Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Ff16 ce unboxing
https://twitter.com/FF16_JP/status/1623607642060132354?t=LC5opZBDcnCL86uIlBHuSQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

OlliOlli World is the ideal of PS+ game. Endlessly charming and chill, great to look at and listen to with a confident style all its own and also a perfect sense of technical confidence in its modular level design, hard af, beautiful and snappy UI, and since all your friends now own it the integration of the social features feels amazing. Bonus: I will never tire of games that use made up gibberish voice acting. Roll 7 are wizards.

Game bigtime knocked me out of a bad mood.

Bloodychill, I love your character.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I bought olliolli world on sale about a month ago and I'm not even mad about it. In fact I'm happy that other people can have a go because it's very fun and from the same guys as 2022 GOTY ROLLERDROME.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I might have to get Rollerdrome now. I got OlliOlli 2 for free on ps+ years ago and played it a ton for a few days and was loving it, but it erased my save mysteriously and I never really went back to it. OOW is such a fantastic progression, you can see how hard they've worked to extend the premise but also make it more comfy to be in...while still being a true challenge. Game oozes style and good vibes. Would be a good soundtrack to have on vinyl.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Only thing better than getting Ollie Ollie world for free is paying full price because the game rocks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

If I can get good enough I'll throw some $ their way for DLC

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I got Ollie Ollie world for free on PS5 and liked it so much I bought it for my steam deck. Double ollies :hai:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I got Ollie Ollie world for free on PS5 and liked it so much I bought it for my steam deck. Double ollies :hai:

If I mod Cloud into it will you make it your goty 2023?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aipsh posted:

If I mod Cloud into it will you make it your goty 2023?

Still got a lot of the year left and a lot of games to play...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I don't understand the controls of Olli Olli world. Playing skate and thps too much has broken my brain I think?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

flik da stik

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

how???

That’s amazing

GT7 has tones of user-made outfits you can download and use, you just need to unlock the shop that lets you customize your character (I think it was after cafe menu 7)?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

shut up blegum posted:

I don't understand the controls of Olli Olli world. Playing skate and thps too much has broken my brain I think?

Nah, they're just not up to task imo. I bought OlliOlli World a while back just cause it seemed like a fun goof-around sorta game, and it IS charming, but the controls eventually drove me away. The way it works is that you flick the stick to jump, and you can spin the stick around to do different tricks, but I wish they would have just included a regular ol' jump button. I think it jumps on release, not on the flick, and it just feels kinda imprecise when you need to pull off split-second jumps, especially if you try to do a fancier trick on the jump.

Plus, I've lost count of how many times I've lost because I flick the stick and accidentally hit the pause button. I woulda given it a 3 out of 3.5 if there was a dedicated jump button, but as-is I was kinda disappointed once the shine wore off.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

To each their own but I found the OlliOlli World controls to be excellent. I'm an old rear end man but there's not a single level in that game that I couldn't get through with one long, uninterrupted combo. It'd often happen during my first pass through a level then I'd go back and replay it a bunch to get all the challenges. It was honestly my GOTY last year, suck it Elden Ring

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

The first time I booted up OlliOlli World I was very put off by the lack of a jump button, but it clicked later on that you essentially queue up a trick in time for a jump so it executes immediately. That and, say, flicking the stick left does a jump and kickflip in one action rather than two...it just works. Keep at it! This game destroyed my brain!

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Does hogwarts legacy have any technical/performance issues on PS5?

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020

PRADA SLUT posted:

I haven't run into any issues playing in HFR mode. A few bugs here and there, but nothing game breaking.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

PRADA SLUT posted:

It has a pretty generous suite of graphics modes and toggles. I’ve been using Balanced which I believe requires a VRR capable setup and achieves a steady 40 fps. You can also cap or uncap the framerate depending on your preference.

Aside from some non performance related jank, it’s been rock solid.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sammus posted:

It gets better. I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that the destiny content we got is going to be retired when the new destiny expansion releases at the end of the month!

Bungie has stated that expansion content will not be vaulted, but season pass activities will go away when a new expansion starts. (The quest npcs move on with the storyline).

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Octopath Traveller 2......demo??????

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The beyond light seasonal content is already vaulted, the free offer is just the core expansion and none of it will go away

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kilometers Davis posted:

how???

That’s amazing

An obscene number of sticker layers I’d assume. It’s drat good work, that’s for sure.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

yo speaking of Destiny, how long is the prologue bit before I get access to the Citadel or whatever the main hub was called? I started it up a few weeks ago (ended up getting stuck into Monster Hunter World instead) and played for several hours but we've just set up shop on the same little planet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I started Midnight Suns, finally. Pretty fun game, even if Tony Stark is just about at peak insufferability levels even for that character.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvPPggQ-pHs

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Arist posted:

I started Midnight Suns, finally. Pretty fun game, even if Tony Stark is just about at peak insufferability levels even for that character.

