Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

As you get later in the game the main benefit of interlink is tanking. Taion/Eunie can deal some damage with the skill that boosts damage based on number of buffs applied, but that's mainly important in an ourobouros order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Interlink also shares buffs between the two characters when they unlink. This applies to all buffs (or did when I last played a few months back) and yes, those can then be shared to the party by a signifier.

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Interlink also shares buffs between the two characters when they unlink. This applies to all buffs (or did when I last played a few months back) and yes, those can then be shared to the party by a signifier.

this is how you can get a combination of signifer noah and troubadour mio to just infinitely pass and extend invincibility to the whole party :ssh:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just started XBC3 last night. Wow, they went real hard on the "2 weeks until retirement" trope, didn't they? lol

Enjoying it, so far. This is my first Xeno game despite owning all three Xenosaga games and never touching them. :v:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the guy who's two weeks from retirement, wasn't in any of the party trailers, and you can't edit his inventory, will definitely be fine, op

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I think there's no less than 4 concurrent guys-two-weeks-before-retirement in the first chapter alone. It's extremely funny and, I choose to believe, deliberate

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's specifically a whole plot point that Moebius kill your whole colony two weeks before retirement, when you hit gold

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So I finally finished this over the weekend, love that yet another XC game includes a cooking contest. Now I'm going to be disappointed if the next Monolithsoft game doesn't include one.

If and when they do release a soundtrack, Chain Attack better be 20 minutes long. Best battle music since Future Connected's disco flute.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

AlternateNu posted:

I just started XBC3 last night. Wow, they went real hard on the "2 weeks until retirement" trope, didn't they? lol

Enjoying it, so far. This is my first Xeno game despite owning all three Xenosaga games and never touching them. :v:

I don't know what you're talking about. After all, one of his passive skills is "I'll Survive."

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Jet Jaguar posted:

So I finally finished this over the weekend, love that yet another XC game includes a cooking contest. Now I'm going to be disappointed if the next Monolithsoft game doesn't include one.

If and when they do release a soundtrack, Chain Attack better be 20 minutes long. Best battle music since Future Connected's disco flute.

Strange way to spell You Will Know Our Names (Finale).
Not that Chain Attack isn't YIPPEE.

Is this the disco flute? Because good news, there's a remix in 3's postgame.

just go recruit Melia in Keves castle and it'll replace the standard battle theme when she's in the party

Nia gets a Drifting Soul remix. Yeah, that song got remixed into a battle theme. It somehow works.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
HOLY poo poo

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
If that roguelike mode is standalone I'm gonna play it a whole lot

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
THIS JUST RAISES MORE QUESTIONS!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Well I guess Xenoblade 3 can get a decent epilogue when it gets remastered in 10 years

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

Well I guess Xenoblade 3 can get a decent epilogue when it gets remastered in 10 years
it has a good ending, op. the ending is good. it doesnt need an epilogue.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What just happened?

(I assume the Nintendo Direct happened, details?)

E: I'd love a postgame dlc where it's the second try at making Aionos so Mio and Noah can date, the gang can scream at Eunie to stop tormenting poor Taion and ask him out seriously guy has the romance instincts of mold he won't get anything but a direct declaration, and Lanz and Sena can start a joint gym.
But the epilogue was good.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 8, 2023

Belan
May 7, 2007
Sexy Rex(?)

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

https://youtu.be/kfReF0YWQe8

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Endorph posted:

it has a good ending, op. the ending is good. it doesnt need an epilogue.

I just really do not care about the casts of Xenoblade 1, 2 or the founders.

Omobono posted:

What just happened?

E: I'd love a postgame dlc where it's the second try at making Aionos so Mio and Noah can date, the gang can scream at Eunie to stop tormenting poor Taion and ask him out, Lanz and Sena can start a joint gym.
But the epilogue was good.

The 4th DLC looks like a prequel about Rex and Shulk teaming up to fight Alvis lol

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Omobono posted:

What just happened?

