Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cuttlefush posted:

the information can't move faster than light gotcha. you hate to see it.

there a bunch of weirder cases of non-information moving faster than light though. motherfuckin phase velocities

tbh I can move information faster than light but it's really really hard and I don't like doing it unless I need to and I need the next day off paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Information isn't real sorry

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
well I’m moving something and it's super difficult

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

you hate to see it.

Good news about that.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lostconfused posted:

Good news about that.

eyyyy

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/apmassaro3/status/1623114734336704514

lmao imo i prefer tanks that don't get penetrated frontally by rpgs and autocannons

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
that’s a really small tank

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Danann posted:

lmao imo i prefer tanks that don't get penetrated frontally by rpgs and autocannons

Ukraine is getting its tanks!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Not even letting him touch the model, so sad.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lol at thinking 178 is a lot

mlmp08 posted:

It's scaled to reznikov

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Ukraine getting 1:78 tanks

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

Lol at thinking 178 is a lot

It's what... 20% of what Ukraine had in total pre war and pre all the other tanks and things it was already given and also lost? About 2 months supply of tanks, I think.

I hope those EU paypigs are ready to hand over the rest of their tanks in due course. We'll asset strip them all down to bicycle brigades before 2024, which is still more than they deserve.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Danann posted:

Is this a tank for ANTS?!

mlmp08 posted:

Saves on the cost of paint.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Danann posted:

pretty sure the leopard 2 and export m1/m1a2 have similar frontal RHA values for practical purposes. if they are close enough that they are getting shot at with 30/40mm apfsds or rpg-7s there are a million ways they have hosed up and both might have parts like the turret ring, cupola, etc that can get penetrated frontally. although again, if they're that close to people who can shoot back with those weapons they have hosed up to the extent where the couple hundred mm of RHA equivalence differences between them does not matter

and if they are farther away they're both vulnerable from the front/top to atgms and everything else

i think ff shared a bunch of stuff on this already and in a clearer, more credible way but the way tanks are used matter way more than their individual characteristics or matchups

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Cuttlefush posted:

pretty sure the leopard 2 and export m1/m1a2 have similar frontal RHA values for practical purposes. if they are close enough that they are getting shot at with 30/40mm apfsds or rpg-7s there are a million ways they have hosed up and both might have parts like the turret ring, cupola, etc that can get penetrated frontally. although again, if they're that close to people who can shoot back with those weapons they have hosed up to the extent where the couple hundred mm of RHA equivalence differences between them does not matter

and if they are farther away they're both vulnerable from the front/top to atgms and everything else

i think ff shared a bunch of stuff on this already and in a clearer, more credible way but the way tanks are used matter way more than their individual characteristics or matchups

Article is referring to the Leopard 1s, not the Leopard 2s.

edit:

quote:

Berlin announced on Tuesday that Germany, the Netherlands and Denmark would supply Ukraine with up to 178 older-generation Leopard 1 tanks to help Kyiv defend itself against Russian aggression.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Danann posted:

Article is referring to the Leopard 1s, not the Leopard 2s.

lmao oh. the article said leopard 1 but the model/caption was

lol nevermind

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mlmp08 posted:

I think Pistorius is doing that tourist picture thing where he stands much closer to the camera and Ukraine has unleashed a more powerful Ogre than that other Ogre politician.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, a Leopard 1 is about as well protected as a AMX-30 and L7 doesn't seem to have a reliable source of HE ammo.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08 posted:

Your did it !

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

mlmp08 posted:

holy poo poo you actually made a good post

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Horizon Burning posted:

holy poo poo you actually made a good post

yeah i lol'd

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
did france ever send over any of their panhards? those would be more useful than the leopards considering that france actually makes ammo for them. probably better armored too.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it’s a legitimate military target

Norway and Russia aren't at war, at least yet. It would probably be good to keep it that way.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

war is a gently caress! never do more and only do less

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This rear end in a top hat is running his country into the ground, but you've got to respect showing up like a slob in sweatshirt to meet some dumb king.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

those shoes good god

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Nice posture bozo

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

This rear end in a top hat is running his country into the ground, but you've got to respect showing up like a slob in sweatshirt to meet some dumb king.

I call this one missed opportunities

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Meeting the king hmm what outfit should I wear. ..

Brown.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

speng31b
May 8, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

Meeting the king hmm what outfit should I wear. ..

Brown.

if you are constantly making GBS threads yourself

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

euphronius posted:

those shoes good god

He may have tracked some mud into the palace.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

those shoes good god

Crumpled business trousers that are too long worn over army boots that don't have a scuff on them.

Are we sure that isn't someone's Nephew who just got home from an unemployment office interview?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ardennes posted:

He may have tracked some mud into the palace.

Is Piers Morgan going to deliver a hateful monologue about this breach of royal protocol like he did with Meghan Markle???

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is Piers Morgan going to deliver a hateful monologue about this breach of royal protocol like he did with Meghan Markle???

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

euphronius posted:

those shoes good god

whats wrong with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they are hiking boots or whatever