Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

HR won’t do anything about a coworker who’s angry about my weight loss

Should've kept the tumor to beat Aubrey over the head with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

"well, then we can’t stop her from bullying you"

Well, another lawsuit waiting to happen, Her HR sucks.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Cthulu Carl posted:

Should've kept the tumor to beat Aubrey over the head with it.

That poor woman had the equivalence of 2 babies removed, no wonder she looks thinner

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
She should sue her employer and remove a few more

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

deety posted:

One thing I'd be curious about is the amount of chores and night/weekend childcare OP's wife takes care of. Because while he shouldn't have to lie about enjoying their arrangement, he should also be aware that his experience is different than a lot of stay at home spouses assuming that his wife is still pulling her fair share of the household work.
This is a common thing. Like there are certainly stay at home dads that are super committed and proactive, but I've known quite a few that foist much of the actual work on their female relatives and in laws. A guy talking about how EASY it is kind of implies he's not being held to the same standard a stay at home woman would be.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Panfilo posted:

This is a common thing. Like there are certainly stay at home dads that are super committed and proactive, but I've known quite a few that foist much of the actual work on their female relatives and in laws. A guy talking about how EASY it is kind of implies he's not being held to the same standard a stay at home woman would be.

Or he enjoys being a stay at home dad so much more then office work or manual labor that doing all that work isn't a problem for him.

The wife's friend sounds like one of those "back of the line honey, I'm a mom" people who loves bragging about how exhausting and difficult it is and therefore deserves special treatment from society.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Halloween Jack posted:

An employment lawyer would have a field day with this.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here is some fun entitlement:

AITA for filing a police report on my sister after she walked out of my store without paying after I gave her kids haircuts?

quote:

I just got state certification to cut hair and am working at a national franchise chain to get experience to hopefully work somewhere more exclusive. When I was in school I would give my family free haircuts for practice but my sister never took me up on the offer which made last night even more strange. I should add that I have 8 siblings, she and I are the youngest and we never got along growing up.

She texted me and said her kids had some sort of award ceremony for science today and wanted to know if I could cut their hair. I said we were absolutely slammed (wait was over an hour) so just sign in on the app and come in when it told her to. She came in and she was so rude and just hovering over me the whole time almost like she was waiting got me to screw up. I was told there would be customers like this so as much as she was annoying me I just dealt with it.

Finally after I was done with both kids she tried to give me $3 (yes three 1 dollar bills) I asked her what that was for she said it was my tip since the haircuts were free. I told actually the haircuts can’t be free, I’m doing this on store property in a middle of the rush I had to charge her. Without saying a word she grabbed her kids and walked out.

A really nice lady who apparently was watching the whole thing said I needed to call the police. I said she was my sister but she cut me off and said even more so I need to call the police. So I did and they must have been close by because they were there in minutes. They said really there’s not a whole lot that can be done but they said they would take a report and talk to my sister.

They must have gone straight to her house because our family text absolutely blew up with her trying to get people on her side. Almost everyone took her side initially but as I explained myself people turned on her. But I think in the end about 2/3 think that I’m an rear end in a top hat for getting the police involved and I should have handled it in the family.

AITA?
Commenters pointed out that the awful sister didnt just steal from the OP, she stole from the OP's employer, and the OP would very likely have been fired if she hadn't notified the police (especially as a brand-new employee).

Those poor kids, who were so hyped to get a haircut from their aunt and give her a tip, only to have their awful mom turn it all into a shitshow.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

She had 18 pounds removed and went down 12 sizes?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Nebrilos posted:

I assume tumors are a lot more dense than something like fat.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
The tumour was in her abdomen, so the clothes size going down rapidly makes sense. Wouldn't be surprised if she also had a lot of fluid retention while her organs were being crushed. Plus healing from surgery takes a poo poo ton of energy.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Depending on what was going on with the tumor her fluids could have been all out of whack and She also could have been miserable enough during recovery to not eat much.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

olylifter posted:

This isn't from r/relationships (but will probably show up on reddit at some juncture) but it's goddamned hilarious. Some donkey of a lawyer sued this girl he met on a sugar baby website and her family for $226 million. It didn't go that well for him - https://canlii.ca/t/jv8h7. Some excerpts describing his interactions with the girl:

Dude's so toxic they ought to call him Hazmat.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sue the gently caress out of that place.

