Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
og tsukihime could benefit a lot from a new tl but there is something a little charming about the most weird independent one-off work from type-moon before they ever got big being the one with the most equally weird and rough translation done by a small group of fans before they ever got big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
all that reminds me of is the terminology in old school cybering which I stereotypically assume the people who do fan-tls are probably aware of

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
It’s weird to me that after all this time they still haven’t done a modern movie/season of the Fate Saber route like the other two. The female lead is the face of the franchise. Like half their income is based on getting people to pay for jpegs and plushes and statues of King Arthur in a bikini. It just seems like such a no brainer business decision.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

symbolic posted:

well Europeans game devs are all pervert freaks so

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s because the fate arc is mostly just setup

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Also their income is gatcha pulls now

sube
Nov 7, 2022

The Colonel posted:

not that the original prose behind those is particularly genius but i think it's the early 2000s fan tl quality that pushes them into being so funny

oh it's probably a very literal translation, but i find it quite charming. the alternative is quite boring scenes so i prefer it. though, the fantl of tsukihime i find quite good or at least i didn't notice anything wrong, but i can't speak japanese so i can't really check if it holds up or not

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

galagazombie posted:

It’s weird to me that after all this time they still haven’t done a modern movie/season of the Fate Saber route like the other two. The female lead is the face of the franchise. Like half their income is based on getting people to pay for jpegs and plushes and statues of King Arthur in a bikini. It just seems like such a no brainer business decision.

Nasu apparently talked about this at some point and IIRC what it came down to was while he’d like one, he feels it would require a lot of rewriting

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Exia posted:

Nasu apparently talked about this at some point and IIRC what it came down to was while he’d like one, he feels it would require a lot of rewriting

I thought it more specifically that he would want to be heavily involved in the rewrite/translation and right now his plate is overflowing with work and its nowhere near the top of the priority list.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean it's no visual novel where you accidentally walk in on someone in the shower and then they yell Yaaaaaaaaaah.
you're right, itd be a lot better if it was

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Endorph posted:

you're right, itd be a lot better if it was

I mean instead of walking in on the shower and seeing that you instead walk in on the shower and see Judy's ex girlfriend dead in a bathtub. So it might be better, certainly less traumatic.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

what are we talking about?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Namtab posted:

what are we talking about?

Whether or not Cyberpunk 2077 would be a better game if there was a scene where you walk into a shower and see someone naked.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:yikes:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey you asked.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

talking in the corner to myself about bathtub murder victims and getting affronted when someone checks in on what i'm talking in the corner to myself about

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Patware posted:

talking in the corner to myself about bathtub murder victims and getting affronted when someone checks in on what i'm talking in the corner to myself about

Next season's incredibly budget old man anime, duh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean instead of walking in on the shower and seeing that you instead walk in on the shower and see Judy's ex girlfriend dead in a bathtub. So it might be better, certainly less traumatic.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
man this anime sure is seasonal huh

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
onimai was crazy good this week

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
its not even thursday... you faker!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
maybe one day, a tsukihime anime will be made

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is there a gas leak

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Who cares we got Maplethulu this week in Bofuri.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Detheros posted:

Who cares we got Maplethulu this week in Bofuri.

And Sally getting ever closer to fully embracing that this is just what Maple does.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Atrocity tentacles or hydra tentacles? Which will reign supremely :cthulhu:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Atrocity tentacles or hydra tentacles? Which will reign supremely :cthulhu:

Why not have both?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

its not even thursday... you faker!

It is now

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
pregaming anime via animator and sakugabro tweets

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

ungulateman posted:

man this anime sure is seasonal huh

Of the 10 shows I wanted to check out, I've only watched 2 first episodes. My anime viewing has fallen off a cliff this season, thanks schedule.

Did manage to finish Texhnolyze though so that's cool.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Tomo-chad is one of the pleasant surprises of the season

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Tomo onee-san

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Tomo onee-san

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seems the dub VA for Thorfinn from Vinland Saga has been up to some pretty horrific poo poo:

https://twitter.com/averysmithhart/status/1623797236542103553?s=46&t=opIb4UMiHzVe2jE16HpaJQ

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
New info on the Helck anime, including a teaser visual and a PV
https://twitter.com/Helck_anime/status/1623939830039351296?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ijvF-WOQ4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have no opinion on the possible sex criminality but something about writing it as s*x is making me laugh hysterically. it reminds me of a Gaia online post. i need to stop reading the forums when I'm sleepy

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Larry Parrish posted:

i have no opinion on the possible sex criminality but something about writing it as s*x is making me laugh hysterically. it reminds me of a Gaia online post. i need to stop reading the forums when I'm sleepy

honestly it seems like the only thing that accomplishes is getting around word filters for people who decided they wanted to not see certain things that might gently caress with them

like you know they're going to talk about sexual assault or suicide if you star out one letter lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Southern Cassowary posted:

honestly it seems like the only thing that accomplishes is getting around word filters for people who decided they wanted to not see certain things that might gently caress with them

like you know they're going to talk about sexual assault or suicide if you star out one letter lol

yeah it's the most useless version of that I've ever seen lol.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I thought it was because the algorithm will reduce visibility if it detects terms like sex or suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

he's not nearly ugly enough