Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I know it's a household name in the US but I can't even tell from the boxart what sport "madden" is. Is that dude Mr Madden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I know it's a household name in the US but I can't even tell from the boxart what sport "madden" is. Is that dude Mr Madden?

He's the Gabe Newall of Football.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

There's an arrow pointing from John Madden to the word Madden so, like, it's John Madden. He used to coach professional football but was best known for his commentating. He died December 2021 and the 23 version is the earliest they could've put him on the cover so there you go.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

In Madden 23 you play as John Madden, using a multiple choice conversation prompt system to commentate on the game. If you say the wrong things you get shamed and fired.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Space Jam posted:

In Madden 23 you play as John Madden, using a multiple choice conversation prompt system to commentate on the game. If you say the wrong things you get shamed and fired.

I'd play this.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Just updated this. Let's loving Go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

need cross save in VS so bad

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It's football. No, not that football.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

need cross save in VS so bad

But that just means you play VS less and that's not good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You should not post about the game because it is AIDS and results in people posting long rear end essays which say things like "capitalist hell world" in them and also because a British person made it

This Literally the only good post I have seen about this stupid game after watching people bicker about for months.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

That's hilarious. My own schadenfreude is that I picked up Totally Reliable Delivery Service last year to play with my partner, we hated it.
Turns out it's a complete hit at my kid's school because it's really wacky and you can jump into online multiplayer really easily. My 8yo loves it and he doesn't care about actually delivering packages at all. I guess €7.50 well spent after all. :shobon:

I remember completing that game by flying a helicopter to the start of each mission and sticking the delivery in it, thereby skipping most of the wacky physics :cheeky:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

VS has cross save on console and the pc Xbox app.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Space Jam posted:

My favorite minigame is when you have to stuff the chicken into the duck into the turkey

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

aeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiou

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Are we going to get the straight shota game they showed at the direct?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The what

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lammasu posted:

:chloe:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

hatty posted:

The what

You know, the straight shota detective game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEdKfoxQWxQ

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
thank you, OP, for winning the Game Award for Most Whack Post of 2023, sponsored by XBOX Live

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1623773797017874434?s=20

:woof:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Thank you Phil

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Xbox stays winning. Pupper > PS5

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Space Jam posted:

use the Disco Elysium format

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hi, not sure if this is the right thread, anyone else having issues with the Back That Thing Up achievement for my gamepass dog? He's showing up as only having sniffed 15 other dog asses but im sure there were more than 15 dogs at the dog park. Is it possible some mutt breeds are not being counted properly by Microsoft as real dogs? Thanks in advance

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I have two Xboxes at home, will I receive two dogs or do I need to set one as my Home dog

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

do i get daily quest points each day i take it out for a walk?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Rare Achievement Obtained -- Man Bites Dog

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Does Rocket League have server connection issues? For the first 10 or 15 levels everything was fine but now EVERY time I play is a mess. It's constantly giving me slow network or disconnected network icons and the ball/cars jump all over the place. It's been doing it for about a week.

My ping is excellent, network stats are all excellent and no issues with regular internet or other games. Just Rocket League. I'm on Google Fiber.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Been working fine for me.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Best part about rocket league is trolling the try hards in casual games in the quick chat.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also worse thing about Rocket League is it's weird partying UI and other things. Once I started some competitive games and quick joined a party. I could not for the life of me figure out how to get out of it before the next game started (get out of the party OR competitive play). It's so stupidly convoluted (but so is most game UIs in general... the amount of options and passes and seasons and poo poo to do is crazy)

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Good. I really want a dog.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On Mission 8 now of Hi-Fi Rush. I am enjoying the story, music, characters, and combat, but I wish the levels were not so padded. They are too long, with a lot of the same puzzles, and platforming happening too often. I wish the levels were more unique and shorter. I find this game getting exhausting after each level and I need to take a break and come back to it the next day.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lammasu posted:

https://youtu.be/aaT3yrI3BuY

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Alchenar posted:

All this talk is just making me sad there aren't any good new Pirate games.

Tortuga isn't bad - it has the overworld map of Pirates! mixed with the combat of that old cardstock ship game.

I mean, it's not good, but I'll take a lot from a pirate game.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

BonoMan posted:

It's so stupidly convoluted (but so is most game UIs in general... the amount of options and passes and seasons and poo poo to do is crazy)

GaaS in a nutshell. Free-to-play games kind of have an excuse for it but when full priced games have all that poo poo... :sigh:

Atleast for the most part it's usually just cosmetics so you can skip past it all

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lammasu posted:

what’s straight shota mean? Straight shooter?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
When I go to download Madden it just tries to take me to the Microsoft store. Anyone else have that issue?

Edit: Restarted Xbox and it worked. Who'd have thought?

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 10, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

That's right.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It means that we finally found a new mod for ADTRW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It shouldn't have taken 3 chapters and over 5 hours but I'm finally able to do things in Yakuza Like a Dragon and it's fun now.

Substory spoilers: I just tried to assist in a birthing but it turned out to be a Yakuza family doing Adult Baby stuff. Me and a new father were dumbfounded, so we kicked their asses! But then the Yakuza adult babies and their wetnurse helped save his marriage. He sprinted to go have a heart to heart with his wife while me and the babies drank a celebratory milk out of baby bottles. Afterwards, they accosted me and forced to wear an adult-sized baby's diaper. I can now summon their adult-baby family Patriach to fight for me, using my phone's Poundtown feature.. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

Perry Mason Jar fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 10, 2023