Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Blockhouse posted:

if the next expansion is Meracydia I would expect more blasted war-torn wastelands since one of the few things we know about that continent is parts of it are still ruined from the Allagan invasion

Over the thousands of years since the invasion, nature will have healed, barring still-active aetheric bullshit like The Burn. It'll probably just be Australia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

kitten emergency posted:

How hard is it to get thru DR? I never see groups and I don’t know how many people you need.

DR's queue has a hard cap of ten minutes before it'll just scoop up whoever was waiting and throw them in. The bosses scale with the number of players in at that time, but burden to individually perform is higher the less people there are.

And of course, how fast it goes depends on how many people out of the group are using essences and actions.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dareon posted:

Over the thousands of years since the invasion, nature will have healed, barring still-active aetheric bullshit like The Burn. It'll probably just be Australia.

Mad Max is a documentary.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dareon posted:

I'd be hoping for (HW trial spoilers) religions following the Warring Triad where nobody's tempered, because nobody's been able to summon them in so long that it stopped being a thing, so we get to see what healthy prosocial Zurvan worship looks like

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bozja should just smile more.

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022
re: eureka being more of a social space than bozja - is this like server dependent? because ime they've both been equal in the sense that sometimes people talk and sometimes they dont. i dont really see anything about bozja thats like. likely to deter people from talking casually either, like i see people talking to each other in chat in bozja pretty often

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I've had a bad time onboarding newbies to Bozja every time I've tried since Endwalker. Took a week each to get a few people through CLL and then got walled on DR just having absolutely no one joining in PF or otherwise, even when I managed to coax them back to try out new patch content.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Pyp posted:

re: eureka being more of a social space than bozja - is this like server dependent? because ime they've both been equal in the sense that sometimes people talk and sometimes they dont. i dont really see anything about bozja thats like. likely to deter people from talking casually either, like i see people talking to each other in chat in bozja pretty often

it's because a lot of people go in to eureka and just sit around and wait for nms instead of ever participating in spawning them. while this does happen somewhat in bozja, bozja fates pop up faster because they're chains of fates that take longer and don't always pop the final one if its on cooldown still

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I still need the field notes from either Cll/Dalradia or both Lyon duels for my sweet bike. How screwed am I?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

This just makes me wonder if they grabbed their SAM stone and immediately queued MSQDR without learning what any of their buttons did. Were they a fresh 50?

They got the intro cutscene, which suggests they were.

Bruceski posted:

so... you're dunking on the newbie sprout for not knowing what they're doing?

There's not knowing what you're doing, and then there's completely lacking awareness any of the basic cues the game has been spoon-feeding you up until that point. This was definitely a case of the latter. This is Ultima Weapon we're talking about, not Tam-Tara. If it had just been him I wouldn't feel so harshly about it but the healer being just as fresh and actually making their best effort made it much more jarring.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 8, 2023

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I still need the field notes from either Cll/Dalradia or both Lyon duels for my sweet bike. How screwed am I?

I found the lyon duels to be the easiest in both places and that's how I got mine. If you don't want to learn the whole fight you can also just cheese him out with some flare star good luck gamer :cheerdoge:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Also I feel like a lot of these "it's just brown" takes are just... completely ignoring Zadnor? I guess if you never got there then I guess. :shrug:

Supposedly Eureka has something analogous to Bozja's consumables? gently caress if I know, though, I'm still trying to trudge through the second zone, which should be a case study in how all the "oh yeah Eureka is totally chill and just one big happy chat room family" rhetoric is complete BS.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dryzen posted:

I found the lyon duels to be the easiest in both places and that's how I got mine. If you don't want to learn the whole fight you can also just cheese him out with some flare star good luck gamer :cheerdoge:

I'd be all over those things if they were like the Blue Mage arena and I could just jump into one when I was ready to take it on. Unfortunately I get fired up but first there's an hour of trying to get the thing to pop.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Supposedly Eureka has something analogous to Bozja's consumables? gently caress if I know, though, I'm still trying to trudge through the second zone, which should be a case study in how all the "oh yeah Eureka is totally chill and just one big happy chat room family" rhetoric is complete BS.

Eureka 3 and 4 do, yeah. Nothing really gamebreaking that I noticed, but once you get there it's worth figuring out how to get a nice elixir-equivalent to help with farming if you solo.

And a hug for the current struggles, Eureka 1 is some of the chillest folks I've seen in the game and in contrast Eureka 2 seems to be where all the toxic assholes hang out. I don't know if it's the annoying map and dragons, the high value of the rare money drops, or what.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

pagos is filled with poo poo heads because there's somehow at all times someone there still angry that someone pulled cassie "too fast" while they were in a roulette or something

Bruceski posted:

I'd be all over those things if they were like the Blue Mage arena and I could just jump into one when I was ready to take it on. Unfortunately I get fired up but first there's an hour of trying to get the thing to pop.

I feel that it took me like 3 or 4 times to get over the nervousness of just finally getting a chance to do it but it was very worth it in the end imo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dryzen posted:

I feel that it took me like 3 or 4 times to get over the nervousness of just finally getting a chance to do it but it was very worth it in the end imo

Yeah, the ones I've done were a hoot, it's just something I find I have a narrow window of being in the mood for. I pursued those a lot when Bozja was current and keep trying to convince myself to go back since I only need two.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I got my bike without winning a single duel (not for lack of trying), but it definitely took a couple weeks of just running every single Castrum/Dalriada that popped.

