Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How do you think spray paint works exactly that it would need to be redone repeatedly like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Maybe the hulkster's bronzer had corrosive properties that necessitated further applications of spray paint

Remembering Goldberg getting his whole head spray painted by the nWo and laughing

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

How do you think spray paint works exactly that it would need to be redone repeatedly like that

I guess that's true it's not like it's a dry erase marker

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

As a kid, it always annoyed me that Hogan spray painted the belt NwO instead of nWo. It's simple branding, dummy!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

To him, it was always the New world Organization

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Went to the toy store and talked to the owner, the collection came from some Kevin Nash super fan that passed away last year. Eventually his brother got tired of holding onto the lot and sold all of it. Additional stuff I saw

• An entire stack of never used Nitro Party red cups
• Multiple sealed boxes of Kevin Nash air fresheners (various designs)
• Not only every official Kevin Nash action figure ever made, but multiple high quality custom Nash figures for Hasbro and LJN
• Multiple Kevin Nash action figure prototypes
• Anything you can fathom being signed by Kevin Nash. Newspapers, basketballs, PPV posters for PPVs he wasn't on
• A very embarrassing Big Sexy license plate to go along with the frame above
• Multiple Kevin Nash masks and Halloween costumes
• Kevin Nash clocks, erasers, pencils, keychains, VHS tapes, napkins, party supplies, etc
• Just so much non-toy WCW junk that the owner is just taking offers or planning to offload it for near nothing

Even before talking to the owner, I figured the guy who owned this stuff had to have passed away or had something catastrophic happen. You don't put this much love and time into a Big Sexy collection and get rid of it for no reason.

I bought a huge box of WCW magazines and a set of these 4.5 inch WCW figures I never even knew existed
https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=3449&ssid=4

Tato fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 9, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

As a kid, it always annoyed me that Hogan spray painted the belt NwO instead of nWo. It's simple branding, dummy!

He got it right for the red paint post finger poke.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Tato posted:

Went to the toy store and talked to the owner, the collection came from some Kevin Nash super fan that passed away last year. Eventually his brother got tired of holding onto the lot and sold all of it. Additional stuff I saw

• Not only every official Kevin Nash action figure ever made, but multiple high quality custom Nash figures for Hasbro and LJN
• Anything you can fathom being signed by Kevin Nash. Newspapers, basketballs, PPV posters for PPVs he wasn't on
• Kevin Nash clocks, erasers, pencils, keychains, VHS tapes, napkins, party supplies, etc
• Just so much non-toy WCW junk that the owner is just taking offers or planning to offload it for near nothing

Even before talking to the owner, I figured the guy who owned this stuff had to have passed away or had something catastrophic happen. You don't put this much love and time into a Big Sexy collection and get rid of it for no reason.

I bought a huge box of WCW magazines and a set of these 4.5 inch WCW figures I never even knew existed

lol badass

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Tato posted:

Very... embarrassing? Beyond just being Big Sexy themed?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

As a human who spends way to much time/money collecting a massive amount of crap that will only be a burden to my family when I die, I’ve always thought it was weird when somebody collects a similar amount of crap but dedicated to a single, likely fictional, individual.

Like, I used to post on a board where there was this one guy obsessed with Juggernaut from the X-Men and he had 8 million Juggernaut toys and statues and stuff, all assembled together into one massive shrine. I thought that poo poo was weird as hell and I judged that person in a negative light. I mean yeah, I too have a bunch of X-Men crap but it’s all of the X-Men so obviously that makes it not weird.

Anyway what I’m trying to say is I was wrong and I wish I was friends with the Kevin Nash guy before he died because I find that fascinating.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The Big Sexy Kevin Nash license plate had like, puckered lips on it like someone kissed it with lipstick (along with a wolf). You have to be very big and very sexy to pull it off and I don't measure up

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I heard through a few clickbait things on Facebook that Nash has been in a pretty bad place lately, what with his son and best friend dying. Maybe he could do with knowing about this collection?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Sandman McMahon posted:

As a human who spends way to much time/money collecting a massive amount of crap that will only be a burden to my family when I die, I’ve always thought it was weird when somebody collects a similar amount of crap but dedicated to a single, likely fictional, individual.

Like, I used to post on a board where there was this one guy obsessed with Juggernaut from the X-Men and he had 8 million Juggernaut toys and statues and stuff, all assembled together into one massive shrine. I thought that poo poo was weird as hell and I judged that person in a negative light. I mean yeah, I too have a bunch of X-Men crap but it’s all of the X-Men so obviously that makes it not weird.

Anyway what I’m trying to say is I was wrong and I wish I was friends with the Kevin Nash guy before he died because I find that fascinating.

Juggernaut owns, though. I would have totally raided the yard sale after that guy's funeral.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What were the best Nitros?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Even when the cards weren't good, any Club La Vela episode is great just for the atmosphere.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I heard through a few clickbait things on Facebook that Nash has been in a pretty bad place lately, what with his son and best friend dying. Maybe he could do with knowing about this collection?

"Kevin hey your biggest fans too are dying. the clock hands move only one direction"

hmm I'm not sure

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

What were the best Nitros?

