Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm a stickler for clarity so if it were me and it said [kerrzhe x 0] i'd say "i've got no EXTRA lives left"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

HopperUK posted:

How is the life you're living right now not a life!

..are you okay
If I have three apples in a box and I grab one apple, how many apples are left?

You: three

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Volte posted:

Left in the box or left in *existence*?

actually I see your point

What about Mario games where you say you have X number of Marios left. Is each life therefore its own Mario, complete in itself, a full and distinct Mario?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX5h21aTlw0

i didn't know this show had a JRPG theme song lol

edit: the sax makes it less so but the beginning

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Limited lives mechanics are dated and bad anyway

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Volte posted:

One, there's only ever been one apple. All apples we supposedly interact with are shadows of the true apple.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Propaganda Hour posted:

I mean it's no Metroid Prime Remaster, but it'll do

If only they had done to Jet Force Gemini what they did with Dinosaur Planet. Only instead of Star Fox it's Metroid, cut out the guy, turn the girl into Samus and keep the dog.

Bam, now Samus has a dog named Lupus. The rest of the franchise continues as normal in this timeline, just with a dog who can use a gun always comes along.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If only they had done to Jet Force Gemini what they did with Dinosaur Planet. Only instead of Star Fox it's Metroid, cut out the guy, turn the girl into Samus and keep the dog.

Bam, now Samus has a dog named Lupus. The rest of the franchise continues as normal in this timeline, just with a dog who can use a gun always comes along.

Considering current trends in video game this is probably gonna happen regardless, just look at Pikmin 4.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

This is peak protagonist design right here, folks. Love this orb.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

If you don't accept the free dog then the dog is placed in a furnace and destroyed.

Can I save the dog by unsubbing? Ethical consumption these days is ruff

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Draga posted:

This is peak protagonist design right here, folks. Love this orb.

Spectacled Bongoomba

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
No, but it’s a carbon neutral furnace.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Metroid Prime Remastered is brill and very pretty

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

If you don't accept the free dog then the dog is placed in a furnace and destroyed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Khanstant posted:

Can I save the dog by unsubbing? Ethical consumption these days is ruff

Subscribe to game pass or we shoot this dog

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Buschmaki posted:

The Hogwarts thread slaps

been hearing this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Buschmaki posted:

The Hogwarts thread slaps

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lmao

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
As a trans lady, I wish people would please stop focusing on the trans aspect of the game. I'm sure the lovely game isn't really transphobic.

But like it does include the antisemitic Jewish standins by the clearly antisemitic author. Like, lots of TERFs Rowling hangs out with are huge antisemites and she liked LibsofTikTok for supporting loving Kanye West. Like... it's a really bad choice in the actual game it seems.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently people are being banned from the official Discord server for talking about being Jewish

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the antisemitic stuff is more likely a product of the original head developer and his team than rowling’s original material, he runs one of those right wing culture war youtube channels and probably thought it would be a laugh to play up that part of the setting

just an ugly, ugly situation

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Oxxidation posted:

the antisemitic stuff is more likely a product of the original head developer and his team than rowling’s original material, he runs one of those right wing culture war youtube channels and probably thought it would be a laugh to play up that part of the setting

oh no, my man.

the original material is absolutely one hundred percent the greedy jew trope. like, pitch perfect, older than the roman empire, hook nose, sharp teeth, runs the banks, you literally can't do it any harder.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently people are being banned from the official Discord server for talking about being Jewish

found the tweet
https://twitter.com/chaoticgaythey/status/1623054542429364225?s=20
apparently they were later banned
https://twitter.com/chaoticgaythey/status/1623357825140269056?s=20

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

Troy Leavitt wasn't a writer. And "his team" weren't writers either, nor are they scumbags like he was. I don't think he even had any direct reports.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjS_aVrfzk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I need to buy Forspoken to make up for having watched this

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFm6t2ysV4c
Bro sent me this, kinda digging it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haveblue posted:

Launching cats into space? Yeah, ok, that’s something we do now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

Forspoken is a true catte game. I have a house full of them now, there are like 30 :catdrugs:

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Finished FF3 today, the ending was sorta cool after having played through the Crystal Tower quests in 14. I guess the reverse of how you would be expected to do it haha. Enjoyed the game though!

Have started on FF4 and it's absolutely great. I am really enjoying the focus on the story this time. I feel like all of the first 4 games so far have really had their own different identity and I love that.

This series rules...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bovis posted:

Finished FF3 today, the ending was sorta cool after having played through the Crystal Tower quests in 14. I guess the reverse of how you would be expected to do it haha. Enjoyed the game though!

Have started on FF4 and it's absolutely great. I am really enjoying the focus on the story this time. I feel like all of the first 4 games so far have really had their own different identity and I love that.

This series rules...

:D You are ahead of me by three games but this makes me happy to hear. I have played the back lot and one of my favourite things about them is how distinct they all are. Even the direct sequel to FFX is stylistically so different to it.

Best video game franchise :hai:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Timeless Appeal posted:

As a trans lady, I wish people would please stop focusing on the trans aspect of the game. I'm sure the lovely game isn't really transphobic.

But like it does include the antisemitic Jewish standins by the clearly antisemitic author. Like, lots of TERFs Rowling hangs out with are huge antisemites and she liked LibsofTikTok for supporting loving Kanye West. Like... it's a really bad choice in the actual game it seems.

yeah that's a fair point, the antisemitism baked right into the plot is nuts and a more clear indictment of the game than any vague connection to JK Rowling.

that being said pulling a publicity stunt and having a trans character to try and save face but also naming her sirona Ryan is just...:crabcourse:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

VideoGames posted:

Best video game franchise :hai:

At being boring and too many

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've been finding it difficult to game for the last couple of weeks due to personal poo poo so I've decide to take a break from The Last Remnant and instead go for some FPS action with Resistance 2. The first chapter has a really cool moment where you spend most of it in an underwater facility but then near the end you reach the surface and bam your on the banks of the bay next to the Golden Gate Bridge and the sky is filled with a fuckton of giant invading alien ships and all of a sudden your in a warzone and it was really dang cool.

The game is a fairly average shooter so far except they've changed the colour scale from the previous game from brown to orange. Everything is so very orange.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

verbal enema posted:

At being boring and too many

:prepop:

Yeah they are not for everyone, but for me, they are peachy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

everyone knows about the brown age but the short lived orange period has been long forgotten. we can't afford to let haze be forgotten, imo

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

aweosme...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Korn, who released their debut in 1994, has sold more than 30 million records worldwide, releasing seven consecutive multi-platinum selling albums. Their latest untitled album was released in July of this year, debuting at #2 on the US album charts and #3 on the European album charts. Lead singer Jonathan Davis has often mentioned a love for video games, including games from Ubisoft like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® 2.

"Gaming for me is a religion and Haze is the poo poo!" said Jonathan Davis. "I had to come up with a track that can hit up that kind of rush I get from the game and I think we really rocked it!!"