Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Where can I find a mod to increase the map sight/reveal distance? I havent played in forever but I'm sure I used to have one, but I had a quick look on Nexus and couldn't see it.

Took a stab at the Goggles because a friend I play with was asking for this sometime in the last week:

https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/329/
https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/210

Haven't tried either mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Where can I find a mod to increase the map sight/reveal distance? I havent played in forever but I'm sure I used to have one, but I had a quick look on Nexus and couldn't see it.

ValheimPlus can do this.

From valheim_plus.cfg:

[Map]
; The radius of the map that you explore when moving.
exploreRadius = 100

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
new patch is up

edit: it absolutely massacres my build when it swings inwards, i wish we could put in a doorstopper so it only swung one way (out)

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 7, 2023

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I use this one, works great.

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

rjmccall posted:

Is there a way to go back and get a list of everything that just unlocked?

Hit your "inventory" button, click on the bird icon under your name, then hit "message log"

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
Any tips on soloing Yagluth? I fought him with a group but never solo and some of the comments don't sound too promising. Now that i know i should have used a spear on Moder :)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

JosephSkunk posted:

Hit your "inventory" button, click on the bird icon under your name, then hit "message log"

I’ll check this out, thanks!

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Pathfinder mod is my choice since it dynamically adjusts radius based on weather, biome, altitude.

https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/Crystal/Pathfinder/

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Dope thanks everyone, think I'll try Pathfinder, the dynamic stuff sounds cool.

I also used to use an inventory one, I think probably "Equipment and Quick Slots"

https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/92

Do people have other recommendations for inventory mods?

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Heffer posted:

Pathfinder mod is my choice since it dynamically adjusts radius based on weather, biome, altitude.

https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/Crystal/Pathfinder/

Whoa that's awesome. Does it have a modifier for sailing? Maybe that's included in the biome adjustments?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
It is on top of the biome adjustments.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Dope thanks everyone, think I'll try Pathfinder, the dynamic stuff sounds cool.

I also used to use an inventory one, I think probably "Equipment and Quick Slots"

https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/92

While I'm not a fan of how vanilla Valheim does inventory spots (no paper doll) I've had a very bad experience with various quickslot mods and dying. My solution has been to add an extra row of inventory via Valheim+ and forgo a dedicated paper doll / quickslot mod.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

I like this one because it's basic AF. I've had many issues with the quick slots mod deleting my poo poo when I die or the mod breaks due to updating.

https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/Fang86/MoreSlots/

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Anyone know if Valheim+ and Build Camera can be used together? I know it says it's incompatible with V+'s first person mode, but will it work if I don't enable that?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vasudus posted:

While I'm not a fan of how vanilla Valheim does inventory spots (no paper doll) I've had a very bad experience with various quickslot mods and dying. My solution has been to add an extra row of inventory via Valheim+ and forgo a dedicated paper doll / quickslot mod.

What are we talking about here - does gear on the paper doll have a tendency to get lost or interact poorly with multiple players? (e: Or just what FLIPADELPHIA said, I guess.)

Honestly more inventory slots doesn't seem the most game breaking when weight is usually the more important limiting factor.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Limiting the number of inventory slots doesn't even make sense really. Like you can carry 6 different stacks of ore that weigh 300 pounds but you can't carry 7 different individual plant seeds? Weight should be the only limiting factor.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

PittTheElder posted:

Anyone know if Valheim+ and Build Camera can be used together? I know it says it's incompatible with V+'s first person mode, but will it work if I don't enable that?

I run exactly this and have no problems.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Was it shortly after release? Equipment and quick slots didn't work on unmodded servers back then, your gear in the new slots would just be deleted. Now, however, it just drops two gravestones - one for your normal inventory and one for your gear. I recently did a playthrough with a few other people and nobody had problems with it the whole time.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They might have fixed it at this point. I last played with that mod combo in may of 22 and it would routinely eat the extra items.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Dumb question but it's my first time playing a patched game with mods on: do I need to re-download and reinstall V+ after the patch?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Dumb question but it's my first time playing a patched game with mods on: do I need to re-download and reinstall V+ after the patch?

Check for an update, but you don’t necessarily need to re-download the mod. Sometimes they announce it wherever you downloaded it from, sometimes your mod manager (if you’re using one) will let you know.

This is my first patch after mods too, it’s nice when they don’t utterly break your entire mod list (looking at you two, Subnautica and 7Daystodie :mad: )

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Ravenfood posted:

I've used the current V+ throughout the beta for this patch and the only issue I've run into is the Advanced Editor feature doesn't work on the hexagon doors yet. Everything else seems to work fine.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://twitter.com/jsmars/status/1623698518354321410

:fap:

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Not sure if I should be ecstatic or mad as hell at all the hours I wasted working around that problem.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Is that a dev or a modder? I genuinely don't know.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ravenfood posted:

Is that a dev or a modder? I genuinely don't know.

Looks like a dev from the Twitter bio

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
So you click on a piece, and it knows to try to snap it relative to that piece? Yeah, that seems hugely better than the guessing game it currently does. You’d still need to throw temporary pieces up in order to do certain kinds of offset positioning, like having a log that snaps 1m along, but it’d be great for QoL building stuff.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

rjmccall posted:

So you click on a piece, and it knows to try to snap it relative to that piece? Yeah, that seems hugely better than the guessing game it currently does. You’d still need to throw temporary pieces up in order to do certain kinds of offset positioning, like having a log that snaps 1m along, but it’d be great for QoL building stuff.

It's a HUGE upgrade for building overhangs. Bridges, roofs, even flooring will be so much less of a headache.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
goddamn that looks helpful

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe docks won't be a massive pain in the rear end now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

rjmccall posted:

I was assuming by "Manual" it means that you can cycle through some of the snap points for a piece.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
looks like it yeah.

The 'snap this post onto the bottom not the top' one looks AMAZING holy moly.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Eifert Posting posted:

Maybe docks won't be a massive pain in the rear end now

It's really funny how in a game so heavily about boats, building a decent dock is one of the most annoying and awful things to do.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Kanos posted:

It's really funny how in a game so heavily about boats, building a decent dock is one of the most annoying and awful things to do.

Literally the reason I started primarily building stone quays instead of wood docks.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

There is a mod for that if you want to be able to do it right now: Snap Points Made Easy

It's an old mod and I've been playing in VR where you can't use keyboard shortcuts so I don't know if it works in the current game version.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Man how awesome is it in vr I wanna try that

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The ocean waves in this game during a storm are obscenely cool, what the gently caress. They’re actually reminding me of being on a cruise ship and seeing 20-30ft monster waves off the sides.

Also, my longship got caught in a trough between 2 wave crests, and I’m pretty sure it took damage as the waves tried to fold it in half. I’m not entirely sure, because trying to sail through a storm is a fool’s errand and I’m the perfect fool for it :v:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

Man how awesome is it in vr I wanna try that

Super loving awesome. Best flatscreen2vr mod I've tried yet. VHVR is the mod.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

The ocean waves in this game during a storm are obscenely cool, what the gently caress. They’re actually reminding me of being on a cruise ship and seeing 20-30ft monster waves off the sides.

Also, my longship got caught in a trough between 2 wave crests, and I’m pretty sure it took damage as the waves tried to fold it in half. I’m not entirely sure, because trying to sail through a storm is a fool’s errand and I’m the perfect fool for it :v:

Just wait until the sea serpent attacks you during a storm at sea for added fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

You can take damage from waves and also fish lol