Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anyone know how much of a pain it is to do a party in Gloomhaven for one person playing on Steam and one on Epic? Like is it just "Go to server browser, type in lobby name & password" or should I just bite the bullet and buy the game on Epic insteaad? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Russad posted:

Wow, been looking forward to playing that knitting game, Loom Eternal.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

My brother wants to try some Warhammer 40K games and I suggested the 2011 Space Marine game. Can someone tell me why the only way to play a 10 year old game is to now spend $70 USD on the anniversary edition? The last time I glanced at Space Marine on the storefront it was about ten bucks. And all the extra cash is for cosmetic and multiplayer dlc for a game with dead servers.

lmao I never heard that happened and looked it up and lol

quote:

This Anniversary Edition of the game includes for the first time
• The original launch trailer

Wow!!

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

The 7th Guest posted:

Crystals of Irm

You ever play a game and think "This is so clearly a game made by the dev FOR themselves that I'm not sure if I'm even supposed to play this"? COI is the oddest thing I've played so far in the Next Fest. It combines an Ultima-looking overworld, with first person towns/dungeons that feel kind of half-finished, and a bizarre battle system that involves you rapidly tapping your character from tile to tile around a grid to build up your character's ATB gauge, at which point they throw an attack onto a tile on the field that you 'attack' to deal damage to an enemy or build up your mana for a magic attack. It's so strange but it's fascinating. You're just thrown into the world in this demo and left to figure everything out yourself.

Tried this out and yeah, what a bizarre game that's very charming in its weirdness. While the combat system is pretty cool, I particularly liked how whenever you're at a campfire or a shop or whatever, the camera zooms out and shows your whole party chit-chatting: really nice touch that makes you more attached to them. Unfortunately, I had a real rough time with this game: navigating the menus can be very confusing, the amount of encounters can be pretty severe and pace-killing, and I got hardlocked in combat when my cursor somehow spawned out-of-bounds and couldn't get back into the combat area, meaning I was unable to pick up any of the generated combat tokens to do any damage: wasn't even able to fix it by reloading, I had to restart completely. So yeah, hoping this can get polished up.

Arrinien
Oct 22, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Anyone know how much of a pain it is to do a party in Gloomhaven for one person playing on Steam and one on Epic? Like is it just "Go to server browser, type in lobby name & password" or should I just bite the bullet and buy the game on Epic insteaad? :ohdear:

The host generates a lobby code, anyone joining inputs the code. I play a mixed steam/epic group several times a week, it's really easy.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I made a Pizza Tower thread because the game is incredible.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Arrinien posted:

The host generates a lobby code, anyone joining inputs the code. I play a mixed steam/epic group several times a week, it's really easy.

Thanks!

Always wanted to play the boardgame and finally found someone to play the videogame with at least so :toot:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Glitch Busters

It doesn't always happen but sometimes I whiff on a game that I think is gonna be neat. (yes i'm that full of myself) Glitch Busters looked pretty cool from its initial trailers at E3, but in execution it's kinda... flacid. I do think it was unfairly compared to Splatoon when it's not really Splatoon gameplay other than being a third-person shooter, but what IS fair to say is that this game is slow and easy. Way too slow, way too easy. It is a co-op game which means you have 3 AI pals if you play solo, but you don't need them at all. Enemies have almost no aggression, no AI. The boss of the stage in the demo has only one attack they do over and over until you get their health down to half, at which point they also do a 'wave' attack sometimes. You could probably play through this demo half-asleep. I ended up removing this from my wishlist.

I Am Future

I Am Future's demo manages enough to keep the game on my wishlist for now, although I wonder what the full campaign will be like. As it stands, it's a decent but unspectacular craft/harvest game that appeals to the part of me that enjoys games like Dysmantle (only this game doesn't have combat per se, at least it doesn't seem that way), where you slowly acquire tools and then use them to break things down and then upgrade those tools to break tougher things down. Nowhere near as physics based, however. It's fine, it's just not amazing.

WitchSpring R

I don't know on this one. Yes, it's cozy and has a lot of gathering, there's turn based battles and you make stuff at a cauldron, but it's got nothing on Atelier (and also it has none of the actual alchemy mechanics core to the Atelier series). This is to Atelier what Earthlock was to FF7. It feels like a game that started on mobile (as the rest of the series apparently has been on mobile first), so the maps are small and bare of details and you fight the same enemy types a lot. I think there's just not enough here compared to much better and more ambitious indie RPGs.

Teslagrad 2

I have "you're old" news for you: the original Teslagrad came out 10 years ago. Now, indie games have evolved a lot in that time, and I think it's interesting in both positive and negative ways that Teslagrad 2.. really hasn't. Now, the art has gotten a facelift in the environments for sure, although the characters now being 3DCG with 2D animation timing... look, this is not Studio Orange or Spiderverse. It's not going to fool a lot of people. I guess it's a wash when compared to the original game's slightly clunky hand drawn animation, though.

You get the blink ability right off the bat (instead of in the second half of the original game), and magnetization soon after. The first game was confused for a Metroidvania because of it taking place in one singular world but was otherwise linear... the sequel is similar with only slight path divergence in how you get from point A to point B.

I think what makes it feel a bit antiquated is that indie games have done a lot in recent years to make controls in puzzle platformers feel more fluid; but Teslagrad stays firmly in the past. No animation transitions, a slow walk animation despite the fact that you're moving around quite quickly, some awkward feeling jumps when magnetized, and the same exact style of puzzly level design as the original game. If you still love Teslagrad then this should be fine for you. But I was kind of expecting something more evolutionary after 10 years, and Teslagrad 2 feels like it came from a 2013 time capsule.

Added to Wishlist: None (but I Am Future was and remains on it)
Removed from Wishlist: Teslagrad 2, Glitch Busters
Up Next: Valfaris: Mecha Therion, Slave Zero X, Affogato, COVEN, Nocturnal, System Shock. I also have demos to play that others have covered, such as Full Void, Grim Guardians, Benedict Fox, Radio the Universe, and Rusted Moss.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 9, 2023

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I just finished my playthrough of Excavation of Hob's Barrow. A fun little game, great atmosphere and look. Maybe could've used some better progression because now effectively the first half of the game feels like just doing fetch quests and the other is solely solving puzzles in a crypt. But that's a minor nitpick. I really enjoyed it and recommend for everyone who wants some oldschool adventure gaming with a foreboding atmosphere.

The ending made me loving miserable though, although I realize they were going for a Lovecraftian story and they never end well for the protagonists.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jack Trades posted:

The reasonable way to play that game is either get it on GOG or to ask some sailors for help.

Shenmue?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

FutureCop posted:

Gestalt: Steam & Cinder - COOL - Pretty polished and cool Metroidvania with a story focus where you explore a steampunk city as a roguish lady merc, picking up misc bounties/quests while doing your main mission which has you uncovering relics of some mysterious civilization with void powers and maybe you have some connection to the past or future or something. Combat has you use sword moves to build up energy for fancy bullets that can hurt or stun while ducking or roll through well-telegraphed attacks.

Just want to say that I got around to this and it is, indeed, extremely good. I'm really weary of "Metroidvania-types" games using the 16-32 bit aesthetics at this point but this one was super solid. The movement felt right, the combat is meaty, the sound design is good and it looks fantastic. It's hard to get an idea of what the writing is like based off of the demo but it seemed decent enough. Wishlisted it immediately after.

If you're not a big fan of these games or are just tired of them in general I'd still give this one a looksee, it might surprise you like it did to me.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Arc Hammer posted:

My brother wants to try some Warhammer 40K games and I suggested the 2011 Space Marine game. Can someone tell me why the only way to play a 10 year old game is to now spend $70 USD on the anniversary edition? The last time I glanced at Space Marine on the storefront it was about ten bucks. And all the extra cash is for cosmetic and multiplayer dlc for a game with dead servers.

It's been in a few bundles over the years, so your best bet might be to go to SA-mart and make a wanted thread. I'm sure someone's got it in their massive library.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

lol, I got Space Marine for like 5 bucks (along with about twenty games) as part of the THQ bankrupcy bundle back in the day

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I have mixed feelings on Doom Eternal. On the one hand, you can see the outline of Doom 2016 with all the cool things that made that one stand out in its own way. On the other hand, the game refuses to let you be confused. It's nuts the extent to which it has this "modern gaming" varnish all over it. Also, the Marauder is such a retardedly designed enemy that I have no idea how it squeezed through the design phase.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 9, 2023

Weedle
May 31, 2006

come on. really?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Blattdorf posted:

I have mixed feelings on Doom Eternal. On the one hand, you can see the outline of Doom 2016 with all the cool things that made that one stand out in its own way. On the other hand, the game refuses to let you be confused. It's nuts the extent to which it has this "modern gaming" varnish all over it. Also, the Marauder is such a retardedly designed enemy that I have no idea how it squeezed through the design phase.

