Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Economic: slaves == money

Political: slaveholders deserve protection

Moral: slavery is OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I'm thinkin' about eating the twisty "Afeltra" Pasta in my sig because Afeltra pasta is really good, but then I'll have to take a new picture.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lego hair syndrome strikes again

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Did she literally heckle him ?

a few times lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Setting foot on a continent, musket in hand, aimed at the locals, "It's okay! I'm not an immigrant, I'm an original settler!"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Animal-Mother posted:

Setting foot on a continent, musket in hand, aimed at the locals, "It's okay! I'm not an immigrant, I'm an original settler!"

Didn't you know? These are called "legacy Americans" now

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

emfive posted:

That stuff is one of the original breeding grounds for anti-vax stuff, dating back to "Mothering" magazine in the 80s and 90s

See also: mumsnet. The home of the most virulent transphobia on the internet

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Mike?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

most of the problems in this country are basically 45+ year old white guys throwing tantrums

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

“I have presents for you!” (the presents are blankets loaded with smallpox)

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

night of the divorced guys

night of the gone wives

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

AxGrap posted:

See also: mumsnet. The home of the most virulent transphobia on the internet

I remember reading an early anti-vax article in Mothering a really long time ago, and it was pretty much what you'd expect: "Why can't we be open to how nature and whole health will protect our children?" and etc, that kind of bullshit, and I remember thinking "gee we tried that for 500,000 years and the way that works is that 70% of your children die".

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Red Baron posted:

night of the gone wives

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

most of the problems in this country are basically 45+ year old white guys throwing tantrums

Don't ignore the privileged white lady please

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Congrats on discovering the internet.

a goon made a t-shirt design in the covid thread and this account began making shirts off of it then started blocking everyone when they were getting called on it, its a bit more than just reposting poo poo you found online with this account

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

it's the generation that grew up on Voltron, He-Man/MOTU, Gi Joe, Transformers and Thundercats. the loving worst generation.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Red Baron posted:

night of the gone wives

lmao drat that's way better, props

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

*whipcrack*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

being an overseer is hard work

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Red Baron posted:

the best and only video game about playing cards anyone needs. there’s a good fan translation rom out there too, it’s good.

Yeah this game is fun as hell

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
What built America was the original European settlers (and their slaves)

Corrected that for ya lol

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

lmao drat that's way better, props

couldn’t have done it without you, teamie!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the admins have found an as of yet un-counterable maneuver of just "doing the thing" and disappearing

yeah they don't even have to address anything lol they should've closed qcs years ago

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

CODChimera posted:

yeah they don't even have to address anything lol they should've closed qcs years ago

it’s really funny that this website, of all of them, had a forum for “concerns” and the default reply wasn’t just telling anyone who posted there to pack their poo poo and get lost, lmao

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

emfive posted:

I remember reading an early anti-vax article in Mothering a really long time ago, and it was pretty much what you'd expect: "Why can't we be open to how nature and whole health will protect our children?" and etc, that kind of bullshit, and I remember thinking "gee we tried that for 500,000 years and the way that works is that 70% of your children die".

I have a friend who is doing a “all natural home birth” and she didn’t think she needed a midwife or a Doula. “our bodies know what to do and have been doing it for thousands of years” women have also been dying in childbirth for thousands of years you idiot

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

lol at the hitler hairdo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Since none of the other Magic goons with whom I post read C-SPAM, this is a safe space for me to admit that I'm looking for any excuse to get out of Magic entirely at this point. I'm finally ready to admit that I don't actually like playing the game, just posting about it. And even that's not really a valuable way of spending my time.

They're supposed to be introducing a new card type in the next couple of sets, if that seems lame that's gonna be my excuse.
I recently quit, it was fun but it's going to poo poo. Too many releases and power creep, I switched to proxies but even then I cbf keeping up with it

Plus all the cards sell for a ton now, get out while it still sells

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

tenderjerk posted:

a goon made a t-shirt design in the covid thread and this account began making shirts off of it then started blocking everyone when they were getting called on it, its a bit more than just reposting poo poo you found online with this account

Ok yeah that's lovely but I don't really pay attention to forums drama' and I thought the tweet was funny :shrug:

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I’m still not over tiktok Hitler from yesterday

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

VideoKid posted:

I have a friend who is doing a “all natural home birth” and she didn’t think she needed a midwife or a Doula. “our bodies know what to do and have been doing it for thousands of years” women have also been dying in childbirth for thousands of years you idiot

One of the reasons that Eleanor of Aquitaine is such an interesting historical figure (one of a whole lot of reasons, to be fair) is that she had a large number of children who didn't immediately die, and she didn't die either. If you have any English people in your ancestry, you are almost 100% certainly a descendant of Eleanor.

Apr 7, 2003

Lots of Hitlers lately. Concerning!

Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

One of the reasons that Eleanor of Aquitaine is such an interesting historical figure (one of a whole lot of reasons, to be fair) is that she had a large number of children who didn't immediately die, and she didn't die either. If you have any English people in your ancestry, you are almost 100% certainly a descendant of Eleanor.

ah, the mother of bad teeth

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

euphronius posted:

I didn't listen, I think she did, just like the white trash senator she is

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Cracking up about Sarah Huckabee's comments on choose between normal or crazy

Crazy is not the word I would use to describe her side

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Hitler 2

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Red Baron posted:

it’s really funny that this website, of all of them, had a forum for “concerns” and the default reply wasn’t just telling anyone who posted there to pack their poo poo and get lost, lmao

qcs 2.0 should just be full of ai accounts telling people to scram bozo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lots of Hitlers lately. Concerning!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

AxGrap posted:

Hitler 2

can't believe Nintendo announced this today during the Direct.. made by the same team that did Splatoon too. looks good either way.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

holtemon posted:

Cracking up about Sarah Huckabee's comments on choose between normal or crazy

Crazy is not the word I would use to describe her side

I personally am cracking up at “as a mom of three kids I’ve learned not to believe everything you hear” then two minutes later “the democrats are making children pledge allegiance to the gay flag and get gender reassignment surgery”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

euphronius posted:

The whole speech was pretty much Question Time. Biden actually held up pretty well, though.