Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's a spoiler to say there's an ivalice questline.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

*taps the Zenos sign*

They had his entire frame on billboards and the sides of busses and people still freaked about saying his name in his thread months after EW came out lol. Spoiler brain is terrifying

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Just drink enough so you never remember the spoiler

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i went through the game as unspoiled as possible when i started playing right before endwalker came out, and i appreciated not knowing any spoilers of where things would go including some of the stuff y'all are being annoying about how everyone should know. don't try to burn the entire building down because someone lightly chastised you

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I go on a full media blackout before I play stuff because I hate getting spoiled.

Getting upset at the word Dynamis (entirely meaningless until the exact part the spoiler would matter, when all is revealed), knowing you go to Sharlayan, a place plastered all over official media, or talking about Zenos (again, all over the official media) is absurd.

We're not talking about the bosses, or special guests at certain times of the game, or anything that could be a surprise to people.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I simply didn't read the threads until I finished the newest expac. One weird trick to avoid being spoiled.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I go on a full media blackout before I play stuff because I hate getting spoiled.

Getting upset at the word Dynamis (entirely meaningless until the exact part the spoiler would matter, when all is revealed), knowing you go to Sharlayan, a place plastered all over official media, or talking about Zenos (again, all over the official media) is absurd.

We're not talking about the bosses, or special guests at certain times of the game, or anything that could be a surprise to people.

the person who is getting jumped on rn literally only said "? Spoilers unmarked" and hasn't posted since, you're projecting a hell of a lot

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

flatluigi posted:

the person who is getting jumped on rn literally only said "? Spoilers unmarked" and hasn't posted since, you're projecting a hell of a lot

The spoilers unmarked was literally the word Dynamis.

And the other two were brought up as literal arguments we've seen in this thread or FC chat. It's not projecting anything but actual events.

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land
I read a spoiler once and it drat near killed me.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Spoiler? I barely even know 'er! Because I'm not at that point in the MSQ.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

flatluigi posted:

People stopped talking about that poster specifically after two posts and have been talking about other 'spoiler' panics we've had in this thread. Read the posts before talking about what you think someone is saying.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

flatluigi posted:

bad posts are bad, who knew

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

cant believe my autocorrect typo set this off

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

People stopped talking about that poster specifically after two posts and have been talking about other 'spoiler' panics we've had in this thread. Read the posts before talking about what you think someone is saying.

'people were jerking off about nothing at all' isn't better than 'people were getting hilariously wound up over someone posting two words' and i'm not sure why you think it's a good defense

Vitamean posted:

cant believe my autocorrect typo set this off

honestly i give it even odds the person who responded to you was making a joke in the first place lmao

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

stopping by to report that if you still have gshade installed it now displays this:

(look at the name specifically)

and that over the weekend I got the most king-hell gently caress-you catbook layout ever:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

fondly remembering the time someone got mad at me for spoilers for saying shadowbringers has six zones

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

flatluigi posted:

honestly i give it even odds the person who responded to you was making a joke in the first place lmao

rme knows I'd do the exact same thing if our roles were reversed

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Lmao at the mere mention of spoilers riling the thread up

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hexwren posted:

and that over the weekend I got the most king-hell gently caress-you catbook layout ever:

She passive-aggressively looks down on you for no line books all the time, it's only fair to hand this over and make Khloe wonder if you're actually messing with her.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

hexwren posted:

Close, but I think you win.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Emet-Selch is selching all over this plotline and I'm not liking it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

that one is admittedly also very good/bad

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Dareon posted:

Emet-Selch is selching all over this plotline and I'm not liking it.

I loved the bit where he said "It's Selching time" and Selched all over everyone

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Any selchers in the chat

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dryzen posted:

Any selchers in the chat

Selchin' makes me feel good.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Who need they emet selched

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dynamis Divergence sucks butt but it was at least trying to bring back the glory days of mid 00s hellzone Dynamis runs

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spuzzz posted:

There is a new version of that outfit you can get for a few rank ups in pvp. It is a bit darker, you can check it out at the Wolf’s Den.

Jesus I'm dumb I started wearing the Endwalker outfit and completely forgot I already have this. It was also the only glam I was wearing while leveling RDM lmao.

Looks like I avoid Eureka for another day.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The dyeable LotA bard set you can get with trophy crystals feels like it should be available for RDM as well as ranged DPS. It's even red already!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am still annoyed that made a whole bunch of not locked to class L1 glam Skyrat things and then never did it again.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

Dynamis Divergence sucks butt but it was at least trying to bring back the glory days of mid 00s hellzone Dynamis runs

Love to stand by the mog house killing goblins for three hours

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

hexwren posted:

i think i still win

flatluigi posted:

i should get bonus points for managing to gently caress this up this well

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

flatluigi posted:

i think i still win

Theirs is a "gently caress you" from the game. Yours needs an old priest and a young priest for an exorcism.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

flatluigi posted:

'people were jerking off about nothing at all' isn't better than 'people were getting hilariously wound up over someone posting two words' and i'm not sure why you think it's a good defense

Knowing rme that was definitely a joke.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Chillgamesh posted:

Love to stand by the mog house killing goblins for three hours

Me too, but only because even that method could absolutely gently caress you over. Old Dynamis was such a dickstomp

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Sorry to bother you all, but I've had the urge to get back into this game. The game has decided it doesn't want me back, though, and is giving me some grief I am too stupid to solve. Would this be an appropriate thread to obnoxiously ask for technical support in, or should I take that somewhere else.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

brainSnakes posted:

Sorry to bother you all, but I've had the urge to get back into this game. The game has decided it doesn't want me back, though, and is giving me some grief I am too stupid to solve. Would this be an appropriate thread to obnoxiously ask for technical support in, or should I take that somewhere else.

Ask away

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Alright. So, some really weird poo poo is crashing the game for me. Notably interacting with games in the Golden Saucer, or being in the mists. This is a problem because my character is currently in the mists, so what is happening is I'll try to log on, and the game will instantly kill itself the moment I load in. No error reports, just death. I've tried messing around with all the graphical settings to see if anything would help alleviate it, I did a clean install and erased the steam folder for the game. Nothing is helping.

My video card is an Nvidia GeForce gtx 1660, and this is the only game having any issues. Sorry for the bother, but I am not the most tech savvy nerdling around and this problem has gone deeper than my blow on the cartridge skillset is capable of handling.

Edit for VVVV: Wild. I'll try that next. :psyduck:

brainSnakes fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 10, 2023

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
My partner is running the game with a 1660, and a couple of patches ago her game would crash pretty much the same. We narrowed it down to the Steam overlay and once that was disabled it's worked well since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's was prominently shown off in the trailer you see when you load up the game even!

We'll be going to Meracydia eventually if the game keeps getting expacs