Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Drakkel posted:

I love how these "Trades" are always like "Other Company gets 1 guy whose on the verge of retirement, WWE gets their entire main event scene"

the very idea of wrestling companies doing trades fills me with a weird rage. Like I get that its lovely nba trade deadline content produced by absolute loving cowards without any loving blood whatsoever, but agreements that are in any way comparable to the type of trading they make podcasts and tweets about are so much more complicated and interesting than that joke where you put a bunch of players into one of the trade salary cap calculator websites and say "who says no."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

the very idea of wrestling companies doing trades fills me with a weird rage. Like I get that its lovely nba trade deadline content produced by absolute loving cowards without any loving blood whatsoever, but agreements that are in any way comparable to the type of trading they make podcasts and tweets about are so much more complicated and interesting than that joke where you put a bunch of players into one of the trade salary cap calculator websites and say "who says no."

It reminds me of the funny memory of UFC and ONE trading Mighty Mouse for Ben Askren and both basically getting busts.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

coconono posted:

I wonder if Brad is like Vince Russo where he's just tolerable enough to catch a spouse who is the actual bread winner.

livin' the dream tbh

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/realjosemaximo/status/1623114601536659456?t=YLyp94rOP8LNNWgsO6gfKA&s=19

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I don't fully know the rights and wrongs of this, but the idea that someone would steal the truly terrible name "Spanish Announce Project" confounds me.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Has anyone pointed out that SAP more then likely comes from the SAP function on TVs, which is normally how you'd hear the Spanish broadcast of a show?
Because I'm not sure if the dummy is intentionally ignoring that or feels they genuinely invented the concept of wrestlers on commentary who still wrestle and speak spanish.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Lolling at someone thinking Serpentic struggles to "get over." As if he isn't the AEW Champion in waiting. Some people don't even watch the product.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Coolness Averted posted:

Has anyone pointed out that SAP more then likely comes from the SAP function on TVs, which is normally how you'd hear the Spanish broadcast of a show?
Because I'm not sure if the dummy is intentionally ignoring that or feels they genuinely invented the concept of wrestlers on commentary who still wrestle and speak spanish.

That has been explicitly mentioned in Dark, yes

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

MJeff posted:

I'm so loving unbelievable tilted that there's gonna be a wrestling PPV in Detroit, in Ford Field, in Summer and it's not Forbidden Door or All Out but fuckmothering SummerSlam.

Yeah...but look at the bright side, there's likely going to be some good indie shows that weekend!

But yeah, Tony teasing the Detroit crowd with a pape did not go how I expected

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Secondary Audio Program

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Taxman posted:

Yeah...but look at the bright side, there's likely going to be some good indie shows that weekend!

But yeah, Tony teasing the Detroit crowd with a pape did not go how I expected

He loving said he was gonna hold a Forbidden Door here and if he doesn't deliver, I will send angry tweets at him. :mad:

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

The SATs are right

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/LovesToSpougeee/status/1623346931413000195

when you definitely like wrestling

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
LovesToSpougeee

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love this interaction in the replies

https://twitter.com/realjosemaximo/status/1623132906091577345

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
All press is good press for Angelico, Serpentico, and Doctor Luther.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/fauxry/status/1621852604601868293?t=jwvtngTUo_dgmA0XDiJd1A&s=19

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

they really think they're too good for Coronation Street eh

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

just watch saturday night live

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Venomous posted:

they really think they're too good for Coronation Street eh

typical eastenders fans

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

coconono posted:

just watch saturday night live

I was going to make a joke about an SNL fan who thinks SNL has too much sketch comedy on it, but the analogy kinda makes sense. SNL is a sketch comedy show for people who hate sketch comedy the same way WWE is a wrestling show for people who hate wrestling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I like the implication from the first tweet that McMahon accidentally booked Bryan to fall in love with AEW and leave WWE

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1glitch0 posted:

I was going to make a joke about an SNL fan who thinks SNL has too much sketch comedy on it, but the analogy kinda makes sense. SNL is a sketch comedy show for people who hate sketch comedy the same way WWE is a wrestling show for people who hate wrestling.

I only watch the NFL for the sideline interviews

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's wild how much WWE's taught it's fan to hate wrestling.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

It's wild how much WWE's taught it's fan to hate wrestling.

It’s not really that wild because I don’t know how anyone who loves wrestling could have stuck with the product for the past 10 years

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

They're just people who missed the transition into consuming fiction aimed at adults and are trapped watching wrestling until they die even though they don't like it

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If only there was something on TV with drama and characters that didn't have all this stupid wrestling wasting my time! IF ONLY THERE WAS ANOTHER WAY.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Drakkel posted:

If only there was something on TV with drama and characters that didn't have all this stupid wrestling wasting my time! IF ONLY THERE WAS ANOTHER WAY.

That stuff doesn't have video packages and commentary teams dedicated to explaining what is happening at all times

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

That stuff doesn't have video packages and commentary teams dedicated to explaining what is happening at all times

They could turn on the description function

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Spanish soap operas basically do all of that, we've solved it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I dunno, have you ever watched the rookie

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Reality TV is wall to wall voiceovers and recaps

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

NOTE: THIS IS NOT REAL

also "Shunsuke"

I mean, Shunsuke Nakamura was an exceptional taker of free kicks when he played for Celtic back in the day, but he's been retired for years.

I'm not sure if being pretty good at association football would translate to wrestling either, to be honest.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

I mean, Shunsuke Nakamura was an exceptional taker of free kicks when he played for Celtic back in the day, but he's been retired for years.

I'm not sure if being pretty good at association football would translate to wrestling either, to be honest.

he manages Yokohama FC now, imagine the young-boys-getting-beaten-up spots they can do with all of them at ringside

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

They're just people who missed the transition into consuming fiction aimed at adults and are trapped watching wrestling until they die even though they don't like it

And after all these years of absolute garbage time filler, they think the bloodline is the best WWE has done in all history of wrestling in the world.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Davros1 posted:

I only watch the NFL for the sideline interviews

aditi ftw

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

And after all these years of absolute garbage time filler, they think the bloodline is the best WWE has done in all history of wrestling in the world.

Guy does a face turn and it’s the greatest story ever told

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Their social media could be better but he seems a bit worked up.

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1623779676203384832?s=20&t=39bBBCjq5wRk6YhYBt9w7w

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TK hasn't figured out that blue checkmarks aren't for clouthavers anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tony Khan's greatest strength and weakness is being a poster.