Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

sinky posted:

In Tory britain, the shitpipes are above ground

(temporarily )

How did you get a screenshot of my Satisfactory build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Shouldn't have tried to claim 100000 Freddos chocolate at once.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The final humiliation of the Drowned in Sound forum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My work's brought in a Competency Development Framework for our annual performance reviews and it is the biggest piece of bullshit I've ever seen. Instead of just looking at whether I'm good in my role and picking out some development ideas I instead have to grade myself against 7 separate attitudes like 'working collaboratively' or 'delivering capability' on a scale of 1-3 in a structure where the desired traits are often exactly the same across different grades then justify exactly why I picked those grades. It's such a load of horseshit, gently caress HR departments into the ground. Just inventing insane levels of bureaucracy because they need to feel like they're doing something

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Why was it a reasonable course of action? Russia was corrupt and we knew it, Russia had a horrible record on human rights and we knew it. Seems like you just have accepted the media whitewashing of the policy. A lot of the stuff the libs handwave away as "nobody knew better" nowadays about these things in the 90s and 00s weren't all uncritically accepted and uncontroversial at the time.

Russia's president literally sent tanks in to shell the equivalent of the House of Commons because the leftists won an election, and this was in 1993 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Russian_constitutional_crisis

We knew it was a shitshow back then. It was the End of History though so nobody (important) cared. And now we have Putin.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Rarity posted:

My work's brought in a Competency Development Framework for our annual performance reviews and it is the biggest piece of bullshit I've ever seen. Instead of just looking at whether I'm good in my role and picking out some development ideas I instead have to grade myself against 7 separate attitudes like 'working collaboratively' or 'delivering capability' on a scale of 1-3 in a structure where the desired traits are often exactly the same across different grades then justify exactly why I picked those grades. It's such a load of horseshit, gently caress HR departments into the ground. Just inventing insane levels of bureaucracy because they need to feel like they're doing something

Every single medium to large employer has poo poo like this, and it drives me insane. If you're lucky, your manager views it as the pointless box ticking exercise that it is, and you can get it over and done with in a half hour meeting.

If your boss is an idiot, however...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

My work's brought in a Competency Development Framework for

My company has one of these - it's to deny people promotions without being accused of constructive dismissal or whatever. If you don't max out every metric or have participated in every single hypothetical kind of business activity listed on the Big Spreadsheet then they can point to Cell J14 and go "mmm sorry no raise for you this year, you're not sufficiently experienced in turboencabulation".

I just applied to my boss's boss for a promotion instead and got it.

Also, :thermidor: to all HR and middle management, now and forever

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Rarity posted:

This guy beat Nick Clegg

I'd still vote for him over Clegg too.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rarity posted:

Honestly just write down why you're good at your role and tick the appropriate box, it's doubtful anyone is going to look at it very closely anyway.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

My work's brought in a Competency Development Framework

My place has one of these except it asks for quarterly scores from 1-4 in 4-5 different topics each under 7 different headings and plots them all out into a radar chart.

It’s not even an HR thing, it’s just my (otherwise great) boss having a serious data fetish because we work in a data field.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Max answers with no descriptions every time - bullshit is what they are going to get everytime. Marg Bar HR

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rarity posted:

Have the same poo poo to deal with, I posted about this in the Work Thread in GBS, so this may sound familiar.
These are just for the company to get excuses to not pay you by getting you to grade yourself. And getting it with data they don't have.
If you put a 1 or 2 in a subjective cant be counted area, then they can just go 'Ah well seeing your not a team player, cant give you much of a rise this year!'
The best way to counter these is just say you are brilliant at everything and give yourself 3 in everything.
That way when they question you, you can just go 'I think I'm doing brilliantly, can you show me how Im not'. And then they have to work.