Nitro 100 is by far the best.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

"Kevin hey your biggest fans too are dying. the clock hands move only one direction"

hmm I'm not sure

Lmao, okay yeah, I didn't think that one through.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I don't know exactly how much I'd be willing to pay for a Kevin Nash air freshener but it's not nothing

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I remember the Death of WCW book mentioned WCW begged the company to make a Nash freshener to go with the other wrestlers even though it was in low demand.

Now my brain is reeling knowing there were MULTIPLE Nash fresheners. Which one was unwanted? All of them?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Tato posted:

I remember the Death of WCW book mentioned WCW begged the company to make a Nash freshener to go with the other wrestlers even though it was in low demand.

Now my brain is reeling knowing there were MULTIPLE Nash fresheners. Which one was unwanted? All of them?

I feel like those things were everywhere for years afterwards. I had a Hollywood Hogan one in my car as recently as ... 2013 or 2014.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

There’s a comic store in a small Okanagan town that I’ve gone to every summer vacation for the last 20-something years. The first time I ever went there (so ~1999) they had a set of WCW Matchbox cars for sale, specifically Raven, Glacier and (for a time) Kevin Nash. I don’t know the last time I saw the Kevin Nash car, it was at least ten years ago, but that Raven car and that Glacier car did not move.

For the first ten years or so it was something I ignored, every year I knew they would be there and every year when I went inside, there they were.

About 5 years ago I decided “No, this year is the year. This is the year i buy the Glacier Car and the Raven Car”. What better home could they have? But every year i went in to that store, for some reason, it felt like a challenge. “Well they’re still here this year, maybe they’ll still be here next year?”

So I pushed it. Every year I went into that store and those stupid WCW cars were there it was like a comfort blanket, over the years multiple friends and lovers had come and gone, but every year, no matter what, Glacier and Raven were there.

Until the summer of 2022

Last vacation I walked in that store, a few things had changed or moved around. There were less comics, the back issues were gone, in their place a bunch of board games that I guess people play.

But in that back section, sandwiched in between the old Spawn toys and Star Wars, there was a void.

They were gone

I now, truly, know the meaning of the word regret.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sandman McMahon posted:

There’s a comic store in a small Okanagan town that I’ve gone to every summer vacation for the last 20-something years. The first time I ever went there (so ~1999) they had a set of WCW Matchbox cars for sale, specifically Raven, Glacier and (for a time) Kevin Nash. I don’t know the last time I saw the Kevin Nash car, it was at least ten years ago, but that Raven car and that Glacier car did not move.

For the first ten years or so it was something I ignored, every year I knew they would be there and every year when I went inside, there they were.

About 5 years ago I decided “No, this year is the year. This is the year i buy the Glacier Car and the Raven Car”. What better home could they have? But every year i went in to that store, for some reason, it felt like a challenge. “Well they’re still here this year, maybe they’ll still be here next year?”

So I pushed it. Every year I went into that store and those stupid WCW cars were there it was like a comfort blanket, over the years multiple friends and lovers had come and gone, but every year, no matter what, Glacier and Raven were there.

Until the summer of 2022

Last vacation I walked in that store, a few things had changed or moved around. There were less comics, the back issues were gone, in their place a bunch of board games that I guess people play.

But in that back section, sandwiched in between the old Spawn toys and Star Wars, there was a void.

They were gone

I now, truly, know the meaning of the word regret.

You snooze you lose op
*crashes my raven car into my glacier car with glee*
ya snooze ya lose

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tato posted:

can i access this store online i think a big sexy clock and matching red leather NASH pants will fill a hole in my soul.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Send me this and I’ll pay for it

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Jesus are you trying to push him over the edge?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

You snooze you lose op
*crashes my raven car into my glacier car with glee*
ya snooze ya lose

:argh:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

oldpainless posted:

Send me this and I’ll pay for it

Just search you nearest comic stores' quarter bin and you'll find it.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

forcedstealthlevel posted:

Jesus are you trying to push him over the edge?

It was meant to be an uplifting thing! But I also forgot the guy was dead and also I have no social skills.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Crowd fund buying the Nash collection imo.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It belongs in a museum! A big, sexy museum!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tato posted:

But can any of them do a massive two-handed wank like the WCW action figures I remember from my teen years?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Grendels Dad posted:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Grendels Dad posted:

All museums are big and sexy if you have the right attitude.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

edogawa rando posted:

But can any of them do a massive two-handed wank like the WCW action figures I remember from my teen years?

I distinctly remember having two wanking Big Sexy figures: one you pushed a little stick into his back and the other you clasped his legs together. I wonder if there were any more variants.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

The perfect gift for that special someone on valentine's day, the Big Sexy vibrating action figure

Hell, invite Scott too. The more the merrier.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I like how they're kind of in position to be able to deliver their finisher.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Thigh-high boots Big Sexy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tato posted:

The perfect gift for that special someone on valentine's day, the Big Sexy vibrating action figure

Hell, invite Scott too. The more the merrier.

I wish I understood why they felt those figures needed to vibrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I wish I understood why they felt those figures needed to vibrate

It so you can turn the Outsiders into Insiders :smug: