Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
"Woke mob that can't define what a woman is."

I am horrified this woman is younger than me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Come Shucks, say "woke", I loving dare you.

e: Oh she did. Welp.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Youth Decay posted:

Charlie Crist mopped the floor with deSantis in a debate. Hopefully the rest of the country cares more about that sort of thing than Florida.

loving Andrew Gillum wiped the floor with this clown. That poo poo hasn't mattered in forever. It's whomever cheerleads things that divide us most the loudest wins. Same as always. Just like Pat Buchannan a generation ago, Aunt Lydia is about to declare culture war

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"Americans just want to live their lives in freedom and peace, but every day they're under attack from people who... just want to live their lives in freedom and peace?"

God, she sounds like she's sloshed on a fistful of ambien. At least she hasn't reached for a bottle of water yet.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Yeah, this is nothing but red meat for crazy people. “Forced to worship false idols”, what in the gently caress is that poo poo?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
This education package for Arkansas sounds extremely ominous.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Normal vs crazy

Which side is she claiming to be on again?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Did Biden double down on his "fund the police" crap from last year?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Normal vs crazy

Which side is she claiming to be on again?

Normally crazy? :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What concrete policies are being suggested in this rebuttal?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Ban books and remember that one time Donald Trump went to Iraq for 20 minutes? :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Tears in my eyes

BINGO

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Remember the time trump was ripping babies from their parents and the white house called a press comference and the journalists waiting in the pool had audio of children sobbing and sarah noped out so trump had the cia torture woman walk out and say how good and important this policy is?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Solkanar512 posted:

Yeah, this is nothing but red meat for crazy people. “Forced to worship false idols”, what in the gently caress is that poo poo?

Who would you rather worship?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Did Biden double down on his "fund the police" crap from last year?

He said "let's crack down on fentynal producers", but that was basically it?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Ban books and remember that one time Donald Trump went to Iraq for 20 minutes? :shrug:

was that trump story a paid snippet of Ben Shapiro's next novel?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

aBagorn posted:

was that trump story a paid snippet of Ben Shapiro's next novel?

I listened to the Behind the Bastards Let's Read series on Benny's novel a few weeks ago while over some really slow rear end work days and it's loving hilarious, 1) just how awful of a writer Little Ben is, and 2) how the novel somehow ends with all the stand ins for the people Ben hates in real life... basically winning? :shrug:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
e^ wait how do you have your own fanfic end with your enemies winning? unless its sequel bait??

Silly Burrito posted:

all libs get concrete milkshakes, and then Dark Biden activates the roni vac signal makes us all roided up mlb pitchers that go into a rage state when we see non libs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

e^ wait how do you have your own fanfic end with your enemies winning? unless its sequel bait??

Yeah, it was sequel bait for a sequel that was either never written or that Ben failed to sell anyone on. But basically the book ends with the evil Islamist terrorists having nuked New York, so (Ben's hosed up and monstrous version of) Muslims win, Discount Hillary Clinton becoming President of the United States, so She Who Shall Not Be Named wins, and the CEO of Black Lives Matter becoming Emperor of Detroit and implementing a plan across the United States to defund the police and implement more community-based police reforms so that they'll stop killing black people, so BLM also wins. Basically it's Ben's existential nightmare. Meanwhile all of Ben's protagonists wind up on the run or dead, about to be hunted down by Anime Hillary Clinton and the Chinese.

Oh I guess Ben got to nuke White Obama, so that's kind of a W from his POV, right?

Basically everyone in Ben's book that Ben expects you to relate to is a giant loving loser who gets used as toilet paper for the asses of all the folks Ben wants you to hate who actually wind up winning.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, it was sequel bait for a sequel that was either never written or that Ben failed to sell anyone on. But basically the book ends with the evil Islamist terrorists having nuked New York, so (Ben's hosed up and monstrous version of) Muslims win, Discount Hillary Clinton becoming President of the United States, so She Who Shall Not Be Named wins, and the CEO of Black Lives Matter becoming Emperor of Detroit and implementing a plan across the United States to defund the police and implement more community-based police reforms so that they'll stop killing black people, so BLM also wins. Basically it's Ben's existential nightmare. Meanwhile all of Ben's protagonists wind up on the run or dead, about to be hunted down by Anime Hillary Clinton and the Chinese.

Oh I guess Ben got to nuke White Obama, so that's kind of a W from his POV, right?

Basically everyone in Ben's book that Ben expects you to relate to is a giant loving loser who gets used as toilet paper for the asses of all the folks Ben wants you to hate who actually wind up winning.
Ben Shapiro is a fascist who parrots antismetic rhetoric against Jews that he doesn't like and defends Victor Obran who is literally persecuting Romani. Like he's just a Nazi.

Fascism often relies on a juxtaposition in which its enemies are both subhuman and impossibly strong. The thing about fascist fan fiction is you can either take part in the fantasy where your enemies win, or the other part of the fantasy, but that part of the fantasy where trans people are rounded up, the Gaza Strip is destroyed, and Detroit is turned into a police state is much uglier.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
That SOTU ended on a high note. He was pretty passionate, too.

