Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that's actually cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just retire then. He seems to relish the attention that this whole things getting him. Maybe building a brand, maybe just felt overdue.

Either way thank god Miamis not a part of at least one qb race

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

indigi posted:

that's actually cool

Sounds pretty boring tbh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Just retire then. He seems to relish the attention that this whole things getting him.

Really. This loving guy loves to talk about himself. Is there anyone on the planet with a higher opinion of themselves than Aaron Rodgers?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Really. This loving guy loves to talk about himself. Is there anyone on the planet with a higher opinion of themselves than Aaron Rodgers?

Elon Musk. But they'd get along fantastically.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tom Brady

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Aaron Rodgers didn't try to scam his fans with NFTs tbh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Sounds pretty boring tbh
I have a 5 year old. I'll take it tbh.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Aaron Rodgers' Darkplace

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Aaron Rodgers didn't try to scam his fans with NFTs tbh.

what do nfts have to do with the question?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Scumminess?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Someone emerging from four days of darkness and self-reflection and saying "I'd like to sign with the New York Jets" is a pretty hilarious thought

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

what do nfts have to do with the question?

We're comparing the lovely qualities of different people.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's just telling everyone that he's going to the Raiders folks, he's not exactly a subtle man.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Imagine having the money to literally go anywhere do anything you want for your vacation and you choose to go sit in some dumb little dark house for 4 days lol. He's definitely a weirdo.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wonder where the line is between being a Sonoma crystal mom and actually being crazy and when it starts to affect your play. At any rate, there’s no way this guy isn’t microdosing or taking full on LSD tabs on the field during games.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Rodgers news will drop next week after the man's darkness retreat, which definitely sounds like a thing normal people do.
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1623041524425715712

He's going to butt chug so much Ayahuasca.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If the Jets miss out on Rodgers and Carr I'm beginning to think they should draft a QB rather than bringing some dogshit backup and starting him or banking the season on Jimmy G staying healthy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They should probably draft a guy regardless of who they bring in as a vet. Grab Hendon Hooker in the 2nd. Keep rolling dice until you have a long term solution.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
hendon hooker can't be a real name. rejected spiderman alias rear end

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

^^He's really good OP

Cimini has a piece on how much of a failure Zach is and the blame is starting to go around.

quote:

Some talent evaluators within the organization didn't see Wilson as worthy of being the No. 2 pick, according to two sources familiar with the pre-draft process. They saw him as a developmental player who could be a starter within three years. Assistant GM Rex Hogan and then-offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur were the driving forces behind the decision to pick him second, they said.

"[LaFleur], along with Rex Hogan, were in 2021 draft meetings selling the narrative that there was a legit argument Wilson was better than [No. 1 overall pick] Trevor Lawrence," one source said. "[Some of us], we're like, 'What the f---?!' It's one thing to like a player; it's another to pump a prospect up higher than he actually is."

Ultimately, it was Douglas' call to draft Wilson -- and his decision fell in line with the rankings of many national draft experts who had Wilson rated as a top-10 prospect. Scouts Inc. and NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah ranked Wilson as the No. 2 quarterback behind Lawrence, while ESPN's Mel Kiper rated him No. 3, behind Lawrence and Justin Fields.
https://twitter.com/ESPNNewYork/status/1623294339748347904

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Why is Rex Hogan still employed?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I wonder if this is why the team didn't do anything major about the QB spot in the offseason. MLF was bitching about Wilson to everyone and they were just like "this is the mess you made, you can fix it yourself"

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

syzpid posted:

I wonder if this is why the team didn't do anything major about the QB spot in the offseason. MLF was bitching about Wilson to everyone and they were just like "this is the mess you made, you can fix it yourself"

I know there was a lot of handwringing about firing MLF, and I get it, Zach Wilson sucks. But I feel like standing on the table for Zach Wilson and then refusing to have a good working relationship with him, all while trotting out bottom of the barrel offenses for two years, is probably pretty good reason to can an OC? Just a thought.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Not disputing the report but you always love a piece that centers the blame on guys that didn't make the decision. Bonus points for including a guy who already left!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets didn't ruin Wilson or coach him badly. He just isn't good. The guys who drafted him 2nd overall are the ones who need to be fired for it. Including Douglas.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Jets didn't ruin Wilson or coach him badly. He just isn't good. The guys who drafted him 2nd overall are the ones who need to be fired for it. Including Douglas.

