Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

mdemone posted:

Buy an SD card old man

Going full digital is the best gaming decision I ever made

I have a 1tb SD card, lol

I like the physical switch games cause they're tiny and I can also resell them in 20 years when we're bartering for clean water and toilet paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

So it looks like Retro themselves is behind the remaster. Gives me hope for 4, they can still nail the art style

yeah unless I'm missing something it's just Retro that's credited for the Remaster. they're still the masters of getting the best possible graphics and performance out of Nintendo's consoles.
I guess this kinda serves as a tech demo for Prime 4 then, huh

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I have a 1tb SD card, lol

I like the physical switch games cause they're tiny and I can also resell them in 20 years when we're bartering for clean water and toilet paper

So you have the means to solve your own problem, and yet you do not do so.

Also you're never going to sell them shits

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ain’t nobody talking about the real upcoming GOTY.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

They should hold off on releasing the next Zelda another year so they have something to show at directs, yikes!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How do you change colours in game boy?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

mdemone posted:

So you have the means to solve your own problem, and yet you do not do so.

Also you're never going to sell them shits

Up until this past summer I would agree with you but I unloaded a bunch of n64 through wiiu games and systems for a decent amount so I sometimes surprise myself.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Vintersorg posted:

How do you change colours in game boy?

Settings on the game select screen

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hatty posted:

So it looks like Retro themselves are behind the remaster. Gives me hope for 4, they can still nail the art style

I was hoping it might be like a test run or like part of the process of them getting up to speed or something. Awesome.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Glad to see Fantasy Life getting the respect it deserves after drat near a decade. Such a cozy game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, we get Metroid Prime's physical release a little later; March 3rd.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Settings on the game select screen

Ooh, would have been nice in game but quick enough to do save points.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I'm glad Style Savvy is coming back. Fashion Forward was pretty good despite its issues.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh... I saw that Wario Land 3 is available on the GB Online thingy.

If you haven't played that yet, you abso-loving-lutely should. It's a fun platformer all-around.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

All the wario lands are very good and absolutely worth playing along with Shake It.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

If you like Wario Land check out Pizza Tower (not on Switch at this time, but hopefully someday)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm looking forward to Golden Sun coming on the GBA NSO catalogue. Getting that save over to The Lost Age on Switch will be interesting though, hope it's not just gonna be via code because hoo-boy is that a job if you wanna bring everything over...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

raditts posted:

My favorite bit of tetris trivia is that the A-music, aka "what everyone knows as the Tetris song", was not the music in the first run of JP Tetris carts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctSb06CR6Y
This music is very good too! But drat, the A-music has been burned into my brain for the past like 30 years haha

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Type B music or death

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Postman posted:

If you like Wario Land check out Pizza Tower (not on Switch at this time, but hopefully someday)

this is good enough to double dip. it's amazing.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Oh I found a link to a prime remaster physical copy on best buy. The page isn't displaying the image but if you add it to your cart it will show up. It let me pre-order and I got a confirmation email so we'll see

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metroi...p?skuId=6535545

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

after playing for a bit the prime remaster is pretty ideal. the graphics look sharp and redone but still totally true to the original, full 60 fps as far as I can tell. there are tons of control options, I tried dual stick, pointer, and dual stick with gyro aim. pointer is nice and feels a lot like playing the wii version, dual stick with gyro and the stick/gyro sensitivity turned up feels great. I still can't believe they just shadowdropped this incredible remaster/remake of one of the best games of all time, nintendo ftw.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

robot roll call posted:

after playing for a bit the prime remaster is pretty ideal. the graphics look sharp and redone but still totally true to the original, full 60 fps as far as I can tell. there are tons of control options, I tried dual stick, pointer, and dual stick with gyro aim. pointer is nice and feels a lot like playing the wii version, dual stick with gyro and the stick/gyro sensitivity turned up feels great. I still can't believe they just shadowdropped this incredible remaster/remake of one of the best games of all time, nintendo ftw.

Wait it has gyro aim

Edit oh gently caress me

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amiibo preorder:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ninten...932edcb90993ec9

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons!

Online Preorders are up for the Collector's Edition of Tears of the Kingdom. It's an eye-watering $189AUD though.

Yes, I got it, shutup.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to play Minish Cap. I’m so excited to play this.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

The game drought is finally over!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Pikmin did the one thing they knew they could add that would guarantee it would be 100% better: adding a dog.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Man, I’ve ALWAYS wanted to play Minish Cap. I’m so excited to play this.

it's a hell of a lot of fun, and a gorgeous game

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Kuru Kuru Kururin is a nice surprise.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Overbite posted:

I'm glad Style Savvy is coming back. Fashion Forward was pretty good despite its issues.

Me too, except I didn't see any of the previous games' actual store management bits in the trailer...I'm really worried they're switching "manage your own store, such as changing the decor, restocking, or helping customers" to "manage your own social media accounts/networking", which is way less appealing!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Never played the original Wario Ware. It rules as expected.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Now release Oracle

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Prime is so drat good. I’m always scanning poo poo and getting shot while I do.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Is 70 the new standard price point for new switch games now? Should we all be getting the Nintendo vouchers now? If it works for Metroid prime, I might bite for that and new Zelda.

Edit: NVM, the game is only 40 bux

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 9, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

cum jabbar posted:

Now release Oracle

They were in the preview, they're coming at some point

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If the entire trilogy gets this loved I have no issue paying 120 vs 60 for a simple Trilogy port.

This is incredible. I love what they've done to one of my favorite games ever.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PageMaster posted:

Is 70 the new standard price point for new switch games now?

pretty sure it's just zelda, I don't think they really planned for this game to take 6 years to make

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I really thought that when they finally gave us Metroid Prime it would be a lazy emulation job but man it looks so good. Coming into the room with kraids body and seeing the improvements to the lighting, and the haze effect. Mwah. MP2 when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kirios posted:

If the entire trilogy gets this loved I have no issue paying 120 vs 60 for a simple Trilogy port.

This is incredible. I love what they've done to one of my favorite games ever.

It would be the GOTY if that wasn't a crazy thing to say