Doesn't matter in the end really though, they will pay you whatever they want to give you. This is just frilling around the donkey punch result.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
"Improved productivity" 5/5 Justification: chucked this review form in the bin.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I work for a charity and all our payrises are union-mandated so why even bother with this poo poo then :argh:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Diet Crack posted:

. Marg Bar HR

Marg Bar Amerika would be a great name for a Persian themed cocktail bar with specialty margaritas

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

I work for a charity and all our payrises are union-mandated so why even bother with this poo poo then :argh:

HR mind virus, you only get into that line of work if you have a little policeman inside your head urging you to be a jobsworth petty tyrant for no reason

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Rarity posted:

Does this form a part of your Skills Wallet?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GNDRising/status/1623588461251817472

I love these tactics. As soon as one person is dragged away, another member takes over. It's very effective

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Rarity posted:

Fingers crossed you can keep it that way, NT brought in performance-related pay about 15 years back and it's an absolute bastard to try and get rid of once it's wormed its way into everybody's lizard brains as "where my payrise comes from."

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

smellmycheese posted:

That’s ripe for some Augustus Gloop style shenanigans

Augustus Poop

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sebzilla posted:

Fingers crossed you can keep it that way, NT brought in performance-related pay about 15 years back and it's an absolute bastard to try and get rid of once it's wormed its way into everybody's lizard brains as "where my payrise comes from."

It's a local charity so luckily it's not that infected with corporate brainworm types

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sinky posted:

In Tory britain, the shitpipes are above ground

(temporarily )

Taking it up the shitpipe by the local shitpipe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

we have the talent matrix

which is way less cool than it sounds

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Jorban Peterson took a bunch of pale red pills to escape from the talent matrix into the dessert of the veal.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

fuctifino posted:

I love these tactics. As soon as one person is dragged away, another member takes over. It's very effective

That's pretty great, but the ghouls kept their rictuses all through it, so it'll do gently caress-all :smith:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/president-biden-warns-risk-nuclear-160000962.html

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

three top stocks: water, non-perishable food, blankets

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

three top stocks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JITC1fo2HA

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aphex- posted:

How did you get a screenshot of my Satisfactory build

If it was Satisfactory the pipes would be anchored to the nearby houses :v:

Rarity posted:

I've had precisely one annual review in my 10 or so years working where I work, like many things my employer does it seems like someone had An Idea and then never touched it again.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

I mean he's obviously a scumbag, but after hearing about this I'm just coming away frustrated that the big line of inquiry was a tremblingly milquetoast "there's a concern about dishonesty" instead of "why did you pay a friend to pretend to be a Labour swing voter?"

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 9, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MayfairCynic/status/1623626363281321984

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nilbop posted:

I mean he's obviously a scumbag, but after hearing about this I'm just coming away frustrated that the big line of inquiry was a tremblingly milquetoast "there's a concern about dishonesty" instead of "why did you pay a friend to pretend to be a Labour swing voter?"

The journalist's failure to respond with 'I've never run for public office' was ridiculous

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Are there no palm trees in the UK? My next door neighbours have one, my mum's neighbour has a few and I used to constantly have to clear out our drains from all the stupid shedding palm fronds. They grow great here.

He's definitely on holidays in forrin parts tho

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Uruguay is a sufficiently obscure place to be that I bet if someone did some digging there'd be a very interesting story about why he's there right now.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Perfect Element posted:

Uruguay is a sufficiently obscure place to be that I bet if someone did some digging there'd be a very interesting story about why he's there right now.

He’s noncing

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Visiting the fam who moved there after the war?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

He apparently claimed in another interview that he was out the country on 'Parliamentary business', which considering he wasn't a minister or anything but an MP, I wonder what issues the constituents of Ashfield have in Uruguay.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Are there no palm trees in the UK? My next door neighbours have one, my mum's neighbour has a few and I used to constantly have to clear out our drains from all the stupid shedding palm fronds. They grow great here.

He's definitely on holidays in forrin parts tho

there are loads on the “English riviera” in south Devon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Edit: for non 2000AD nerds

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1623591387630383104