"I thought he was bad but would have developed into a starter within 3 years" is a pretty lovely way of saving face too because lol no he wouldn't have.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

"I thought he was bad but would have developed into a starter within 3 years" is a pretty lovely way of saving face too because lol no he wouldn't have.

Also the Jets knew they were drafting a guy who would need to start right away just with the composition of the roster. If they knew they were drafting a "project" to start him right away that is also pure incompetence.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

syzpid posted:

Fully cognizant on how obnoxious my Jets contrarianism is but going to that well again: who cares if MLF liked him pre-draft? He's not a scout and then after actually working with him for a year he realized Wilson sucked. You'd be punishing the entire organization just to put a 34-year-old OC in his place?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Fully cognizant on how obnoxious my Jets contrarianism is but going to that well again: who cares if MLF liked him pre-draft? He's not a scout and then after actually working with him for a year he realized Wilson sucked. You'd be punishing the entire organization just to put a 34-year-old OC in his place?

If you're going to ignore your OC's take on which QB you should draft he shouldn't be the OC (and he shouldn't have been)

I keep going back to Saleh's infuriating quote after the season about how when you "go young' that means both coaches and players as an excuse for his loving miserable offensive staff which makes no sense at all. That is what destroyed him as the Jets coach. He had no chance before he even started.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 8, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

Not disputing the report but you always love a piece that centers the blame on guys that didn't make the decision. Bonus points for including a guy who already left!

fsif posted:

No comment on the Jets contrarianism, but I dunno, the OC is going to be one of the guys principally responsible for helping to develop the guy? Putting the lovely eval aside, which agreed with all here is on Douglas and not on MLF, you should expect the OC to try to maintain the relationship with the player even if the player isn't what the organization envisioned.

And FWIW, MLF having frosty relationships with players was a consistently reported issue through his whole tenure, from Mims to Becton to Moore to Wilson (and even G. Wilson). That's good enough reason to fire him on its own IMO.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I would like my GM to take the OC’s opinion into account but it absolutely is on the GM to make the right choice regardless of what the OC thinks.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

No comment on the Jets contrarianism, but I dunno, the OC is going to be one of the guys principally responsible for helping to develop the guy? Putting the lovely eval aside, which agreed with all here is on Douglas and not on MLF, you should expect the OC to try to maintain the relationship with the player even if the player isn't what the organization envisioned.

And FWIW, MLF having frosty relationships with players was a consistently reported issue through his whole tenure, from Mims to Becton to Moore to Wilson (and even G. Wilson). That's good enough reason to fire him on its own IMO.

Yeah if MLF has a lovely relationship with his players that probably makes him a lovely OC. I don't think that's related to anything I said, though.

mcmagic posted:

If you're going to ignore your OC's take on which QB you should draft he shouldn't be the OC (and he shouldn't have been)

Also doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. I'm pushing back on the idea that the FO said "hey MLF, quit your bitching about Zach! You liked him pre-draft so now you're stuck with him in Year 2!"

Sounds like MLF—a non-scout, non-decision maker—liked Wilson pre-draft and then soured on him after working with him for a year. It's appropriate for him to tell the higher ups Wilson isn't going to work out; it would have been incredibly inappropriate for the FO to put the entire franchise's season in jeopardy to teach him a lesson, for some reason.

fsif fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 8, 2023

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

^^He's really good OP

Cimini has a piece on how much of a failure Zach is and the blame is starting to go around.

Typical team driven hit piece, blame it on the guy who was fired.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1623366702212780032?t=ZEtVha6pXjBJl3rahl2JeA&s=19

Uhhhh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

he's probably bad, but that's a great name for an OL coach

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I wish I could make another team take Leslie Frazier and give us a 3rd rounder :(

Does that make me a bad person?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

He's not exactly an inspiring hire, but he's ultimately a glorified assistant OL coach given the rest of your staff is set up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

pasaluki posted:

I wish I could make another team take Leslie Frazier and give us a 3rd rounder :(

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

pasaluki posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1623462801594277891?s=20&t=2_U_R3uq-mD52d_pam5Mpw

I don't really know who this is but hey there's a guy for you