After showing off the Wave 3 DLC. They showed a teaser of Wave 4 where an adult Shulk and Rex conflict an apparently villainous Alvis (our absent Consul A?). Someone else is shown too. One of the City founders I think.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
So I guess the story DLC is neither thing that people were expecting except for what I presume is Alvis as Consul A? I think this is going to be pretty disappointing unless they really knock it out of the park.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I doubt (hope) it's actually Alvis. Wouldn't match his characterization in 1.

Lol at middle aged* Rex dual wielding Pyra and Mytra ('s swords). He should have done a One Piece and trio wielded Nia too.
*By jRPG standards

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

if it's the same VA as og alvis i'll eat that poo poo up

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

So I guess the story DLC is neither thing that people were expecting except for what I presume is Alvis as Consul A? I think this is going to be pretty disappointing unless they really knock it out of the park.

Wasn't this the other big prediction people had if not an epilogue thing?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wasn't this the other big prediction people had if not an epilogue thing?

I guess I expected there to be more people involved if they're doing the Founders story. And if so I'm still disappointed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The less returning XB1/2 characters the better imo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well I have bad news for you

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There's also a roguelike fight mode where you choose one of the core 6, fight dudes, and as you go along you add randomly selected Heroes to your team.

Honestly, the idea to play around with more than one Hero in Chain Attacks is very intriguing and fun. Teach and Fiona passing each other TP bonuses already has me drooling at the mouth.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Puberty hit my boy so hard holy poo poo

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

susan b buffering posted:

if it's the same VA as og alvis i'll eat that poo poo up

Aymeric, why are you trying to kill me, I thought we were bros? :(

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Manoueverable posted:

I guess I expected there to be more people involved if they're doing the Founders story. And if so I'm still disappointed.

The basic gist was that Vandham goes on an adventure to gather a party and take back the city, so this is probably whatever happens at the beginning.

The stuff they show in the trailer doesn't fit at all with the Founders story but Xenoblade 2 exists so who knows.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

QuantaStarFire posted:

Aymeric, why are you trying to kill me, I thought we were bros? :(

he just wants to take us to dinner, it's a big misunderstanding

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

turn off the TV posted:

The basic gist was that Vandham goes on an adventure to gather a party and take back the city, so this is probably whatever happens at the beginning.

The stuff they show in the trailer doesn't fit at all with the Founders story but Xenoblade 2 exists so who knows.

Since people have speculated that both Consul A may represent Aionios itself and Alvis is Ontos it wouldn't surprise me if what they showed is (speculation) Alvis/Ontos pulling party members from 1 and 2 into Aionios in the first place.

I just...really wanted to see Mio drag her siblings on an adventure to find Noah :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i only care about mio

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I have bad news for you

I think its just going to be the 3. Guess more coulda shown up in the trailer and I missed it though

E: I guess 5 actually. Shouldn't forget the swords.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think its just going to be the 3. Guess more coulda shown up in the trailer and I missed it though

E: I guess 5 actually. Shouldn't forget the swords.

It would be kind of weird to market it as a call back thing but only call back a little bit

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

XB3 was marketed at points as like "the worlds of XB1 and XB2 collide!" and it was pretty light on returning characters. So I don't think it'd be that surprising.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well yes but it didn’t star the literal protagonists of the first two

Hell I wouldn’t doubt this doesn’t actually have many Xenoblade 3 characters. At least directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

I remember Takahashi saying that 3 would wrap up the story trilogy that started with Shulk. Seems that's where this is headed. Alvis' whereabouts after the first game is an obvious thing to work with too.

Apparently a minority opinion here but I really liked XB1's cast and interested to see where DLC4 goes. I'm intrigued by middle aged Rex, kinda lol that he looks like he stepped out of a nu-metal video.

Months after finishing XB3 I feel less and less like I really need an epilogue to wrap that story. But if Shulk and Rex are teaming up then the ending of 3 will be addressed too, I imagine.