Noted. Are you going to post again?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Anxious millennial dating content

I (f25) met him (m 30) twice and we talked for hours. Is it ok if I send him a message on social media to initiate a conversation?

quote:

I met him twice in a coffee house. I approached him by asking about the book he was reading, and he seemed very interesting and engaging in the conversation. We talked a lot and found out that we’re originally from the same city (so by then we were familiar with each other’s last name). I really like him and I want to know him more. Should I text him on social media saying something funny about the restaurant he recommended to me? I mean.. what’s the worst case scenario lol. If there’s a slight chance, I don't want to lose it.

EDIT; we didn’t share our social media. I found him from stalking🫠

TL;DR: I met him in a coffee house and we seemed interested in each other. I want to know him better, should I text him on social media asking about sth random?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Private Cumshoe posted:

Noted. Are you going to post again?

Sorry, who are you?

AITA for asking my SIL not to drink at dinner.

quote:

This passed weekend I went to dinner with my husbands family for FIL's birthday. We brought out 2 kids (4 & 7). When we got to dinner my husbands sister immediately ordered a martini. I reminded her that our kids where here and I would applicate it if she didn't drink in front of them my husband and I think it is inappropriate.

My husband and I enjoy a drink every now and again too but we do not drink when are children are present only when we have a night out without them. FIL and MIL respected our wishes and didn't order any drinks even though they would usually order a few bottles of wine. his sister is notorious for getting tipsy at family dinners and we don't want our children seeing that. I pointed out to her that she was the only one at the table who ordered a drink and that it was a little embarrassing that she was the only one who was drinking.

MIL told me to drop it so I did and SIL ended up ordering 2 more martinis and of course was tipsy. The rest of the dinner was awkward because of SIL's drinking and everyone left as soon as the meal was over no dessert or coffee when usually we would stay and mingle over coffee or go back to one of our homes. SIL husband has to drive them home because he was tipsy. My Husband has been quiet and finally this morning as he was getting ready for work he told me he wished I wouldn't have said anything and I was the one who ruined things. I told him it was his sisters drinking that made everyone uncomfortable.

I know she is young and has no kids but I really don't feel a family dinner where kids are in attendance is the place to drink and get tipsy. I don't think not drinking in front of children is too much to ask she can do that at home or when she is with her friends. I'm just trying to be a good mom and look out for my kids.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Huh, I wonder why her sister-in-law felt the need to get tipsy while hanging out with her.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Halloween Jack posted:

I am so glad this was from Ask a Manager because
the reply started with this

quote:

What on earth. Aubrey is obviously batshit bananapants and wildly offensive and out of line — but having one bananapants coworker is less surprising than how much your company’s HR team is dropping the ball.

atomicdream
Oct 4, 2017

shaking my money maker to fund my crippling glamour addiction.

Nebrilos posted:

When I checked into the hospital to have my son, I weighed in at 149.5, which I know doesn't seem like anything crazy, but I normally hover between 105-110. Before we even left the hospital, I had dropped nearly 30lbs. Kid was only 8lb 9oz upon birth, so yeah. There was almost certainly more than just the tumor weight being lost here.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

She says that “all her organs were nearly shut down” and without any additional info I can easily think of two things a huge tumor would affect that would lead to large weight loss when it was removed and organs recovered:

1) portal hypertension from pressure on the liver and/or hepatic portal vein, leading to ascites
2) renal and/or heart failure, leading to massive edema

In both cases it’s closer to water weight than fat, so it could be lost very rapidly.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
So there are tons of recipes for communion bread style wafers but not the wafers themselves

E: wow what a thread to accidentally confess to an impending sacrilege. Truly mysterious ways

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

teen witch posted:

So there are tons of recipes for communion bread style wafers but not the wafers themselves

E: wow what a thread to accidentally confess to an impending sacrilege. Truly mysterious ways

Now, store-bought Christ is fine, but if you want to be authentic you'll really want to transubstantiate it at home

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

teen witch posted:

just cut out 1 inch rounds of thick office paper, that’s the official catholic church recipe

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

teen witch posted:

are you gonna have a wine + cheese party with communion wafers for crackers? 'cuz you should

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
wait are the wafers pre-blessed in box?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Nerdlord Actual posted:

Anxious millennial dating content

I (f25) met him (m 30) twice and we talked for hours. Is it ok if I send him a message on social media to initiate a conversation?

