Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

titties posted:

I did a moonsault off the couch just to see if i could. I didn't have anybody to land on and it hurt my balls a lot when i landed on the floor

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I accidentally did a version of Delirious' Shadows over Hell. My dad was play wrestling with my brother and I, and he was sorta using his arms to stand up, and I drilled him in the back of the head with an elbow from the top of the couch. My dad said later on when recounting it that he felt really off afterwards, I might have concussed him

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My friend frog splashed me off the roof and his elbow landed right on my balls.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did anyone here ever do wrestling moves when you were a child? tell me about it if so.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

btw whoever suggested the Mox audiobook thank you, I had read the book before but you were right where the audiobook really is like chillin with Mox while he tells you stories

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I accidentally did a version of Delirious' Shadows over Hell. My dad was play wrestling with my brother and I, and he was sorta using his arms to stand up, and I drilled him in the back of the head with an elbow from the top of the couch. My dad said later on when recounting it that he felt really off afterwards, I might have concussed him

You tried to apologize, but to him it just sounded like loud gibberish.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

btw whoever suggested the Mox audiobook thank you, I had read the book before but you were right where the audiobook really is like chillin with Mox while he tells you stories

Yea, he really has an art to the story telling thing. I'd pay for him to give me more of his stream of conscious opinions on music[good] and sammiches[bad] in audiobook format

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, he really has an art to the story telling thing. I'd pay for him to give me more of his stream of conscious opinions on music[good] and sammiches[bad] in audiobook format

i tried his fav sandwhich and tbh it was p good

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

i tried his fav sandwhich and tbh it was p good

The chipwhich is an abomination.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

The chipwhich is an abomination.

well settle this in a no rope barbed wire deathmatch!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Wrestling question: what's the worst thing that happened to you when you completely disregarded the WWF's warnings and tried this at home or school.

My story is pretty tame. I went to a pretty posh private Presbyterian boys' school. There was a grassy area behind the library that us nerds hung out, and I put one of my friends in a Crippler Crossface. Apparently it really hurt. Years later, when that thing went down, I remember reading somewhere that Benoit put his kid in the crossface, and I remembered that incident, and thinking "hahaha, oh gently caress."

I also made one of cousins cry when I put him in a Boston crab.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 10, 2023

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Halloween Jack posted:

Didn't South Park devote an episode to that?

I've heard Tony Khan based the design of Daily's Place on that episode.

Also, my friends and I rough housed using wrestling moves but nobody really got hurt.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

which SP episode is it?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

S13 e10 "WTF"

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ty gonna throw it on now

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
When Ken Anderson was in WWE there were reports that he was unsafe to work with because something about how he took people’s moves? If I’m remembering correctly can someone elaborate what moves was he taking wrong and who had issues with it?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Cavauro posted:

did anyone here ever do wrestling moves when you were a child? tell me about it if so.

No

titties
May 10, 2012

Nystral posted:

When Ken Anderson was in WWE there were reports that he was unsafe to work with because something about how he took people’s moves? If I’m remembering correctly can someone elaborate what moves was he taking wrong and who had issues with it?

Basically anything with a carry. He would struggle sell because he thought it was more interesting / realistic (and he's right). Unfortunately since most moves with a lift require cooperation instead of the Ken Kennedy method of flailing around it tended to make things more difficult and less safe.

I don't really have specific examples because i had checked out of wrestling by then

titties
May 10, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

ty gonna throw it on now

Please make a reaction video

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nystral posted:

I remember reading that he would do poo poo like squirm around and poo poo when moves were being set up, making it more difficult to do them safely, and dropped Orton on his shoulder/neck area pretty much days after he'd come back from a long injury lay-off.

That plus he would do dumb poo poo like go on TV and be all like "I'm not on steroids no sir, I'm squeaky clean" and then get caught in the Signature Pharmacy scandal.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Wrestling question: what's the worst thing that happened to you when you completely disregarded the WWF's warnings and tried this at home or school.
my buddy thought it'd be fun to put me in the KA-TA-HA-JI-ME & turns out blood chokes are legit
I remember him yelling "tazzmission!" & the next thing I know I'm waking up on the ground with people surrounding me, having somehow faceplanted the two of us through one of those thick science classroom tables:

Couple years later I took a DDT and by the grace of god I didn't break my fuckin neck, but I apparently sold it like poo poo and it hurt like hell so despite being a life-altering near-miss it was still a disaster.