Actually the Marauder fights rock. Skill issue.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Blattdorf posted:

Just because you're such a little slur-using loser I'm gonna go kill some marauders. Git gud.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Civvie11 put up a video recently on the first Unreal. It's been forever since I played through the game, but the Skarrj reminded me so strongly of the marauder. They do the same scary back-up-and-circle-stafe move which immediately caught my attention. Civvie pointed out that the Skarrj were programmed by a dude that wrote bot scripting for Quake which modeled human behavior like zone and resource control, air control, switching weapons based on engagement distance, and splash damage utilization. All the things that human players were doing at the time in competitive games, and it was terrifying and effective. It's almost surprising that this stuff isn't more common 25 years later.

So yeah, skill issue

https://youtu.be/5PtU2stZK0M

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Could you give a timestamp for the Skarrj discussion? I don't have the attention span to watch a one hour video and the stamps are based on the stages.

EDIT: Thanks, and for anyone who's curious, he does not go into it in any more depth than Propaganda Hour did above.

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 10, 2023

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
To be fair, as much as I consider Doom Eternal as my game of the universe, I am a little surprised at how much it forces tons of tutorials popups on you that explicitly point out enemy weaknesses: you'd think that would be something we'd figure out with experimentation! I typically hate that kind of handholding, but something about the way it was delivered made me not mind it in the slightest for Doom Eternal.

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Could you give a timestamp for the Skarrj discussion? I don't have the attention span to watch a one hour video and the stamps are based on the stages.

He first mentions it in the beginning of "The Mines" chapter, around 14:52 (or if you're really impatient, around 15:58 is exactly when he starts talking about it)

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 9, 2023

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Blattdorf posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

While I don’t agree with your choice of language, or even have much of an issue with the Marauders in general, I do agree that Doom Eternal is a confusing game. At launch I found it utterly exhilarating, thought it was the most hype poo poo ever. But I struggle to go back to it. Didn’t really enjoy a recent attempt at another play through and in the back half especially, there are lengthy sections that I just dread the thought of re-playing.

By contrast I play Doom 2016 at least once a year and love it every time.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Propaganda Hour posted:

Civvie11 put up a video recently on the first Unreal. It's been forever since I played through the game, but the Skarrj reminded me so strongly of the marauder. They do the same scary back-up-and-circle-stafe move which immediately caught my attention. Civvie pointed out that the Skarrj were programmed by a dude that wrote bot scripting for Quake which modeled human behavior like zone and resource control, air control, switching weapons based on engagement distance, and splash damage utilization. All the things that human players were doing at the time in competitive games, and it was terrifying and effective. It's almost surprising that this stuff isn't more common 25 years later.

So yeah, skill issue

Thanks for sharing! That's really interesting, the Skaarj really were amazing and memorable opponents and I legit can't think of an enemy in a FPS that I've played since that offered a similar experience. (did not play Doom Eternal to compare them to the Marauder)

also it's a goddamned tragedy what happened to the franchise

Estel
May 4, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

So yeah, skill issue

AfricanBootyShine posted:

EDIT: Thanks, and for anyone who's curious, he does not go into it in any more depth than Propaganda Hour did above.

To this day I still remember that first encounter against the Skarrj and in 1998 that was terrifying. A terrifying hyper aggressive enemy that moved like no other enemy moved before .

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Demos!

Good:

Stories from the Outbreak

Tactics RPG roguelike in a zombie city. This one is solid - the muted colors with the 16-bit graphics is a great look, the music kicks, the upgrades feel impactful and there's decent variety. Strong recommend.

Worth Trying:

Full Void

Pixel animated platform constant-death game in the vein of Out of this World / Heart of Darkness. If you like those it's worth a look, although the slow run speed is kind of annoying.

Whisker Squadron: Survivor

Starfox-like, but I guess it's a roguelike? Have not played the original so I don't know how this compares, but I liked Starfox and this looks and plays pretty similar. Unlike Starfox though it doesn't have lock on and it's very hard to aim without. Also whenever you gain a level the game pauses for the level up ability choice, which feels weirdly jarring.

Dungeons of Aether

You draft dice against an enemy and assign them to your stats for the round, This one actually felt innovative, you have a lot of options for how to spend your dice so there's some interesting decision making. The problem is though, a lot of rounds end up with a stalemate where neither you nor the opponent can land a hit, so you just play a thing that raises your stats next round, and the enemy does the same thing. And this doesn't seem like a rare occurrence either, it's right in the second tutorial battle, and then keeps happening in the next several fights, so it just feels like a slog.