You have no idea how many times I've had to drag four people (myself plus exactly three other players, often newbies) through the Dalriada. I still see the Laser Hallway in my dreams.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

guy whose zoned in to anemos ten minutes after pazuzu has spawned and people have gathered "hold! hoooold! why are players in eureka so impatient they can't even hooooooold!!! '

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I went into Eureka for the express purpose of getting the Ozma mount and ended up making dyable Scholar AF gear and the full relic along the way. It was worth it for the mount but boy was it a long rear end grind that I don't ever wanna do again.

Anemos and Hydatos are both super chill for the most part though. Pagos sucks rear end and is a miserable time. Pyros is much less bad but is still way too big a map to have to constantly trek all over.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I remember the first time I finished Pagos, I went into Shout and thanked everyone who had been helping me out, mentioning "I'm glad I don't have to look at any more goddamn snow for a while." Everyone was real friendly in congratulating me on getting out of Pagos.

I know those fuckers were laughing at me behind their monitors. I can't even really blame them either.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Why the heck are they applying hotfixes on a Tuesday night, rather than on Monday night before weekly reset when they usually do patches.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they're gonna add the gravestone of shame to the entrance to omega normal raids that lists the names of all the people who cheated the w1st clear

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Vitamean posted:

they're gonna add the gravestone tomestone of shame to the entrance to omega normal raids that lists the names of all the people who cheated the w1st clear

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

7PM-11PM for me. Guess tonight is EU4 night :sigh:

At least I got to finally finish the Doman restoration after reset last night!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Bozja is great because I got the stupid loving dinosaur mount on my very first run of DR.

Don't you get a dinosaur from eureka?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

T-Rex is from Eureka, Deinonychus is from Dalriada. Deino looks dumb as hell, it owns

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Maintenance is tomorrow, the 8th.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Maintenance is tomorrow, the 8th.

drat you, time zones! :argh: (It's already halfway through the 8th here)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kyrosiris posted:

Also I feel like a lot of these "it's just brown" takes are just... completely ignoring Zadnor? I guess if you never got there then I guess. :shrug:

The thing I found most hilarious about Zadnor is that a very large percentage the enemies on the map are placed in perfect circles for CEs to spawn in the middle.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Martman posted:

T-Rex is from Eureka, Deinonychus is from Dalriada. Deino looks dumb as hell, it owns

After farming every ShB relic I was really happy to learn Deinonychus can be sold on the market board. Quickest I've ever dropped 20 mil on something to never set foot into Bozja content ever again.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So are you not supposed to be able to reach the craftsmanship/control requirements without pentamelding? I would like to upgrade my crafted set to the next one, but even with food I'm still about 400 and 200 short of craftsmanship/control.

Same with the gathering gear, I can't gather the stuff I need to craft the gear because it requires stats I can't reach. Is it really expected that you need to do the pentamelding thing

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm not sure why this PF came off as pretty sinister to me.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
He tries his best. El Stupido is a good son.

Having copied all of the gshade presets into reshade after having only installed it a few days ago, a lot of these sure look identical. Still trying to find a decent one just for gpose screenshots that doesn't absolutely singe my eyes with the colour correction.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I haven't done any more Bozja besides the very early intro, but that incredibly dumb mount makes me want to give it a shot, in the same way that I mostly want to try Eureka for the orb

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

If you're flush with gil it's buyable but now that no one is running Dalriada any more the price is very high

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Macaluso posted:

So are you not supposed to be able to reach the craftsmanship/control requirements without pentamelding? I would like to upgrade my crafted set to the next one, but even with food I'm still about 400 and 200 short of craftsmanship/control.

Same with the gathering gear, I can't gather the stuff I need to craft the gear because it requires stats I can't reach. Is it really expected that you need to do the pentamelding thing

if you're self-sufficient then you need to meld in-between steps to meet the mins for further steps. I think scrips gear can also help close the gap so you might wanna look into that too.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Macaluso posted:

I don't think there's anything current that I can not craft with my double melded scrip gear. I used food and cp tea when making my 6.3 gathering set. I needed about 6000 or so quality from component parts but I could 100% hq those so it was not a problem. I'm at work so I can't give more details but you definitely don't need to pentameld anything at this time.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Macaluso posted:

This guys gotcha. Doesn't need any insane melds at all and it's what I used to craft all my left side indagator's set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s5hKAieWnY

and the gatherers too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJvcblYICjA

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If you're a fan of dorky-looking mounts don't pass up the Direwolf from the Ixal tribal quests. Stills don't do this guy justice, his animations are amazing.

Edit: also if you're looking for vivid GPose shots without using mods the Bright 4 filter might be what you're looking for. It's what I use when I really want things to stand out and look like a painted miniature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
As a fan of dorky-looking mounts, nothing yet tops the Albino Karakul for me.

Look at him.

Gorgeous.

Although I did just get the Goobue from the sylphs, and that's real stupid too.