Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hornet will be brutally killed by this character in the first couple of hours of the game and you'll have to spend the next 30 hours playing as them until you grow to empathise with and come to an understanding of how they got to the point of doing what they did.

This will all take place in the worlds first open-world 2D platformer, with a map three times the size of Assassin's Creed Oddessy.

There's a desert level that's just one flat platform that takes an hour and forty three minutes real-time to cross at standard walking speed. You can equip the charm that enables you to rush, but it turns out that means you can't equip the one that makes fighting the enemies there convenient so it actually ends up taking longer. This is touted as the most realistic depiction of travelling across a desert ever portrayed in a 2d metroidvania and earns the game accolades across the board.

Disgruntled fans of the original game are cast aside as haters and accused, on twitter, of being against cake. Team cherry release a day one DLC that costs two thirds the price of the game that enables you to equip the rush charm for no slots. If said no-slot charm is activated, however, it is placed on an irl one-day cooldown timer for game balance.

An internet connection is required to play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Best fuckin snype ever Jesus I've outdone myself

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

What's the opposite of bapanada? What do we post when something actually happens? What's the protocol?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
adanapab

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Balache404 posted:

What's the opposite of bapanada? What do we post when something actually happens? What's the protocol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbBy03CWSsU

0:42

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Balache404 posted:

What's the opposite of bapanada?

GARAMA! SHAW! HEGALË! EDINO!

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

No Dignity posted:

Silksong will come out in 2026, be 70 hours long and utterly unplayable due to its absurdly ballooned scope

it will be released in early access as a battle royale which becomes so popular the devs never finish the single player game

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:

Balache404 posted:

BA HUNDAAAAAAA!

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I’m a hardcore Hollow Knight fan, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Hallownest where I would often train with Quirrel by the Blue Lake and help Hornet with her hunting, but one day as I was talking to Hornet, we went to my apartment in the City of Tears for a private talk. She immediately said, “You know you could live with us forever..” I gave her a confused look and she continued, “We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here”. I then said “How..How did you know?” She then giggled and said “Because we’ve been watching you, silly!”

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, “I talked with the Pale King and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for knighthood, you just have to do…one thing”. She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said “…You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly.” I then gave her some questions, “How long do I have before the deal expires?” She then said “The King said 3 months..” I added by saying “What’s the most painless way?…” She giggled again, “Suicide will require pain buuut…if you want it quick…Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, “I know this will be tough but once it’s over and done, you’ll get to live here!” I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn’t doing so grand.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Ceyton posted:

I’m a hardcore Hollow Knight fan, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Hallownest where I would often train with Quirrel by the Blue Lake and help Hornet with her hunting, but one day as I was talking to Hornet, we went to my apartment in the City of Tears for a private talk. She immediately said, “You know you could live with us forever..” I gave her a confused look and she continued, “We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here”. I then said “How..How did you know?” She then giggled and said “Because we’ve been watching you, silly!”

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, “I talked with the Pale King and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for knighthood, you just have to do…one thing”. She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said “…You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly.” I then gave her some questions, “How long do I have before the deal expires?” She then said “The King said 3 months..” I added by saying “What’s the most painless way?…” She giggled again, “Suicide will require pain buuut…if you want it quick…Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, “I know this will be tough but once it’s over and done, you’ll get to live here!” I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn’t doing so grand.

What did her feet look like?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

don't do it, that wasn't the real hornet it was nosk in disguise

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
what did nosks feet look like

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
In honor of bapanada I loaded up a fresh file and played through to the first Hornet fight. Like a comfy sweater.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Shoehead posted:

What a shitshoe

you would know, wouldnt you, shoe head!!!!!!!!!!

Nikumatic posted:

what did nosks feet look like

to die for

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ColdPie posted:

Bapanada

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

team cherry are slackin

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

team cherry are slackin

It’s hard to be in Australia

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Silksong news? Bapanada

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dream nail? DMT nail more like

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

SkeletonHero posted:

BA HUNDAAAAAAA!

:argh: f,b

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

No Dignity posted:

Silksong will come out in 2026, be 70 hours long and utterly unplayable due to its absurdly ballooned scope

Always bet on Hornet.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

if you set your consoles date to bapanada you can play it now

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
yeah I did that but the game was full of bugs

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hornet's not even a hornet, these devs are a bunch of clowns

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/DailySilksong/status/1623646645299646472

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

in all seriousness, I love to get hyped about nintendo directs but microsoft must have paid Team Cherry a shitload of money for it to be a day 1 gamepass release. it's always been basically a joke to think the release would get announced by nintendo

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:killing:
They actually paid me to announce the release date, I just keep forgetting to. Sorry!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

my uncle at razer told me it's going to be an ouya 2 launch title

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

ouya deez

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They've delayed it to work on the promised Vita port of the original Hollow Knight

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Understandable

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

repiv posted:

my uncle at razer told me it's going to be an ouya 2 launch title

Ouya! Peggy hill!

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Happy fourth birthday to this thread and the first official Silksong announcement :toot:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

here's to many more years of it not coming out

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Another year, another inability to date Hornet

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Alxprit posted:

Another year, another inability to date Hornet

She’d just tell you to git gud if you tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hornet is my friend.