Pocket Planet

Cute puzzle game similar in aesthetic to Dorfromantik, but more goal oriented. You get random pieces to try to achieve specific goals, which kind of works at first but breaks on the more complicated later levels. Definitely felt like a work in progress.

Cardboard Town

Pleasant little town builder where you have a deck full of building cards that you can play. Strangely where you place buildings doesn't seem to matter at all, but the card play and resource balancing was a nice enough puzzle anyway. Then there's these random 'troubles' that just drain your resources or hinder you in some way, not sure how I feel about those. I liked it enough to play til the end of the demo at least.

Takara Cards

Stylish and with good music, might have potential but it didn't click for me. You are playing cards to move and attack around a 3x3 grid, and it just didn't seem like there was much to it, there's a ton of mechanics that didn't seem to amount to anything special. But maybe it will get better?

Inkbound

The Monster Train devs. Turn based, gridless tactics roguelite. Seems like a lot of potential for complex character builds and making broken combos, but the combat was not interesting. The voice acting and writing was very annoying for how little there was.

Darkest Dungeon 2

I played a lot of the first game for not having enjoyed it very much, so I'm not sure this game is for me. It is lovely though, at least in terms of how it portrays horrifying stuff. Though I'm not sure I want to watch the wagon driving around for 30 seconds at a time in between encounters.

Not great but hey maybe the game might still be good:

Townseek

I think I tried it because it looked cute, and it is cute. The game is just moving back and forth on a tiny map and clicking towns to buy and sell goods. Not my kind of thing.

Super Auto Battlemon

It's an auto battlemon. You choose 4 monsters and the order they stand in, and you can play consumable items to help them but that's about it. I think they get stronger if they share element types with each other, but I can't figure out exactly what's going on and there's not much in the way of tutorial or reference. Maybe worth trying if you're into the genre?

Arcadian Atlas

Tactics game inspired by (wait for it) Final Fantasy Tactics. I like the art and the mechanics could be promising, but it just plays very slow and clunky.

Lakeburg Legacies

Cozy village builder with a heavy focus on matchmaking your villagers. Doesn't seem like there's much game there yet.

Skip:

Racine

Auto battler, a little bit of deckbuilding but you play cards in real time. Fought the same enemy 10 times then lost interest.

Roots of Yggdrasil

Town builder, nice art but otherwise did not do anything to grab me and also seemed very slow.

Lilium Reach

Zoomed out exploration platformer with mouse-aim shooting. Not much to say.

Bleak Sword DX

Super low fi brawler with fancy post processing. Didn't grab me.

Shattered Heaven

Deckbuilder; nothing new and it locked up after the second battle.

Creeping Deck

Deckbuilder; nothing new and wildly imbalanced.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
These events are always a reminder to me of how many talented people there are out there putting their hearts and souls into things barely anyone will know.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Hey folks, the game I spent the last three and a half years working on is done! It's called Waves of Steel, and it's a ridiculous build-your-own-warship arcade naval combat game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FDsHyXf7k0

It's on sale for $15 for the rest of this week!

Is sliding horizontally at 200 knots supposed to be your primary form of movement, because it sure as poo poo is mine

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

These events are always a reminder to me of how many talented people there are out there putting their hearts and souls into things barely anyone will know.

Man, ain't that the truth. It is a fantastic time to be a gamer though. We're spoiled for choice.

The Mattybee posted:

Is sliding horizontally at 200 knots supposed to be your primary form of movement, because it sure as poo poo is mine

Congrats on figuring that out! I watched a streamer play the game for five hours and he only ever used the drift special to make sharp turns. Combining specials like that is 100% intentional, though for my money, combining the drift with the ram is easier to control.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Congrats on figuring that out! I watched a streamer play the game for five hours and he only ever used the drift special to make sharp turns. Combining specials like that is 100% intentional, though for my money, combining the drift with the ram is easier to control.

It's easier to control but doesn't send you nearly as fast, and if you wanna go really fast you can drift → dodge → turn 90 degrees → ram. I know I should try the other specials, but instead, I could just fly into boats at 300 knots!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
You're prepared for when the racing bonus missions unlock, then. They're basically about doing that, plus rocket boosters.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I dunno if anyone is particularly familiar with big picture mode or anything, but I've kinda run into a bit of a thing with it. After exiting big picture mode, it basically won't let me use 'regular' steam functions at all, outside of what's already open in the main browser window thing.

