Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Right, so, Echo isn't making it out of this season alive, is he

Good on Papa Palpatine doin' what Papa Palpatine does best for his fledgling Empire

Haven’t seen the episode yet but was that Ian as Palpatine or one of his soundalikes from the other cartoons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
It's indeed Ian.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cheesus posted:

It's indeed Ian.

Very good to hear

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well it'd have to be Ian. Other Ian died and Tim Curry is retired.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Well it'd have to be Ian. Other Ian died and Tim Curry is retired.

Wasn’t there a third guy who voiced him briefly in Rebels (and there’s also the guy from the Lego series)?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Larryb posted:

Wasn’t there a third guy who voiced him briefly in Rebels (and there’s also the guy from the Lego series)?

Sam Witwer, who usually voiced Maul, did a few, I think.
He does a passable Palpatine, and also voiced him in the Force Unleashed games.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
These two episodes were the best politicking in 7 seasons of clone wars.

Larryb posted:

Sam Witwer did the emperor in the finale of the first season of Rebels, which they later redubbed with Ian dvd/disney+ release.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Bad Batch season 2 first half episode guides finally released on the official site:

https://www.starwars.com/series/star-wars-the-bad-batch

Was worried they had stopped this feature.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The head on the left would make for a good Palpatine emoji, I think
Not often you see him smiling like that

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"I'm too weak" lol j/k I'm fine 🤪

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

"I'm too weak" lol j/k I'm fine 🤪

:sickos: but it's Sheev making the POWAHHHH face

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Can I say that Bad Batch consistently has some of the best cinematography of any animated show I’ve seen of late.

The lighting alone is just fantastic. A show completely unafraid to cast a character in dark shadow.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That was a decent two parter and hearing Ian as Sheev is always fun, I agree that Echo’s says are probably numbered

I’m curious if the series will continue on beyond this season but I wouldn’t mind it honestly

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 9, 2023

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011
Tony Gilroy interviewed by Youtubers Strugglenation, talks music and Andy Serkis and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87XxrKVc4bg

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Finally caught up with Book of Boba Fett, god what a boring waste of time. Kept waiting for something, anything to latch onto but it just kept treading water with these bland rear end characters and stories. A show that knows its main character sucks and turns into another guy’s show halfway through.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Boba Fett has exactly four attributes:
-badass look
-badass ship
-no moral compass
-clone that ages slower

and somehow they decided to only explore one and a half of those things and negate another of them.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
-bad at everything

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I love that they've written Omega with absolutely zero situational awareness this season. She's running off on her own, making impulsive gestures, blurting to random people that she's a clone, walking the halls of the Senate without a disguise...

Echo, buddy, this is not the way to end up in the Old Clone's Home. I gotta bad feeling about this.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I loved the Sheev Alarm right before he popped out of the floor.

BWONNNNNNG

BWONNNNNNNG

SHEEV INCOMING

SHEEV ON HIS WAY

ON YOUR FEET FOR SHEEV

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Gonz posted:

I loved the Sheev Alarm right before he popped out of the floor.

BWONNNNNNG

BWONNNNNNNG

SHEEV INCOMING

SHEEV ON HIS WAY

ON YOUR FEET FOR SHEEV

Sheev actually hates it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDedpreZH-0

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I’m disappointed in my main man for immediately just going to the plain black robes from Creditland instead of the bitchin’ ceremonial garb, or the velvet and silk poo poo he was wearing when he and Yoda tore up the senate. But it’s always a pleasure to hear *that* voice. I wonder if that’s his last senate appearance, it was generally suggested once he declared himself Emperor he practically disappeared from public view.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Sentinel Red posted:

I’m disappointed in my main man for immediately just going to the plain black robes from Creditland instead of the bitchin’ ceremonial garb, or the velvet and silk poo poo he was wearing when he and Yoda tore up the senate.
Same.

Didn't Rebels establish him as having a ....robust public image?

I get that he publicly announced the Empire the day after getting his own lightening returned to his face. But I wonder if there's a missed opportunity to show him slowly looking better in public but keeping the Sideous clothing/face in reserve for Sith stuff like chastising Vader or showing off his Sorcerer's Apprentice impression to Ezra in the World Between Worlds.

