Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
If anything, I kinda thought everyone ganged up on Laganja back in S6, but I think I'm saying that with the hindsight of knowing she had to go cold turkey from medical THC for filming and thus was acting Like That.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Flyinglemur posted:

What? She's nowhere near Bianca. I get that she helped the twins, and whatever has happened after the season wrapped, I don't know because I'm not that far into the scene. I don't like her and it has nothing to do with race, but I can't speak for everyone. The whole thing with her and Lux and how they were going to take the metal song really bothered me because that was some mean girls poo poo, and instead of trying to talk it out they just kept getting louder.

It's ok if you like her and it's ok if I don't :glomp:

ok thats all reasonable but the post youre replying to is simply pointing out there is an absolutely deranged fanbase contingent that loves harassing queens online for being a bitch and a queen of colour. malaysia has copped it the worst this season from marciax3 stans in terms of absolutely heinous unambiguously racist stuff but there was a lot of questionable stuff towards mistress that resulted in her instagram account being mass reported and banned for no apparent reason. nobody thinks youre a racist for not liking mistress.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

ok thats all reasonable but the post youre replying to is simply pointing out there is an absolutely deranged fanbase contingent that loves harassing queens online for being a bitch and a queen of colour. malaysia has copped it the worst this season from marciax3 stans in terms of absolutely heinous unambiguously racist stuff but there was a lot of questionable stuff towards mistress that resulted in her instagram account being mass reported and banned for no apparent reason. nobody thinks youre a racist for not liking mistress.

This is my only source of fandom for the show. :(

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah, I'm a drama goblin, so I'm always poking around on Drag Race subreddits (or contestants' Twitter) for poo poo while I'm bored at work, but I wouldn't blame someone for not having the time, energy, or interest in that kind of thing. :kiddo:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Flyinglemur posted:

This is my only source of fandom for the show. :(

I'm on reddit all day, but the drag race subreddit is loving unhinged

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I think what bothers me about Isabelle being shady isn't that she's being shady, it's that the other queens aren't in on it often enough. To go back to the Bianca comparison, when she was pulling out the hate it was fun, the queen on the receiving end was laughing more often than not, and there was almost the desire to be next. With Mistress you've got people on the same side being in on it, with Lux and her doing the metal poo poo, but Malaysia was clearly not in on it, and neither was Sasha. Keeping it up with Malaysia later only emphasized it.
Sure sometimes people are firing back and having fun with the back and forth, but (especially with the episodes on 1.5x speed like they are contributing to a nastier edit) it often feels less like good natured ribbing and more like straight up sniping.

There's a lack of awareness present when Isabelle says in her confessional "oh yeah were having fun pretending to be bickering haha" and Malaysia's pissed, and that's what's giving me bad vibes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Now I've learned that there are Marcia³ stans and I'm upset that this is a real thing

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
:toot:
https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1623728680693387269

Gonna be interesting if there are suddenly a bunch of storylines popping up that would've been built up from previous episodes

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

:toot:
https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1623728680693387269

Gonna be interesting if there are suddenly a bunch of storylines popping up that would've been built up from previous episodes

Interesting! MTV.com hasn't updated the schedule to reflect that yet. It still shows Real Friends of WeHo on at 9:00PM. I wonder if the schedule is being swapped out, or if the show was canceled altogether.

Edit: I'm dumb. That says March, not February.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

RE-RELEASE THE SHORTER EPS AT FULL LENGTH

e: Assuming that there's an elimination each episode, we'd go back to 90 minutes when there are 8 queens remaining.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 9, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

:lol:, I was wondering why #BullyingWorks was trending on Twitter...

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Did they cancel Todrick’s pathetic vanity project or did it just end naturally?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

angerbeet posted:

Did they cancel Todrick’s pathetic vanity project or did it just end naturally?

I'd assume the show's season ended, they generally don't have many episodes. Six feels reasonable for a show like this.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well, none seems reasonable for a show like that but I take your point.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://twitter.com/kyry5/status/1623730476887478272

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Haha whaaaat? It’s so weird to do this mid season, but better than not. It’s also so funny to expand to 90 minute episodes when the cast gets cut down and there’s more space for each queen to get in the spotlight.

It’s so weird to see things about the Drag Race fan base because just like a poster upthread, I have no connection to it at all aside from this thread. Just started marathoning the series during lockdown and fell in love with the show and all the talented queens. Every once in a while I’d Google something and find…Tyra Sanchez did…what??

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Salina Estitties on "Dating #no filter" you have to have hulu - I couldn't find a youtube video!

https://www.hulu.com/watch/0be83734-173b-4f1f-beee-836f1d64f604

I don't know if the link will work but it's season 1 episode 11.

This one might work better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSMFs6E6Io&t=500s

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 10, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I really wish they'd release some kind of extended cut, because I feel guilty that I've literally already forgotten about Princess Poppy and Amethyst. :smith:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

OMG DANNY TREJO SAYING MISS VANGIE

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I don’t normally have a strong opinion on lip syncs but this one I’m mad about.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Ru is a Tim and Eric fan?

Tim Heidecker as a guest judge please.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

zelah posted:

I don’t normally have a strong opinion on lip syncs but this one I’m mad about.

Which aspect? The choice of bottom two, the song choice, or the result?

Non-specific spoiler, just a good line: "CUE THE SNIPER!"

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Marcia3 can make some funny faces at least. Also Danny Trejo!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Danny Trejo, condragulations you are the winner of this week's challenge!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
That was so goddamn uncomfortable to watch until he showed up. 41-minute episode without commercials and ten minutes of it was that

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
WUT

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

If next week is Lalaparuza then I can't see Spice surviving without rigga morris. Maybe that's the twist :tinfoil:

Anyway, I can't help but wonder how the eliminated queen's edit was done dirty by the shortened runtime. Clearly she talked about her dead dad in the werkroom, and she got barely any screentime in both the episode she won and the episode she went home

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Has Danny Trejo been in any queer stuff before this? :allears: I loved that bit.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

gandlethorpe posted:

If next week is Lalaparuza then I can't see Spice surviving without rigga morris. Maybe that's the twist :tinfoil:

Oh that queen is going home for sure next week.

I reckon the twist will be a double elimination with the final 3 who aren’t deemed safe.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

Has Danny Trejo been in any queer stuff before this? :allears: I loved that bit.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7107687077629709611
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7107770950933908778

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

:hellyeah: Fuckin love this dude.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Ironic Twist posted:

That was so goddamn uncomfortable to watch until he showed up. 41-minute episode without commercials and ten minutes of it was that

I dunno, you either like the Tim and Eric style or you don't. I know I called my husband in from playing video games simply to watch with me because I was cracking up so much, I wanted to share the love. Also, I'm disappointed in the lipsync result, but for I just don't feel very impressed by Jax. I get it's sorta the edit and her personality can't be THAT flat, but she doesn't pop, her outfits are S1-2 level complex if they're even on theme (I agree with Raja, where is the fantasy?), and the one thing I thought she'd surprise me in, acting, and she can't get the joke's references and does a half-assed stoner instead of what Ru's directing her to do. I know Aura's not much better, but at least her outfits are GOOD.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i love how ugly rus werkroom suit is. if i was being tortured and the interrogator walked in wearing that suit, i would break down immediately. it looks like it requires a post grad degree in geometry to design

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the malaysia/mistress beef leading to great sitcom chemistry has powerful 'betty white and bea arthur hate each others guts' energy

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Rewatching the lipsync, and Jax has insane bodily control. Her moves are incredibly precise yet intense. My mind is struggling to understand how she pulls off some of those moves.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ya absolutely agreed on all points. I thought it was a very good and close lip synch but there's no denying the winner has incredible talent

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

resting mitch face posted:

Ru is a Tim and Eric fan?

Tim Heidecker as a guest judge please.

That shout out was bizarre. That skit didn't seem to have anything in common with their humor. But yeah, get Tim on as a guest judge.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Looking forward to next season's Too Many Queens sitcom challenge

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

wuggles posted:

That shout out was bizarre. That skit didn't seem to have anything in common with their humor. But yeah, get Tim on as a guest judge.

Really? I totally saw a similarity in their "awkward pause" humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Flyinglemur posted:

Looking forward to next season's Too Many Queens sitcom challenge

It takes a lot to spill that tea

But now there’s you, and her, and me!