Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fortaleza posted:

I was working yesterday and missed everything, has anyone posted a recap of the cool stuff that's been announced?

Out now:
Metroid Prime remaster
GB/GBA games on Switch Online

Coming:
Advance Wars 1+2 remaster release date (April 21)
New Samba de Amigo
Pikmin 4 trailer
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom trailer
Xenoblade 3 DLC
Ghost Trick remaster
Deca Police, weird and cool looking detective game/RPG from Level-5
Fantasy Life sequel
We Love Katamari remaster with new content
Etrian Odyssey 1-3 remaster bundle
New Professor Layton
Mario Kart 8 Yoshi's Island course and Birdo
Baten Kaitos 1/2 remaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

JOHN CENA posted:

im sorry but if you're going to post here you need to challenge the other Dr. Kool-Aids to a kumite and retain name honor.

We have agreed a peaceful co existence. A c and a k makes all the difference. the kool kids klub has far more trouble getting custom shirts printed

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
PIKMIN 4

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Out now:
Metroid Prime remaster
GB/GBA games on Switch Online

Coming:
Advance Wars 1+2 remaster release date (April 21)
New Samba de Amigo
Pikmin 4 trailer
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom trailer
Xenoblade 3 DLC
Ghost Trick remaster
Deca Police, weird and cool looking detective game/RPG from Level-5
Fantasy Life sequel
We Love Katamari remaster with new content
Etrian Odyssey 1-3 remaster bundle
New Professor Layton
Mario Kart 8 Yoshi's Island course and Birdo
Baten Kaitos 1/2 remaster

there was a different detective game with dangan ronpa art that may be good as well

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

there was a different detective game with dangan ronpa art that may be good as well

Oh yeah that could be good too

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

elf help book posted:

RAIN CODE, and ya

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I keep wanting to call it Code Rain. Looks great. Fashion Dreamer isn't included in the list, which is some sort of dress-up simulator.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pungry posted:

I keep wanting to call it Code Rain. Looks great. Fashion Dreamer isn't included in the list, which is some sort of dress-up simulator.

fashion dreamer is being made by syn sophia, who also made the style savvy games, itll be good

also fun fact: syn sophia was once aki corporation, the wrestling game people

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
A Metroid Prime remaster and cool GB/GBA games and I've mostly played Alone in the Dark so far. There's barely any combat or game, but these graphics are so weird I just want to keep going deeper.

It takes multiple revolver shots to take out a spider, it rules

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've tried multiple times to get into EO games but usually get stonewalled. I'm gonna get these remasters most likely, maybe I should just play on Easy to figure it all out.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tato posted:

A Metroid Prime remaster and cool GB/GBA games and I've mostly played Alone in the Dark so far. There's barely any combat or game, but these graphics are so weird I just want to keep going deeper.

It takes multiple revolver shots to take out a spider, it rules

i cant stop playing it lol

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I've tried multiple times to get into EO games but usually get stonewalled. I'm gonna get these remasters most likely, maybe I should just play on Easy to figure it all out.

if you've never tried 5 I greatly recommend it as a starting point. tons of little stuff that makes it more interesting than the others, its honestly a little hard to go back after it and Nexus

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

this looks fun. how was the crayon shin-Chan game? It looked gorgeous and I kinda forgot it existed.

kinda short but fun.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’ve started EON a couple of times and am going to try again instead of picking up the remasters. I just find after the baby maze you start in it’s so tough. Been playing on hard mode as synthy recommended that to me before so I think I need to just try and think more about party synergies and stick with it.

The rising inn money also seems punishing so I’m always worried about that

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I’ve started EON a couple of times and am going to try again instead of picking up the remasters. I just find after the baby maze you start in it’s so tough. Been playing on hard mode as synthy recommended that to me before so I think I need to just try and think more about party synergies and stick with it.

The rising inn money also seems punishing so I’m always worried about that

Nexus on the other hand is an crazy starting point but its awesome. Rising inn cost barely matters, your income far outweighs it once you get a few dungeons in. I need to finish nexus, I got like 9 dungeons in and got sidetracked. I love my party in it. insane game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

if you've never tried 5 I greatly recommend it as a starting point. tons of little stuff that makes it more interesting than the others, its honestly a little hard to go back after it and Nexus

I think I've played uhh 4 and Nexus. And person Q

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

EO5 was great, probably my favorite EO to replay. Cool classes and nice labyrinths without the world map to take up time. I liked the world map the first time I played EO4 but on replays it kind of gets in the way of what I'm actually there for.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’ve already dropped a few hours each into both GB and GBA, this is a dream come true for me. Hope they don’t drip feed the updates like they do with N64, give me at least like three new GB games a month. I don’t want to wait a year to play Kirby Pinball.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NienNunb posted:

I’ve already dropped a few hours each into both GB and GBA, this is a dream come true for me. Hope they don’t drip feed the updates like they do with N64, give me at least like three new GB games a month. I don’t want to wait a year to play Kirby Pinball.

you will if nintendo wills it

----------------

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

NienNunb posted:

I hope they’ll end up doing 3 or 5 every month like they used to do with the NES/SNES ones but even then it might be like a year before we get to play Golden Sun. If they do one single GBA game a month I’m gonna freak.

----------------

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you will if nintendo wills it

You’re goddamn right, if Shiggy says jump I ask how high

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
nintendo decides what goes online by doing that toys r us super toy run deal, just running down an aisle and knocking boxes into a cart. I expect fish dude to show up before kirby pinball

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Golden Sun is ok, Lost Age is great, Dark Dawn was so bad I memory hole’d it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I loved Golden Sun 1 and 2 as a kid, probably some of the first "real" JRPGs I played other than like Pokemon, but I feel quite certain that I should not ever replay them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really liked golden sun when it came out even if it takes a while to get going in the beginning. i thought it was a good starter rpg for the handheld. magical vacation was also a good time but that was import only iirc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never played the Golden Sun games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For a really long time whenever people talked about wanting Isaac in Smash I thought they were talking about Binding of Isaac and not Golden Sun

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

For a really long time whenever people talked about wanting Isaac in Smash I thought they were talking about Binding of Isaac and not Golden Sun

they should both be in smash

----------------

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is a real treat reveal. I'm super excited to actually play it multiplayer for once.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Golden Sun always looked like a perfectly okay game that just happened release at the right time to grab people ten years younger than me in the same way FFIV did for me.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

P-Mack posted:

Golden Sun always looked like a perfectly okay game that just happened release at the right time to grab people ten years younger than me in the same way FFIV did for me.

yeah it seemed like a perfectly average JRPG but idk if there would be any point in playing it now

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I really liked Golden Sun a lot at launch. Replayed it a year or two ago and it's fine. The mind reading and the psynergy puzzles are fun and I like the big fighting tourney. The djinn system is kinda cool because you can effectively change your characters' classes midfight but it's also annoying because you have to choose between having an actual party build or using the djinn effects and summon system to its fullest. The summons were really cool for the time

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I loved Golden Sun 1 and 2 as a kid, probably some of the first "real" JRPGs I played other than like Pokemon, but I feel quite certain that I should not ever replay them

Same, it was my first jrpg that wasn't Pokemon or a Mario spinoff

----------------

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

We have agreed a peaceful co existence. A c and a k makes all the difference. the kool kids klub has far more trouble getting custom shirts printed

like a decade ago some friends and myself used a tag kansas kids club and when anyone would say we should spell club with a k we would all gang up on him and call him a racist piece of poo poo

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I never played the Golden Sun games

they're extremely half-baked lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

golden sun is a pretty dry jrpg but it came out after nintendo kids had just gone through a whole console generation with no jrpgs so yeah it hit a lot of people new to the genre or with lowered standards

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the first golden sun is tight, just a straightforward jrpg where you beat stuff up and find Better Sword. there arent enough games like that

the second golden sun is kind of a mess and has a lot of annoying poo poo

----------------

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

like a decade ago some friends and myself used a tag kansas kids club and when anyone would say we should spell club with a k we would all gang up on him and call him a racist piece of poo poo

lmao

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Golden Sun games were my first real non-licensed RPGs and they also introduced me to Motoi Sakuraba’s music so I have great memories of them but despite being hyped for them to come to Switch I know they’re probably decent at best. The class/summoning system is really neat though, and I’d love to see a newer game copy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The Golden Sun games were my first real non-licensed RPGs and they also introduced me to Motoi Sakuraba’s music so I have great memories of them but despite being hyped for them to come to Switch I know they’re probably decent at best. The class/summoning system is really neat though, and I’d love to see a newer game copy it.

The music and graphics kicked rear end. Some of the summon animations were super impressive for the GBA