Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can certainly be convicted of crimes posthumously and so I think there is a non zero possibility that some of them may have also been committed posthumously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1623754470516563969?s=19

Beans, no backside.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

English haggis

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

headline raises a great plurality of questions

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1623765309508165632

:toot:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

E:fb

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I guess Nadine standing down means that Boris now has a safe seat for the next election

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
It is fun seeing a government self destruct. I just wish we didn't have two more years of this madness before we can switch to a saner form of evil.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Time to buy some shares in Diageo.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

He's no gonna shag ye, Nads

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Find yourself someone who is devoted to you as Mad Nads is to Bojo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

I guess Nadine standing down means that Boris now has a safe seat for the next election

And the sheer stupidity of the Tory party will be slightly reduced so mission accomplished I guess

Rasler
Dec 30, 2008

fuctifino posted:

Not quite as safe as it used to be:

https://twitter.com/PollingReportUK/status/1623770488496324608

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Maybe we should have Nads fill in her Competency Development Framework before she goes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nadine Dorries has announced that she will stand down as an MP at the next election, blaming "sheer stupidity"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

He's no gonna shag ye, Nads

It's Bojo he fuckin might

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I genuinely think he already is, I cannot at all understand why she is so bananas for the man if they aren't in a relationship.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

OwlFancier posted:

I genuinely think he already is, I cannot at all understand why she is so bananas for the man if they aren't in a relationship.

Because she's remarkably, immensely, and uniquely thick.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

But like, he must reciprocate in some way, it's very weird to imagine that nadine dorries is yandere for boris johnson.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

OwlFancier posted:

When it comes to parliament, men who are into consensual relationships with adults are pretty thin on the ground so I guess you have to take what you can get

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Boris is absolutely a treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen fuckstick. Couple that with her being dumb as poo poo, it isn't hard to parse this.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

It is fun seeing a government self destruct. I just wish we didn't have two more years of this madness before we can switch to a saner form of evil.

I think we should be very careful not to conflate New New Labour's particular brand of Sensibleness with actual sanity - even relative sanity. They're just a somewhat different flavour of reality-averse weirdo.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Neoliberalism is essentially racing in a car straight towards a wall and you hit the accelerator harder five feet before you ram it, because hey, we haven't hit the wall yet, have we? The accelerator is just as good as the brake. Stop talking pedals down just because you don't like them.

So yes, insanity.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Pressing the brake 5 feet away won't achieve much. Depending on the wall, accelerating might be the better plan there.

Of course the best plan would be to have a car that knew there was a wall coming and had already braked to prevent the collision. Perhaps we should have an AI run the country.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Pressing the brake 5 feet away won't achieve much. Depending on the wall, accelerating might be the better plan there.

Of course the best plan would be to have a car that knew there was a wall coming and had already braked to prevent the collision. Perhaps we should have an AI run the country.

https://imgur.com/gallery/nuCGT

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Yes, that is to illustrate the half-century of bad and wrong choices that led you to be five feet away from the wall. Even the brake won't save you at this point.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Handshake meme between tesla self drive and the tories over "danger to children"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/BazakeMedia/status/1623264099306971138

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is he certain that it doesn't just give off ammonia gas as some kind of malison, and the piss was an attempt to stop it doing that?

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Any Thatcher-related iconography that's not covered in piss is incomplete.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A malison is when you got your job at the paup tormenting factory because your dad owns it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Just checking that everyone knows Bazake is a satire account....

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes I think it's a trevor bastard thing from the looks of it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sound plan, the country would end up in flames either way

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

A malison is when you got your job at the paup tormenting factory because your dad owns it.
malison pearson

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1623806875140497414

:allears:

This is one of my favourite satire sites

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean I do agree with him that we should have the death penalty, but specifically I think we should have it for malfeasance in a public office, and other similar offences, rather than stuff like murder.

Tough on politicians and on the causes of politicians.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Intellectual snobbery is when you look down your nose at people just because they believe in stupid loving poo poo, absolute braindead nonsense for cunts, and will not shut up about it.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

malison pearson
:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
It’s unfortunate that I do think Anderson is a decent reflection of a very decent (numerically, and in no other way) share of British people. If we want democracy to represent the views of the country then he’s actually a sensible option. Why that is is a different issue, and one that I’m not sure we’ve managed to articulate a good answer for. In any case, what a oval office.