Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Araxxor posted:

Oh hey there's the EO3 remake. :v:
it's still horrendous bullshit that we never got untold 3 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21_pE4e-1oU

By the way it's also getting a PC port, on Steam.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Araxxor posted:

Aw poo poo, it's gonna get cracked and modded to hell, isn't it :getin:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Kind of surprised they don’t seem to be including any Untold stuff. Maybe they thought it’d be weird to release that for the first two games when 3 doesn’t have it

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/etrian-odyssey-origins-collection-switch/

80 dollars
atlus tax

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmfao

theshim
May 1, 2012

I'm gonna buy it anyway

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

On the one hand I want to buy this so it encourages them to make EO6.

On the other hand, 80 loving dollars.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe in a steam sale idk

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I might be tempted to buy a physical copy for $80, but not digital.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I am wondering how much of this is going to be faithful to the original mechanics wise. EO1 and 2 were developed by Lancarse, and do they even have the source code for that?

They're redoing the localization so I wonder how much is changing. I don't expect huge stuff, seems like the map design is the same. At worst some mechanical oddities may get introduced.

lol okay excitement plummeted.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

theshim posted:

it's still horrendous bullshit that we never got untold 3 :(

No don't touch it they'll ruin it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They'll be sold separately so maybe I'll just pick up 2 and 3

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the individual games are also 40 dollars if you thought you could get away with buying just eo3

what on earth

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

80 bucks isnt that much money....you can also buy them all seperately....

edit: wait endorph what

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Endorph posted:

the individual games are also 40 dollars if you thought you could get away with buying just eo3

what on earth

:oh:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

on one hand I'm really glad Etrian Odyssey is somewhat alive and got a mention/remake, on the other hand I did not enjoy the older ones and was more of a 4/5 person. I hope they're making EO6.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Fix the immunize bug that was lame

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Araxxor posted:

gently caress yes this is great for the steam deck.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Dpulex posted:

Fix the immunize bug that was lame

That wasn't a bug. The skill was just outright overtuned. Back then sometimes the series meant elements as all damage types, not just Fire, Ice, and Volt.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Endorph posted:

what on earth

Okay that's nonsensical. $40 per game is bad.

Anyway, things that have been noticed from the JP trailer:

• Free portrait selection appears to have been backported from EON, i.e. selecting portrait regardless of class
  • Skill trees are identical to the original DS games, no word on if any changes have been made
  • There's a shot of a Hexer in Primitive Jungle, way before you unlocked it in the DS version; limits on unlockable classes may have been removed
  • Some enemy and skill names have been changed in the EN versions, probably to fix wonky localizations that were the result of space limitations
  • Online play for EO3 sea quests

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
poo poo wrong thread

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rea posted:

There's a shot of a Hexer in Primitive Jungle, way before you unlocked it in the DS version; limits on unlockable classes may have been removed

I liked how Untold Classic let you start with Ronin and Hexer if you wanted to, which was really good, so I hope that's the case. I also hope that they update other aspects of the games' designs because if not I'd rather just play Untold and Untold 2 again. 3 is still a little warty but I don't find it intolerable.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/29538/Etrian_Odyssey_Origins_Collection/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1868180/Etrian_Odyssey_HD/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1868170/Etrian_Odyssey_II_HD/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1810820/Etrian_Odyssey_III_HD/
they all have denuvo cause SEGA :thumbsup:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

While frustrating my love for EO trumps it.

Sucks I have to wait till June though

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Sega couldn't let me get too excited, I guess. gently caress's sake.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

I liked how Untold Classic let you start with Ronin and Hexer if you wanted to, which was really good, so I hope that's the case. I also hope that they update other aspects of the games' designs because if not I'd rather just play Untold and Untold 2 again. 3 is still a little warty but I don't find it intolerable.

Looks like for EO3 Yggdroid and Shogun are still locked. So this is either something exclusive to EO1 (and maybe 2) or the trailer was just screwing around with builds that aren't possible.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The games really should be $30 each at most, but unfortunately like the person above my Love for EO trumps the cost.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Stat wise the sea quest NPCs seem to have parity with the DS incarnations of them from what I could gleam from the trailers. I doubt there's any rebalancing happening. Chances are if there's mechanical changes, it'll be due to porting mistakes and whatnot.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

The games really should be $30 each at most, but unfortunately like the person above my Love for EO trumps the cost.

They really should be, but honestly if no changes are made to 1 or 2 everyone really only needs to buy 3.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah if there are no changes to them I am only buying 3 and that's only because Napier is forcing me to

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
$110 CAD for all three is steep, but on the other hand Persona character skins as DLC.

3 ruled though. Prob my favourite next to 4.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

$110 CAD for all three is steep, but on the other hand Persona character skins as DLC.

3 ruled though. Prob my favourite next to 4.

Persona character skins you can only use in one game for each duo.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Checking the JP site, looks like they also backported the 3DS party buff/debuff view and in-battle monster info to the remasters.

They also added the ability to run in dungeons, ala EOU and later games.

Rea fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 9, 2023

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Run speed is also being added in, as well as multiple save files.

According to the Japanese website, Expert is the original difficulty of the DS games.

Rea posted:

Checking the JP site, looks like they also backported the 3DS party buff/debuff view and in-battle monster info to the remasters.

Okay that enemy's stats match up with the DS version's data. So yeah between that and Troubadour still having infinite duration buffs, I'm pretty sure rebalancing isn't happening. At best they'll bugfix some game crashes and stuff.

The other issue with rebalancing skills is that more of the game would have to be rebalanced, which is probably not something they're willing to do. For example, if Immunize in EO1 gets nerfed, you just made Primevil much much harder to actually beat, and that superboss is already a pile of horseshit.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Meeko posted:

Persona character skins you can only use in one game for each duo.

Bad value cosmetic DLC is the only kind I'm interested in.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I would have been more excited by a new game announcement, but coming to Steam and HD EO3 are both very good things. The price is rear end but I'm gonna get the 3-pack anyways so they have gotten away with it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This feels like a misstep to me, I don't really think remasters of 1, 2, and 3 are gonna do much to bring in a new audience to the series, and I certainly don't have any interest in this collection.

E: Jesus especially at 80 dollars, no thanks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

these feel like a low effort way to test out a console ui, i doubt they expect it to bring in a new audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Mother
loving
ETRIAN ODYSSEY

The price points loving suck, so the strategy for if you want to buy these is buy all three, or only buy EO3. Pretty excited to see how much they'll change, they might even fix some backend stuff by accident, even if they're keeping things the same, just because of how much of a mess the first two games are. Still, EO2 is a fine enough game to play, bit unbalanced, but still a good EO experience if you're curious. EO1 is a lot rougher to get into, I wouldn't call it bad, but the game is pretty rude to you, loves to waste your time, and can be loving irritating at times. Only get it if you're really curious, but you're not missing out.

But goddamn, a "new" Etrian Odyssey game. It's only been 4 years since Nexus, but goddamn.