I liked it. Brandon still has surprises.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Solkanar512 posted:

A reference to performative dogmatism.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, I can't believe Biden ended the speech on "Suck my dick!" and then punched Kevin McCarty right in the mouth.

at last, a good president

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Solkanar512 posted:

i'm not disputing the crazy people element, but it's obviously catering to far-right christians who are horrified by a culture that has changed since they were kids

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

I listened to the Behind the Bastards Let's Read series on Benny's novel a few weeks ago while over some really slow rear end work days and it's loving hilarious, 1) just how awful of a writer Little Ben is, and 2) how the novel somehow ends with all the stand ins for the people Ben hates in real life... basically winning? :shrug:

to cement how much a fraud the Ivy League is, he has a law degree from loving Harvard. Like, how much money does his parents actually have that he got in and graduated from that place and is such a dumb poo poo and can't seem to do anything remotely well.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Biden deserves a mountain of criticism but it's refreshing to see a Democratic president finally drop the whole "Republicans are a valid opposition party that deserves respect" bullshit that has been the hallmark of Democratic politics since the 1970s.

He often treats them like the absolute children they are and I hope to god it's something that sticks. Disdain and anger are the only two valid ways to entreat these psychos.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Biden deserves a mountain of criticism but it's refreshing to see a Democratic president finally drop the whole "Republicans are a valid opposition party that deserves respect" bullshit that has been the hallmark of Democratic politics since the 1970s.

He often treats them like the absolute children they are and I hope to god it's something that sticks. Disdain and anger are the only two valid ways to entreat these psychos.

one of the few upsides of the president being a senator since a dozen and change goddamn years before i was born: he has nothing but contempt for the modern Republican Party

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm liking the stuff about the "junk fees" law, and pondering its chance of passing. On the one hand, Republicans are monsters. On the other hand, Congress critters fly a lot. Thoughts?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Landmark Pa. school funding case decided: The state’s system is unconstitutional
In a 786-page decision, Judge Renee Cohn Jubilerer said that over the course of the more than three-month trial that ended a year ago, the petitioners had demonstrated “manifest deficiencies.”

quote:

Pennsylvania schools don’t have the resources to adequately educate all students, and the gaps between the haves and have-nots render the system unconstitutional, a Commonwealth Court judge ruled Tuesday, delivering a long-awaited decision in a landmark case that could reshape education across the state.

The ruling, which comes nearly a year after the trial concluded, and close to a decade after the lawsuit was first filed by advocacy groups, several parents, and six school districts — including Delaware County’s William Penn — directs lawmakers and the governor’s office to ensure that Pennsylvania’s schools provide all students with an education that meets constitutional standards.

How that might be achieved wasn’t clear Tuesday — and might not be for a while. Judge Renee Cohn Jubelirer didn’t prescribe a specific remedy in her decision, while Republican legislative leaders — who fought the lawsuit and pushed back on proposals by then-Gov. Tom Wolf to inject larger sums of state money into K-12 schools — didn’t immediately comment on whether they would appeal.

But lawyers who brought the case said Jubelirer was clear in her 786-page decision: The system is broken, and more money for schools is needed.

The full article is definitely worth reading.

The full decision is available here:
https://pubintlaw.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/02.07.23-Memorandum-Opinion-Filed-pubintlaw.pdf

If anyone's not been following this suit and the people involved, it's quite the pageant. It has the prospect of overturning property tax-based funding allocation in Pennsylvania.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 8, 2023

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Joe my god Biden absolutely smoked the republicans with that SS and Medicare feint.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

nine-gear crow posted:

The thing about Trump is that he's a dog with a bone though. He will never give up an idea once he latches on it. He started his 2016 campaign with Hillary's Emails, and guess what was the final killshot that did her in at the very end, aside from failing to campaign in the three states that secretly only mattered? But Her Emails.

Trump will say "Ron DeSantis loves partying with drunk high school kids" into every microphone he wanders in front of from now until DeSantis is electorally obliterated or he, DeSantis, or you dies, whatever comes first. He will be Teen Party Ron for the rest of Trump's life.

And it works, because the trick is with the Republican base especially, but a lot of the electorate in general, is that they care about what they're told to care about, and repetition pushes it in. And of course, a compliant media will repeat the message every day til it sinks in. And I mean, that's just plain campaigning in a nutshell. Have a message and MAKE people care about it.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Why do people think Republicans won’t secretly approve of DeSantis being a ephebophile? It’s on brand, and they approved of Trump assaulting women.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Getting Republicans to undercut any push to gut entitlements on live tv is pretty good politics, too bad none of that poo poo really matters.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

Getting Republicans to undercut any push to gut entitlements on live tv is pretty good politics, too bad none of that poo poo really matters.

It matters. An obvious, frothing hatred of other people having stuff is what keeps Republicans at bay in elections when all else fails.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Why do people think Republicans won’t secretly approve of DeSantis being a ephebophile? It’s on brand, and they approved of Trump assaulting women.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Disdain and anger are the reasons why Democrats win anything these days, more of them should realize that.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Name Change posted:

It matters. An obvious, frothing hatred of other people having stuff is what keeps Republicans at bay in elections when all else fails.

Matters in that theyll still try it.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Automata 10 Pack posted:

It depends if anything else is dug up on DeSantis. If Trump unleashes the dogs, it's a lot more likely.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
That was like 20 political years ago in These United States of America.

Today we're proposing rolling back child labor laws and are only steps away from codifying "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed".

This won't stick to DeSantis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Cheesus posted:

That was like 20 political years ago in These United States of America.

Today we're proposing rolling back child labor laws and are only steps away from codifying "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed".

This won't stick to DeSantis.

That poo poo is extra depressing bc age of consent is one of the few areas where the US has actually been better than average. Like two years ago it was a Big Deal that France finally set it at... 15. Hello Mr Polanski.