In an interview with Mr. Solomon he mentioned that Marvel wasn’t heavy-handed with gameplay recommendations at all — however, they were concerned with characterization. Their mandate was “we want to read the script out loud in a monotone without seeing who is speaking and be able to identify whose speaking.”

You can certainly tell is Tony talking by his lines in this one.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Waiting to see more on gameplay before I get too excited but so far this looks like a cool twist on a survival/crafting game. Exploring a creepy PNW in a station wagon customized from salvaged scrap is a good premise.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Just use a crossbow for underwater Witcher 3 combat

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

drat GT7 takes longer to let you play the drat game than Yakuza, huh?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Costco Meatballs posted:

Just use a crossbow for underwater Witcher 3 combat

This. You can one shot everything under water with your usually useless crossbow. Almost as if the devs knew people didn't want to engage with underwater combat at all.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

drat GT7 takes longer to let you play the drat game than Yakuza, huh?

Dude yeah. That install took for loving ever. Idk how long I played that music mode

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

fridge corn posted:

Octopath Traveller 2......demo??????

I don't know why I all of a sudden care about this game but those screenshots from a while back really piqued my interest. There is indeed a demo on the Switch which I may have to check out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jelly posted:

I don't know why I all of a sudden care about this game but those screenshots from a while back really piqued my interest. There is indeed a demo on the Switch which I may have to check out.

there's also a demo on the ps5, steam, and probably the xbox

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Quick question about Witcher 3.

I have an LG C1 and my PS5 with pretty much all the default settings and all the games and television seem to look really great since I picked it up about a year ago.

I understand Witcher 3 is a remaster and is bound by whatever engine it was developed in. It appears to be really washed out in comparison to a lot of other games. Is this normal? Like the lighting just seems too generally bright, there are definitely shadows but it doesn't seem like enough? I don't know, I wish I was more perceptive and could articulate what I mean better but the lighting seems really off. Maybe it's the HDR or something?

IcePhoenix posted:

there's also a demo on the ps5, steam, and probably the xbox
Ok look, I'm not very good with computers or reading

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Jelly posted:

Quick question about Witcher 3.

I have an LG C1 and my PS5 with pretty much all the default settings and all the games and television seem to look really great since I picked it up about a year ago.

I understand Witcher 3 is a remaster and is bound by whatever engine it was developed in. It appears to be really washed out in comparison to a lot of other games. Is this normal? Like the lighting just seems too generally bright, there are definitely shadows but it doesn't seem like enough? I don't know, I wish I was more perceptive and could articulate what I mean better but the lighting seems really off. Maybe it's the HDR or something?
I don’t have Witcher 3 but I do have an LG CX which is the previous years model of yours and I can suggest that you double check the Black Level setting as that can make things washed out if set incorrectly. Usually auto works fine but in some configs you might wanna explicitly set it to Low and that’s the typical standard for consoles. Make sure the PS5 black level matches in any case.

As for HDR I use the settings in HDTV Test’s video here:
https://youtu.be/S0G8sHcFQq8

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jelly posted:

Ok look, I'm not very good with computers or reading

Apparently the demo is like three hours long and you can carry over your save data to the full release so I'm pretty happy that it's not only on the switch since I'm probably going to grab it on the PS5 lol

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Sony is teasing a God of War-related ad for the Superbowl. It might just be another of those goofy general Playstation promotion ads that happens to be God of War-centered, but that seems odd for that expensive and ad buy. Too early for DLC, isn't it? Maybe the TV show? I'm going with a surprise announcement of God of War: Ragnarok VR for PSVR2.

Kidding obviously. But flailing the Blades of Chaos would be goddamned fun.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

oh my god :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqy1ZBF5e2c

This looks neat and it's coming out next month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

OlliOlli World is the ideal of PS+ game. Endlessly charming and chill, great to look at and listen to with a confident style all its own and also a perfect sense of technical confidence in its modular level design, hard af, beautiful and snappy UI, and since all your friends now own it the integration of the social features feels amazing. Bonus: I will never tire of games that use made up gibberish voice acting. Roll 7 are wizards.

Game bigtime knocked me out of a bad mood.

Bloodychill, I love your character.

Hehe yeah, it is a very fun game. If you aren’t going for all the challenges, it’s also pretty chill. The challenges start to get pretty drat hard by the third world.