Then again, if I won the galaxy, perhaps I'd be out of fucks about how I looked.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sentinel Red posted:

I’m disappointed in my main man for immediately just going to the plain black robes from Creditland instead of the bitchin’ ceremonial garb, or the velvet and silk poo poo he was wearing when he and Yoda tore up the senate. But it’s always a pleasure to hear *that* voice. I wonder if that’s his last senate appearance, it was generally suggested once he declared himself Emperor he practically disappeared from public view.

he probably adopted mourning garb out of respect for the citizens of Kamino who tragically lost their lives to the storms that day

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Where's the propaganda photo op of Sheev going to the orphanage to hand out soup or whatever.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Pop Art poster of some proud looking stormtroopers
"Leave the force to us! Report all Jedi Immediately!"

Obi-Wan foaming at the mouth like he's truning into a warewolf
"Around Jedi, you'll Jedie!"

Sheev holding out his hand to some crying child with a broken toy.
"The only force sensitive you can trust!"

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Cheesus posted:

Same.

Didn't Rebels establish him as having a ....robust public image?

I get that he publicly announced the Empire the day after getting his own lightening returned to his face. But I wonder if there's a missed opportunity to show him slowly looking better in public but keeping the Sideous clothing/face in reserve for Sith stuff like chastising Vader or showing off his Sorcerer's Apprentice impression to Ezra in the World Between Worlds.

Then again, if I won the galaxy, perhaps I'd be out of fucks about how I looked.

Rebels did have him showing his "good" face for Ezra. But that may be just for the moment for him. Part of his whole schitck was how the Jedi attacked him and made him look like he does.

Hes literally the only Force user id like to see in Andor.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Same, I loving love Ian, he’s always fun to watch hamming it up. Even in That Which Shall Not Be Named, the bit where’s he’s going hogwild electrocuting everyyyyyyyything! is the one part I’d happily watch again.

Now I’m thinking we need Cass and Luthen to 9/11 something on Coruscant so we can have Sheev shedding a lone tear for the cameras at Ground Zero and passing out blankets to orphans.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cass and Luthen firebomb the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Recinstruction (EmPalSuRecon) Centre's pediatric wing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sentinel Red posted:

Same, I loving love Ian, he’s always fun to watch hamming it up. Even in That Which Shall Not Be Named, the bit where’s he’s going hogwild electrocuting everyyyyyyyything! is the one part I’d happily watch again.

Now I’m thinking we need Cass and Luthen to 9/11 something on Coruscant so we can have Sheev shedding a lone tear for the cameras at Ground Zero and passing out blankets to orphans.

They 9/11 a small moon in the first ever piece of Star Wars media.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ian was probably the only entertaining part of ROS (despite how stupid bringing the character back was, or at least the way they brought him back since the comics did it better) and I’m always down for more of Palps

As mentioned I wouldn’t mind him showing up in Andor either

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 9, 2023

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sentinel Red posted:

Need a photo op of Palpatine and Mon Mothma standing side by side holding "Je Suis Coruscant" signs

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Sentinel Red posted:

as loving awful as it was and as stupid as bringing him back was, getting an Ian "My boy...I MADE Sssssnoke" in That Voice on a theater sound system was the highlight of RoS

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

"I have been every voice inside your head" was wasted in a dumb movie instead of a good movie.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sash! posted:

Ian McDiarmid was wasted in a dumb movie instead of a good movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Most of the sequel trilogy (and Solo) was a waste of a good cast in my opinion

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The ST has the best acting of any star wars trilogy and some real great "moments" all connected by the most horseshit plot in existence

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The highpoint of ROS was "The dead speak!" and then nothing was entertaining for the next three hours.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ultimately babu frik really does it for some people and leaves others indifferent. This issue is really going to spill out into the open when he hijacks multiple episodes of mandalorian season 3

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

No Mods No Masters posted:

Ultimately babu frik really does it for some people and leaves others indifferent. This issue is really going to spill out into the open when he hijacks multiple episodes of mandalorian season 3

Oh no, ROS was so bad it made me forget Babu Frik!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I doubt if I will ever watch The rise of Skywalker so I have no familiarity or opinion on Babu Frik until he shows up in something else