Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ReVerve posted:

Just reissue it in Chinese or Japanese, I assume those VA's aren't loving creeps.
oz's cn va was caught cheating on his gf with fans but to his credit(?) all those fans were legal im pretty sure. lets hold a parade for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

and they removed the old CN oz voice from the game yeah

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh goddamnit not Tighnari. 😭 My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Uh, I think testing and stuff can wait this time around :yikes:

Hopefully they deal with this guy soon and the rest of the cast can support whoever replaces him.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
I imagine he is going to get recast if the CN Oz situation is any indication, though I guess that will depend how much Hoyo cares about the English VA work.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yikes. But honestly kinda surprised it took this long for an EN VA scandal to arise.

Also, people on twitter jumping to either protec or attac an anime person is weird (though I mostly just see the protec part from quick search). He's not real yo.

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Yikes. But honestly kinda surprised it took this long for an EN VA scandal to arise.

Also, people on twitter jumping to either protec or attac an anime person is weird (though I mostly just see the protec part from quick search). He's not real yo.

People are guaranteed to be as dumb about it as humanly possible cause the modern internet sucks complete poo poo and people seem to use it exclusively to be annoying awful and stupid.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

Sex pervert with minors

Daph going on a minutes long tirade about keeping Tigh inside a dungeon. I didnt know it was for societies sake.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Looking for build advice for my wife.

She's currently AR30 and with her tremendous luck on the banners yesterday, here is her roster:

Hu Tao (C0)
Keqing (C0)
Mona (C0)
Beidou (C3)
Xingqiu (C2)
Ninguang (C1)
Noelle (C1)
Barbara (C0)
Chongyun (C0)
Fischl (C0)
Xiangling (C0)
Kaeya (C0)
Lisa (C0)
Amber (C0)
Anemo/Geo Traveler

Any semi-decent team comps she can build with this? She's not out trying to crush the Abyss or anything, just looking for a strong synergy team for normal gameplay. Story-wise, she's just finished Liyue Act 3.

She's open to most team comps. She hates Amber (gameplay, not the character herself), but I doubt Amber is going to be listed in any teams.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Welp, that sucks. Hope whoever they get to be Tighnari's replacement VA doesn't sound too jarringly different.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

No Yaoyao? Out of what you have, Keqing/Electro/DMC/Barbara is the most balanced exploration team IMO. Probably Fischl as the Electro for general use. Don't really need to bother with bursts all too much, though you probably want to give up on DMC'S damage and stack as much ER as possible. If she's not gonna bother with abyss at all, Barb can be replaced by some other character. Collei maybe.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hu Tao, Mona, XQ and Noelle can probably ruin everything in story just fine.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mordiceius posted:

She's currently AR30 and with her tremendous luck on the banners yesterday, here is her roster:

Hu Tao (C0)
Keqing (C0)
Mona (C0)
Beidou (C3)
Xingqiu (C2)
Ninguang (C1)
Noelle (C1)
Barbara (C0)
Chongyun (C0)
Fischl (C0)
Xiangling (C0)
Kaeya (C0)
Lisa (C0)
Amber (C0)
Anemo/Geo Traveler

Any semi-decent team comps she can build with this? She's not out trying to crush the Abyss or anything, just looking for a strong synergy team for normal gameplay. Story-wise, she's just finished Liyue Act 3.

She's open to most team comps. She hates Amber (gameplay, not the character herself), but I doubt Amber is going to be listed in any teams.

hmm... I think Beidou and Fischl are supposed to be a good pair, though maybe less so without fischl cons to generate more energy. She could try doing Beidou/Fischl/Hu Tao/Xingqiu for overvapes maybe? I assume she wants to use Hu Tao since she pulled for her

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 8, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mordiceius posted:

Hu Tao (C0)
Keqing (C0)
Mona (C0)
Beidou (C3)
Xingqiu (C2)
Ninguang (C1)
Noelle (C1)
Barbara (C0)
Chongyun (C0)
Fischl (C0)
Xiangling (C0)
Kaeya (C0)
Lisa (C0)
Amber (C0)
Anemo/Geo Traveler