I hate to break it to you, but 25 is squarely a Zoomer. I think Millennials end at 1996 at the latest, but some people call it at 1994?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

captainOrbital posted:

I haven't been to church in a long time but I'm pretty sure they don't become the Body of Christ* until the priest does the Communion ritual.

*Literally transforming into it, per Catholic doctrine

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
do they have to be the wafers? like in a pinch, could you use a pack of saltines or something? i mean as long as you're transforming poo poo

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

teen witch posted:

I wish you'd stop posting our PMs.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Paper Tiger posted:

Now, store-bought Christ is fine, but if you want to be authentic you'll really want to transubstantiate it at home

Don’t you worry, I’ve got plenty of blood

Nae posted:

just cut out 1 inch rounds of thick office paper, that’s the official catholic church recipe

I was raised in Episcopal Church and my diocese got the good poo poo, and wine for the kids.

Foo Diddley posted:

are you gonna have a wine + cheese party with communion wafers for crackers? 'cuz you should

I don’t have wine and cheese parties, I have post-orgy gatherings with charcuterie boards and a small menu of batch ready cocktails with alcohol free alternatives. Do I look like a part of the hoi pilloi to you?

captainOrbital posted:

I think it’s denomination dependent, but I’m down for a double blessing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

teen witch posted:

I think it’s denomination dependent, but I’m down for a double blessing.

Gonna fill you out like a marriage application.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I haven't been to church in a long time but I'm pretty sure they don't become the Body of Christ* until the priest does the Communion ritual.

*Literally transforming into it, per Catholic doctrine

...I'm kinda surprised I only thought of this now, but do they do communion on meatless Fridays?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I was really excited for communion as a child because it meant I got to eat in church.

Asking a girl to prom

quote:

Hey guys,

Although I don’t know this girl much, she seems like a great individual and I would love to take her to prom. I got signals such as her touching my hand (about 5s), her telling me to shut up (she smiles afterward, clearly saying this as a joke), and says that I’m “so annoying” (again, smiles afterward so clearly a joke). First, do you think she is flirting. Second, if I decide to ask her to prom, would this be a good, unique way of asking her,

Hey (insert name), I’ll be going to prom in the next few weeks. I’d be a hopeful man if you were to go with me/beside me.

TLDR: need advice on asking a girl to prom and wondering if the way I do it is too cheesy or unique.

My (21 M) GFs (21 F) friend (19 M) picks her up physically and takes her to places

quote:

My GF “Eve 21 F” is currently on crutches for the time being. For the record she weighs 95 pounds , that’s heavy for me but not for her friend.

It started when we were all out and we wanted to go see a movie and Eve was having a hard time, so her friend said “Eve can I just pick you up and take you inside , cuz our seats are at the back and it’ll be easier if I just take you there”

She said she’s okay with that , after the movie ended, she reached her arms out towards her friend and he took her back downstairs.

I ain’t strong enough to lift 95 pounds , it’s happened on multiple occasions where he’s picking her up and taking her to places and I just have to walk there.

It’s making me uncomfortable because like when he’s picking her up, we’re all obviously talking to each other and when he talks to her she looks right at him and they look like a couple and I don’t like that picture.

What can I do here ?

TL;DR : my GFs friend is picking her up and taking her to places and I don’t like it

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Bruceski posted:

...I'm kinda surprised I only thought of this now, but do they do communion on meatless Fridays?

He probably counts more as a vegetable now since those three days chilling in the cave

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Nancy posted:

My (21 M) GFs (21 F) friend (19 M) picks her up physically and takes her to places

You can just ask the guy for uppies.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Nancy posted:

What can I do here ?
Squats

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Hughlander posted:

There's a whole movement called, "Baby Led Weaning" which can be based around that. One of my favorite pictures of my infant is them with a piece of steak about 4 times the size of their mouth that they're trying to chip away at with their one tooth.

Thanks I had no idea.

hallo spacedog posted:

:rolleyes:
I'm guessing it's not sizzling hot when they give it to the kid. Sucking/gnawing on larger pieces of meat is part of one method of introducing food to your kid (baby lead weaning) and something a lot of people do. I'm guessing that's what she's doing if she's cutting up the tortillas into strips. They're probably fine.

:rolleyes: right back at you. I've never raised a baby and genuinely didn't know.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Life would be easier if young children ate like ducks.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Should you throw bread at your kids? Or does that mess up their eating habits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They should learn how to catch anyway or they'll spend their lives getting hit in the face with keys and poo poo.