Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cubicle gangster posted:

How?

It's not listed with the ps+ titles (although on second look I see evil dead is listed twice...), and searching the store for mafia only results in mafia 2, 3 & sonic mania for some reason.

I just searched Mafia (on the PS App on my phone) and it was the first result. What country are you in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

IcePhoenix posted:

I think this is why the majority of streamers who can make it their actual career are able to do it. Most of the streamers I watch regularly I'm not watching for the gameplay, I'm watching because the streamer themself is entertaining to me.

Yeah I definitely have done this a few times, but it's not my main reason for watching. Alpha Beta Gamer, for example, plays weird indie games I'd never pick up, but does so without any kind of commentary, and I quite like that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

How?

It's not listed with the ps+ titles (although on second look I see evil dead is listed twice...), and searching the store for mafia only results in mafia 2, 3 & sonic mania for some reason.

Maybe it’s not available in your region, they do that some months. You usually get a different game to fill the gap though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Sonic Mafia

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Escobarbarian posted:

I just searched Mafia (on the PS App on my phone) and it was the first result. What country are you in?

US. maybe the web store is just hosed.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I had to hunt for it too, absolutely no thanks to the storefront itself. Here's a direct link to Mafia: Definitive Edition https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-CUSA18097_00-MAFIAONEREMASTER

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They really don't want people buying the essential ps+, cause I can't even find the free games on their site. Presumably it's buried in some menu, but for a paid service, this should really be more obvious.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

The web store is always hosed, Sony has a terrible store front in general. It is pure garbage.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
You go to the ps+ icon thats permantly on the menu next to the store icon and hit monthly games and they are there and you add them

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Looks like some people are experiencing issues with the Mafia PS+ release because of a weird licensing issue: https://www.truetrophies.com/n22844/psn-licencing-issues-ps-plus.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Watching a playthrough of Dead Space 3 and I had forgotten how sad Isaac was at the beginning

"People want things they can fix and I'm permanently broken" :emo:

And now it's a cover shooter versus humans

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol how long have they been doing console versions of Football Manager?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

They may have fixed it since your post because it came for me right away, albeit in the Canadian store. This link should bring you to the correct US store page.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-CUSA18097_00-MAFIAONEREMASTER

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
There's been a few times when I've typed a name in exactly and even in all caps if needed and not got a match. I usually end up searching for the psn link on google.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I don't think I've ever searched for a game in any of the console's storefronts. It's always

<game name> <psn/eshop>

in google

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

haveblue posted:

And now it's a cover shooter versus humans

lol wait, really. i heard it was bad but lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol wait, really. i heard it was bad but lol

That part only lasts a few minutes, then someone literally pushes the unleash the necromorphs button and it’s back to normal

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I finished Hi-Fi Rush yesterday. Very good game, shame it's locked to Game Pass

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Never played a Final Fantasy game (not joking), Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS4) is 23€ on Amazon. How is it? Can someone new to the series jump in?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guillermus posted:

Never played a Final Fantasy game (not joking), Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS4) is 23€ on Amazon. How is it? Can someone new to the series jump in?

Stranger of Paradise is a weird one, but the short answer is yes.

The long answer is that it's a weird bizarro version of FF1's plot and all the areas you explore are areas from different FF games, 1 through 15. None of that matters, though, it's just visual references. It plays a lot like like a Souls game, honestly (though there's no corpse runs), which is because it's made by the Nioh developer.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Guillermus posted:

It’s not a traditional final fantasy game it’s a loot brawler thing. It’s a lot of fun but not what anyone would consider “final fantasy” other than having the name in the title.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Arist posted:

I finished Hi-Fi Rush yesterday. Very good game, shame it's locked to Game Pass

Fortunately you can also play it on Steam at relatively mild minimum requirements for the low low price of only $30!!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Guillermus posted:

if anything it’s great for a newcomer because its influences are mainly aesthetic

you will learn to fear the tiny green penguin people

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Vikar Jerome posted:

You go to the ps+ icon thats permantly on the menu next to the store icon and hit monthly games and they are there and you add them

That’s crazy talk. Going into the ps+ menu and adding the plainly listed games to your library is nuts, I’m going to Google around until I find an oblique link to the game and claim it’s someone else’s fault.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kind of a souls game and loot brawler sold me enough. Ordering it now, thanks!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Guillermus posted:

id say play ff7 remake, if it’s also cheap, it’s my favorite, but I also didn’t like stranger of paradise and it’s a lot different than the main final fantasy games.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

imhotep posted:

id say play ff7 remake, if it’s also cheap, it’s my favorite, but I also didn’t like stranger of paradise and it’s a lot different than the main final fantasy games.

The ff7 remake is exceptional. It grabs the music, story, just about everything great in the bones of the original and gives it an interesting, engaging battle system and enough changes that you can play both and have them both be wonderful unique experiences.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
For people up thread who were attempting to search on the playstation.com search for Mafia. You have to change the drop down to "PlayStation Store" to search for games.

For some reason the site defaults to searching "Playstation.com" instead of "PlayStation Store" and you get different results from each. Change it to the non-default and it works better.

Edit: alternatively I guess you can just go to store.playstation.com instead of default playstation.com and then you get the store search.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I just use the phone app and click on the plus symbol and the games are right there to add

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

if you have a switch, please buy ghost trick, thank you

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist posted:

if you have a switch, please buy ghost trick, thank you

oh poo poo it's on PS4 never mind, buy it on whatever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

stranger of paradise is a decent brawler, my only big complaint with it is that the dlc takes some grinding to get ready for but obvs thats only a problem if you buy the dlc

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was about ready to put the game down by the time it ended so yeah, you might not even want to play more

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll buy Ghost Trick again but I wish it was a new game....

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

metroid prime remaster lol.

another correct leak ticked :smuggo:

wont be long before the rebecca chambers resi rev3 game drops...

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was excited about the gameboy stuff and then I remembered I have a steam deck so I can already do all that but better

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I beat Dead Space Remake. It was my first Dead Space experience.

Overall, pretty good. I found the mid game most enjoyable because that was past the point where every encounter was a scripted pincers attack in a hallway and before they tried to extend the game with constant gauntlet rooms.

Things I didn't like was the obvious enemy trigger that would happen every time I plugged a power source into the wall, and the endless battle arenas near the end.

But doesn't every survival horror type game descend into battle arena mode near the end? It's a flaw of the genre.

Overall 80% of the chapters are mid game fun. Good game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Arist posted:

oh poo poo it's on PS4 never mind, buy it on whatever

Oh drat thanks for the heads up.

I actually sold my ds copy because I heard the rumors that it was coming and lol I made the smart move.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I messed around with the System Shock remake's PC demo long enough to report that the demo isn't on consoles because controller support is like half implemented. You can use a gamepad to play but all the prompts are for MKB, the controller config menu doesn't work, navigating menus is way awkward, and I can't figure out how to open emails I've collected, which is blocking me from finding a door code and progressing.

It has an interesting style to it though. It looks really good to my eye, but it's not trying to look like it was made in 2023. Environments are blocky and austere like a DOOM wad, which is fitting for a space station. Textures are noticeably low res when you get up close, but they're really well designed such that they look more like high-res pixel art than low-res textures. All the blinkenlight display textures are well animated and pretty. The lighting looks good like you'd expect from a modern game. It's a very different style from Prodeus, but seems to have a similar goal in coherently blending classic and modern visuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49S75Lh51YM