Like, if I'm in Library already I can click through my library just fine, or in Store I can click through banners and sales and stuff, but it won't let me click through from store to library or to community or wherever, up to and including stuff like right clicking the steam icon in the system tray, it'll bring up the menu with recently played games, exit steam, open big picture, etc, but won't do anything if I click on them. It stays this way until I straight up kill the program in task manager.

Tried restarting, doing a fresh steam install, nothing.

I'd been having this issue the last couple of months or so too, it was very frustrating and nothing short of exiting out of Steam (I was still able to right-click and exit at least) and logging back in would fix it. However after the new version of Big Picture mode got pushed out to everybody recently, it's only happened once or twice.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How can I completely disable big picture mode from launching when I hit the xbox button? I honestly prefer the windows gamebar thing because it shows recent games from all launchers in one place but I can't find out where in steam I can stop big picture from starting when pushing the xbox button so the two fight over each other whenever I push it and it's annoying as hell.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

explosivo posted:

How can I completely disable big picture mode from launching when I hit the xbox button? I honestly prefer the windows gamebar thing because it shows recent games from all launchers in one place but I can't find out where in steam I can stop big picture from starting when pushing the xbox button so the two fight over each other whenever I push it and it's annoying as hell.

Should be the top option here I think. (settings>controller>general controller settings)

The problem with using the guide button with game bar is that it disables Steam chord commands (so all those controls, like media controls, you activate by pressing the guide button + whatever other button)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rinkles posted:

Should be the top option here I think. (settings>controller>general controller settings)

Thanks, I actually do have that off already but it did start BP mode earlier today although now it's not? :shrug:

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I find using the guide button to start Big Picture to be really spotty. Sometimes I push it and it works. Sometimes I have to push and hold it. Sometimes I have to push it a few times. :iiam:
When I push it during a game, I never get the Steam overlay. I already disabled the xbox/windows bar. The whole thing just can't decide when it wants to work and what its behavior should be, but it works well enough to start and stop the game so whatever.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

Demos!

Darkest Dungeon 2

I played a lot of the first game for not having enjoyed it very much, so I'm not sure this game is for me. It is lovely though, at least in terms of how it portrays horrifying stuff. Though I'm not sure I want to watch the wagon driving around for 30 seconds at a time in between encounters.

Not great but hey maybe the game might still be good:

I thought I was taking crazy pills with this feature honestly, who thought this was a good fun idea? Granted there's an auto drive button but you still have to go left or right some times.
They should have a way so you can plan the route via the overhead map or something cause this ain't it chief.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah I really did not enjoy driving the wagon around for ages to get to the actual game part of the game.

Also the whole "entire world has become overrun with lovecraft" didn't really work for me.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I am compelled to post every demo I play regardless of its utility.

Karagon asks the question, "What if the dinosaurs in ARK were elemental themed Zoids/the machines from Horizon Zero Dawn instead?" It's certainly not the jankiest survival game that I've tried this NextFest, which is good because it plans to release next week, but it also doesn't seem like it's really adding anything new to the genre. The dev also has a tendency to release prototypes/games that seem interesting but end up being "just good enough" and abandoning them after a few months of support to work on their next project, so what you see is pretty close to what you get.

I'm going to give a tentative no on this, unless it turns out to be a much fuller game at release than I'm expecting or you're the sort of person for whom spending a few hours screwing around shooting robot dinosaurs while riding your own robot dinosaur is worth the sticker price even if the rest of the game turns out to be a mess.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

how do EA games that say this work these days?

quote:

Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA online activation and EA app software installation and background use required.

Do they just launch origin and make you run both it and steam? Does steam controller support still work with them?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Ugh, not sure why the heck some people think I want to read unskippable pages of their OC video game story (do not steal!). Every second of the demo that you stall me from being able to play the game is a second closer to me alt-f4'ing and just moving on to the next demo.

Some real fuckin' mixed bags in the demo-fest, are these new devs too young to have played demos themselves as kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

how do EA games that say this work these days?

Do they just launch origin and make you run both it and steam? Does steam controller support still work with them?

In the recent past they installed an origin thin client which runs when the game starts and closes after. It's pretty unobtrusive

They're migrating to a new EA app that's replacing origin across the board. It was also unobtrusive but I removed it and reinstalled origin and always decline the update it tries to do on launch cause no achievements are working in mass effect legendary in EA app

Can't talk about steam controller sorry but I assume it will work