Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we'll probably get a nintendo treehouse on tears of the kingdom and Advance Wars Is Available Right Now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

Available Right Now

I get so excited every time this happens even if I don't care about the game lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

I get so excited every time this happens even if I don't care about the game lol

same lol. but also flashbacks to when it was a rhythm heaven game nd the whole imp zone blew up at once

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

setting the o/u at 3.5 farming sims featured this time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

3D Mario Maker probably won't ever work unless they create a completely revolutionary toolset to make the levels as easy to make as 2D ones without them looking like complete poo poo. I dunno, if anyone can pull it off it's Ninty

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thatd be sick tho

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not getting my hopes up for a ton of classic first party Nintendo games until they announce a new console. We’re pretty deep into the switch’s lifespan to be getting a new 3D Mario game. But I’ll always hope!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Not getting my hopes up for a ton of classic first party Nintendo games until they announce a new console. We’re pretty deep into the switch’s lifespan to be getting a new 3D Mario game. But I’ll always hope!

im not sure nintendo will ever make a new console

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i hope they dont

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

scary ghost dog posted:

Waiting a full minute to change eshop categories in 2028 is gonna own

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

3D Mario Maker probably won't ever work unless they create a completely revolutionary toolset to make the levels as easy to make as 2D ones without them looking like complete poo poo. I dunno, if anyone can pull it off it's Ninty
I think it could be done well with Mario 3D World, since that's all just blocks anyway. You could just place things on a snapping grid like normal Mario Maker. Probably harder for Galaxy/Odyssey style, but you could have a lot of larger modular pieces to connect to each other. Platforms, rocks, that sort of thing, and then you could have them snap to each other magnetically to build levels, but I think it would be weird to control.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think it could be done well with Mario 3D World, since that's all just blocks anyway. You could just place things on a snapping grid like normal Mario Maker. Probably harder for Galaxy/Odyssey style, but you could have a lot of larger modular pieces to connect to each other. Platforms, rocks, that sort of thing, and then you could have them snap to each other magnetically to build levels, but I think it would be weird to control.

Yeah I was thinking like 3D World style, simpler geometry that could be put together block by block

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah I was thinking like 3D World style, simpler geometry that could be put together block by block
I would become insane from designing levels and my wife would find me on the couch foreverially transformed into a goomba.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

wife pointed out that we could see more Pikmin 4, i forgot all about that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

updated my journal

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brace yourselves for - you guessed it - Startropics 3.

...but is it art?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fungah! posted:

updated my journal

based plebwife :3:

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Plebian Parasite posted:

Pikmin 1 & especially Pikmin 2 on Switch :pray:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3d Mario maker will never happen. Imagine how much worse the floor would get, 90% of Mario maker users struggle to make even rudimentary, functional levels

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

3d Mario maker will never happen. Imagine how much worse the floor would get, 90% of Mario maker users struggle to make even rudimentary, functional levels

This.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

64 bits. More than enough to roll any eye that moves. — Bob

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
maybe a new bubsy game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

64 bits. More than enough to roll any eye that moves. — Bob

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

updated my journal

fun arg for the imp zone, my wife posts here

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

don't keep us in suspense. the name of the man, please?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Nintendo mentioned the issues with chip shortages for the switch have finally resolved. the market has been moving from shortage to excess so if there was hesitation to create a new console because of supply chain issues that isn’t going to be a concern.

If there is a new console they need to basically do the hybrid portable/tv based thing. I can’t go back.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I hope there's a new switch cause I never get to play my current one, drat kids keep playing first party Nintendo games and JRPGs all drat day

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

Nintendo mentioned the issues with chip shortages for the switch have finally resolved. the market has been moving from shortage to excess so if there was hesitation to create a new console because of supply chain issues that isn’t going to be a concern.

If there is a new console they need to basically do the hybrid portable/tv based thing. I can’t go back.

I havent been able to take advantage of that much but the small form factor makes it so easy to take anywhere and play ie. friends place, cottage trip etc

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

can't wait for confirmation of the Double Switch tomorrow

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I hope there's a new switch cause I never get to play my current one, drat kids keep playing first party Nintendo games and JRPGs all drat day

you can buy more than one.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The only way I can really think to improve on the Switch functionality is to let you link it to the dock wirelessly and use it like a WiiU gamepad

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The only way I can really think to improve on the Switch functionality is to let you link it to the dock wirelessly and use it like a WiiU gamepad

they could make it more powerful

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

is there a way to have a profile on two switches at once? I know you can transfer between them but I don’t remember seeing if you can just seamlessly play on one than another and keep all the same data.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You could buy 5 or 6 of them, and the only thing that would happen is Nintendo gets more money and you get more Nintendo Switches. It's a win-win.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

they could make it more powerful

They can't do that. None of the extra bits would fit in the console without making it too big

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They can't do that. None of the extra bits would fit in the console without making it too big

I believe in Nintendo

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I hope that the Super Switch has full backwards compatibility with the Switch, which is the greatest video game console in recorded history.

...but is it art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should make a Switch 2 but also they should make a SNES 2