute scene, and less let's not have our leads actually kiss.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I remember watching the 40 Year Old Virgin commentary way back when and during like the one scene Jonah Hill was in Judd Apatow was weirdly praising him and saying he was going places so I'm guessing he hosed Judd Apatow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

veni veni veni posted:

He is the least talented person in that entire crew by a county mile and he knows it. He's basically famous by association.

Gotta agree with this. I've never really gotten the whole Jonah Hill thing....

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I liked him in Maniac

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Deadite posted:

I liked him in Maniac

I can't remember the first thing about Maniac and trying to remember the plot just brings up feelings of sadness and dread within my soul so it must've been a good show

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I literally have no recollection at all that he was in Maniac.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

The best he has ever done was probably Superbad (which he didn't have to do much) and Wolf of Wall Street

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

david_a posted:

I literally have no recollection at all that he was in Maniac.

He was one of the main characters, did you not watch it?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Tagichatn posted:

When I read the title Maniac I think of the 2012 Goodbye Horses + Elijah Wood movie. Maybe they did too.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Baba Oh Really posted:

The best he has ever done was probably Superbad (which he didn't have to do much) and Wolf of Wall Street

He was fun in the Jump Street movies and played off Tatum really really well. If they did something together again I'd watch it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I thought he was good in Wolf of Wall Street, Scorcese must’ve sacrificed a chicken in a circle of candles

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
He's a good funny sidekick but not really a lead actor. Which is fine, he seems to be doing pretty well.

Maniac was rad though

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The way people are talking about Jonah Hill, I don't blame him for declining to do press for any more of his films anytime soon.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I thought he was pretty good in Moneyball.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I can't remember the first thing about Maniac and trying to remember the plot just brings up feelings of sadness and dread within my soul so it must've been a good show

It was amazing

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Tagichatn posted:

I remember Emma Stone, her sister character, and characters involved with the computer.

This is partially also a dig at Maniac about being forgettable. I liked the show when I saw it but promptly forgot it existed when I was done until somebody brought it up as an example of a show that instantly fades from memory.

(I looked up the wiki summary and now I do remember his character, but boy there was nothing before I did that)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Maniac is absolutely not a forgettable show unless you are doing as many drugs as the characters in Maniac.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 7, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

The way people are talking about Jonah Hill, I don't blame him for declining to do press for any more of his films anytime soon.

I'm probably being too hard on him. I don't think he's bad I just don't think he's all that great either, but he's had some moments. Superbad, 21 jumpstreet and maniac were good. Wolf of Wall Street and War Dogs were decent too. He can be funny or an ok dramatic actor. Really it's just recently he's been doing some real crap, and I do think Seth Rogen and Jason Segal were always just noticeably way more talented.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did he show up in any movies or shows when he was jacked and at average weight?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I like Jonah hill and most of his movies but when he’s a lead you have to think about him more and then it gets confusing

Afternoon beer posting

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Spoiler Alert, the movie based on the book Spoiler Alert the Hero Dies at the End is on Peacock. It got middling reviews, so even though I read the book and cried ugly while reading it, I had low expectations. But here I am crying.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Jonah Hill was really funny in his early career, in bit parts (Accepted, Grandma's Boy) but got less funny over time. Grandma's Boy is particularly terrible but Hill has some funny lines and he's the funniest character in Accepted.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Nihonniboku posted:

Spoiler Alert, the movie based on the book Spoiler Alert the Hero Dies at the End is on Peacock. It got middling reviews, so even though I read the book and cried ugly while reading it, I had low expectations. But here I am crying.

Lol I had no idea how to parse that until I looked up your spoiler and realised that Spoiler Alert was the name of the movie.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

mcmagic posted:

So I shouldn't put it on now?

no, you absolutely should watch it; I just wish I hadn't seen the trailer because it's bonkers but also "good?" Gerard Butler gets his own scale because he sucks but I can't help but watch all his poo poo since I loving love Geostorm.

This is coming from someone who's favorite movie is Con-Air and Armageddon (and The Rock); with Geostorm a top10'er so take that for what you will.

e: Hunter Killer was also :krad: Everything else he's been has been garbage

e2: and this might be the worst covid made movie I ever saw, or at least I hope it was made during Covid... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Seen_Alive

Hirez fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 8, 2023

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Spermanent Record posted:

Lol I had no idea how to parse that until I looked up your spoiler and realised that Spoiler Alert was the name of the movie.

Yup! It's the name of the movie, with the rest of the title of the book put in spoiler tags because it's a pretty big spoiler. It stars Jim Parsons, Ben Aldridge, and Sally Field. The book is a memoir by tv critic Michael Ausiello about his love story with his husband Kit. It's a real tearjerker.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Spermanent Record posted:

Thank you I couldn't make sense of it at all

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Jonah Hill was the second best part of The Wolf of Wall Street

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

He recently did some documentary where he talks to his therapist about his therapy sessions and it was seriously the most unwatchable thing I have ever attempted. Just like, the hubris it takes to release something like that and expect other people to watch it...

Edit: You mentioned the therapy doc and I skipped right over it :doh:

This makes me feel like the Jonah Hill we saw in This Is the End is very true to life.

and I've always hoped Danny McBride in that movie is how he really is.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Danny McBride plays the same character in everything he's in, I honestly think he's like that in real life at this point. I'm not poo poo talking I think he's hilarious.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Jonah Hill was really funny in his early career, in bit parts (Accepted, Grandma's Boy) but got less funny over time. Grandma's Boy is particularly terrible but Hill has some funny lines and he's the funniest character in Accepted.

If you can't appreciate Grandma's boy for the dumb stoner comedy it is we can't be friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Shame there's no HD physical release of Grandmas Boy. I did just now however find out there IS a HD release of Pootie Tang thank god!