• Hu Tao Xingqiu Barbara + ??? should be pretty good, maybe kaeya as the last slot? But she might hate the hu tao hp drain for overworld
  • If she blows through a few abyss levels to get Collei she can run a great quicken team with Keqing Collei Fischl + barbara or anemo mc. Could also use dendro mc if she goes for a walk and touches a sumeru statue.
  • Barb xq fischl beidou would make a pretty solid taser team, just pop all the bursts and then slap stuff with barb.
  • could do a freeze team with kaeya xq mona anemo MC too, put prototype amber on mona for some minor heals but mostly you don't need to heal too much if everything is frozen
  • She could do noelle geosquad with ning and geo MC but that's kinda not a great team for overworld stuff since noelle's burst is so important to it and you don't have bursts up 24/7 outside domains/abyss

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 8, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MoonCrab posted:

No Yaoyao? Out of what you have, Keqing/Electro/DMC/Barbara is the most balanced exploration team IMO. Probably Fischl as the Electro for general use. Don't really need to bother with bursts all too much, though you probably want to give up on DMC'S damage and stack as much ER as possible. If she's not gonna bother with abyss at all, Barb can be replaced by some other character. Collei maybe.

She has an aversion to the "child" looking characters. Which, I mean, I totally get.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The various Hu Tao comps people have listed will probably be her best bet immediately, especially since all those characters have materials that are immediately accessible.

When she eventually gets to Sumeru an alternate comp could be Keqing/Dendro MC/Xingqiu/Barbara for a Aggravate/Hyperbloom comp.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Thanks for all the tips friendos. I'll pass those along to her.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Weren't you guys the ones that wanted a Dehya? Hu Tao/Xingqiu/Mona/Dehya might end up being one of her strongest comps. R5 White Tassel from liyue chests makes it a bit less "all in," pretty comfortable to use in overworld. Might be good to keep in mind to build later.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
im not sure how dehya would benefit that team besides stealing a handful of vaporize reactions. just extra stagger resistance on top of XQ's?
i'm not sure how mona would benefit that team either tbh

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Mona technically has a buff that lasts for the duration of Dehya's burst. No way it's actually better than good old kazuha tho, and hu tao could actually use Dehya's extra pyro application to solve her kazuha activation issues (see Elegy Amber for a historical example of this).

It still doesnt really feel like Dehya comp imo and feels like one of Dehya's strongest comps in the same way that bennett xiangling xingqiu will be one of her strongest comps.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
dehya nahida xingqiu raiden :v:

apparently that's eula's best comp nowadays too?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I thought her best comp was three sticks, ie Eula, Raiden, Rosaria, Zhongli. Swap Kuki for Raiden with Freedom Sworn for maximum Damage Per Screenshot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

dehya nahida xingqiu raiden :v:

apparently that's eula's best comp nowadays too?
yeah... that one felt too mean

(it's also MOST characters' highest damage comp... up to and including Ayaka)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Mona: Mona is already used in Hu Tao variants focused on frontloaded damage for speedclearing. Compare Hu Tao/Mona/Yelan/Bennett with Ayaka/Shenhe/Kazuha/Mona, and contrast with the less sweaty Hu Tao/Yelan/Xingqiu/Zhongli and Ayaka/Shenhe/Venti/Kokomi. I don't care about speedrunning teams, but maybe you do.

Dehya: Dehya is bad but VV-Tao unironically uses Xinyan and Amber sometimes so :shrug:
The other use case is double-hydro Tao, who sometimes uses Xiangling for damage and Zhongli for comfort. Well Dehya is a bit more comfort than Xiangling and a bit more damage than Zhongli (citation needed) so there you go. The team probably wants Yelan over Mona, but Dehya's application is so bad that it's probably fine.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
boy people sure are extra mad about 4.0-relevancy for dehya right now despite the fact that future-kitting a character has been a thing since kokomi and kuki, as far back as i can remember it

can’t wait to unchain myself from the scarazan team and stumble right into the same situation with kavetham though

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MNSNTZR posted:

boy people sure are extra mad about 4.0-relevancy for dehya right now despite the fact that future-kitting a character has been a thing since kokomi and kuki, as far back as i can remember it

can’t wait to unchain myself from the scarazan team and stumble right into the same situation with kavetham though

A bit of advocating for the devil:

Kokomi made plenty of sense on release and Clam was just a bonus that came relatively soon after. Kuki was an offscreen 4* and only had to wait one patch before her dendro usability was confirmed. Dehya is an established character and 5* who, if reliant on 4.0 synergies, would be waiting much longer than Kuki for her use case to manifest. Maybe her artifact set will be loaded though idk.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kokimi was absolutely people under stating just how good a healer on Kokomi's level is and then a combo of her application was bad and fixed last minute. Clam was just a cherry as you said. TCer's, even the good ones, really undervalue comfort units compared to how good having Zhongli or Kokomi on your team actually is. Dehya's defensive utility isn't even as good as Layla's and requires another defensive unit to back her up, her application is bad, and what damage she does is uh.....okay I guess. You are entirely banking on future synergies that may never exist. (Xinyan will be buffed anytime now!) Or last minute buffs.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yesterday I got managed to pull a 5* from the weapon banner before it switched but I got a 2nd Jade Wing Spear. I'm just never allowed to have a 5* sword apparently. :negative:

It's not all bad though. A 2nd copy means both Xiao and Cyno can have one and I don't have to play ping pong with one copy anymore.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

:words:
(Xinyan will be buffed anytime now!)

Actually come to think of it, I haven't looked too much at Dehya's kit but does her damage reduction happen before shields?

Getting Xinyan a 25% attack boost from Pyro synergy AND making her shield more durable, off the top of my head?

Xinyan buffs are coming soon, in the form of Dehya being a great teammate!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The mitigation is actually pretty lol. Unless they update the calc Dehya + Beidou + Xingqiu will give 100% damage mitigation. Curious to see how it will interact with "witness the final calamity".

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 8, 2023

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
From what I understand Dehya's damage reduction isn't additive and it doesn't work with shields.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captain France posted:

Actually come to think of it, I haven't looked too much at Dehya's kit but does her damage reduction happen before shields?

Getting Xinyan a 25% attack boost from Pyro synergy AND making her shield more durable, off the top of my head?

Xinyan buffs are coming soon, in the form of Dehya being a great teammate!

if you build xinyan for damage (as a physical carry) her shield is gonna be tissue paper regardless, you're better off bringing a 'real' shielder alongside her. layla/diona probably? superconduct with a pyro dps is a huge pain in the butt though

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

c1 acquired

time to save for C0 dehya

yelan real good y'all

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eimi posted:

Kokimi was absolutely people under stating just how good a healer on Kokomi's level is and then a combo of her application was bad and fixed last minute. Clam was just a cherry as you said. TCer's, even the good ones, really undervalue comfort units compared to how good having Zhongli or Kokomi on your team actually is. Dehya's defensive utility isn't even as good as Layla's and requires another defensive unit to back her up, her application is bad, and what damage she does is uh.....okay I guess. You are entirely banking on future synergies that may never exist. (Xinyan will be buffed anytime now!) Or last minute buffs.

agreed with kokomi, even though i don’t really use her as much as i should. i don’t think people undervalue zhongli as much as they dunk on him making you play the game bad, which can be true.

there’s also something to be said about the other elements desperately needing good shielders, which is why folks (including me) are salivating at the idea of baizhu — a male 5* support from liyue, the biggest gimme for the meta on paper since zhongli, really

hoyo just makes a lot of wild decisions with units, like making players wonder if shenhe really is playable. her signature dish is the only one i don’t have because i don’t even think they did her birthday mail. if they did, it ain’t have the dish in there, which why

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is it true Sarah is the tallest girl in the game

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if you go by model height yeah but that's because she wears hosed up tengu stilt shoes

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Shook an extra WGS out of the standard. Diluc already has one, who wants it next most? I know Itto doesn't. Eula who I never use, I guess?

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Beidou, Sayu, almost anyone except defense scaling characters. It is generally slightly better than Serpent Spine if the team doesn’t have an attack buffer like Bennett or Sara. Otherwise Serpent Spine pulls ahead.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This character. My diluc itto and noelle use serpent spine.

ER sands Beidou can use the huge atk substat from gravestone really well. god my emblem flowers suck. stupid rear end domain.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

MNSNTZR posted:

agreed with kokomi, even though i don’t really use her as much as i should. i don’t think people undervalue zhongli as much as they dunk on him making you play the game bad, which can be true.

I don't really get the whole Zhongli being easy mode shtick because most people prefer ease Zhongli or no

Like Raiden national is burst burst burst burst on loop, you're either in i-frames or Raiden burst. Same with hyper Raiden
Freeze (when it's good) does not interact with enemies
With Nilou bloom or hyperbloom you press the buttons and it basically plays itself

and so on and so forth

few people play things like Wanderer with no shields