Nystral posted:

His thinking was "I shouldn't just be going along with eating a powerbomb or a suplex or whatever, if it's a real fight I should be struggling to escape these predicaments!". So he'd struggle & squirm about, and while it did look slightly better than a ready & willing participant jumping wholeheartedly into getting planted, it also made him really hard to safely hang on to. This meant he injured the people he worked with (Cena tore his pec giving him a hip toss because he was too busy making it look difficult to actually get in the air & Cena essentially ended up shoot hiptossing a 246 pound man) & he'd also injure himself because instead of giving his opponent a safe, cooperative partner he'd flail around and end up getting dropped awkwardly (torn lat, shoulder injury on a house show, "tricep tear"...).

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Am I right in thinking that the polar opposite of Mr Kennedy's selling is the time CM Punk picked up John Laurinaitis for the GTS but Johnny's face was :geno: the whole time?

If someone has that picture, please post it because it makes me laugh every time.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

A "friend" of mine put me in an armbar when we were waiting in line at a public pool, and after that I can't tell you what happened because my concussed brain wiped the few seconds of memory formed before I fell and banged my head on the concrete. I still have a bump on the back of my skull.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Ken Anderson is the guy you can't do a stalled vertical suplex to. I don't know if anybody ever tried, but god help them if they did. More than most other wrestling moves, the stalled vertical suplex requires cooperation and a fuckton of body tension from both people involved. That's what makes it so impressive when guys like Big Show take one, it's not just about the strength of the guy delivering, but a genuine athletic feat to take it. And that is what makes it look great despite looking "fake".

Ken Anderson would just waggle around like a sack of wet poo poo in an attempt to make it look "realistic", threatening to get himself into a shoot brainbuster and/or hurting his partner. It's an awful and selfish concept of selling and ring psychology.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Am I right in thinking that the polar opposite of Mr Kennedy's selling is the time CM Punk picked up John Laurinaitis for the GTS but Johnny's face was :geno: the whole time?

If someone has that picture, please post it because it makes me laugh every time.

zen

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Johnny Ace: "KENTA does it better"

Punk: "I'm trying to run a business here!"

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What's the earliest (and any notable) examples of somebody Hulking Up? No selling an opponent's offence after having their rear end kicked all match.

Road Warrior Hawk used to no-sell the pile-driver and stand straight up afterwards. I only ever saw him do this in the WWF where it received zero reaction, but apparently this was a big thing back in the day.

Did Jerry Lawler have some kind of Hulk up come back in Memphis?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Kosmo Gallion posted:

What's the earliest (and any notable) examples of somebody Hulking Up? No selling an opponent's offence after having their rear end kicked all match.

Road Warrior Hawk used to no-sell the pile-driver and stand straight up afterwards. I only ever saw him do this in the WWF where it received zero reaction, but apparently this was a big thing back in the day.

Lawler's big comeback was pulling down his singlet strap, so yeah he kinda had one. Hulk stole a lot of his Hulk Up routine from Austin Idol, another Memphis guy.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Iska Khan in those French wrestling videos hulked up by getting into a sumo stance and the announcer went NUTS and it was absolutely amazing

Though he then lost the match like 2 minutes later so clearly the hulking up was different back then

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I think that's because everywhere but the WWF the piledriver was treated like a kill shot - and was 'banned' in Memphis for ages - but in the WWF it was just another move.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I grabbed a prone friend's legs and was going to do the catapult move where you fall back and they go up and over you, but for some reason he thought the way to do the move was to go deadweight so I just ended up tweaking the hell out of his lower back.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Dr. Quarex posted:

Iska Khan in those French wrestling videos hulked up by getting into a sumo stance and the announcer went NUTS and it was absolutely amazing

Though he then lost the match like 2 minutes later so clearly the hulking up was different back then

Sometimes you get FIGHTING SPIRIT and then the other guy just knocks it right the gently caress out of you.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Bonk posted:

I grabbed a prone friend's legs and was going to do the catapult move where you fall back and they go up and over you, but for some reason he thought the way to do the move was to go deadweight so I just ended up tweaking the hell out of his lower back.

I remember actually getting launched when my friend did it to me. It was kinda awesome.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
How did Vickie Guerrero go from being Eddie's widow to being one of the biggest heels in the WWE? I wasn't watching wrestling at the time so I missed the storyline

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

She was Teddy Long's assistant and got promoted to GM by Vince when Teddy had a heart attack at his own wedding. Then she began helping out Edge before revealing they were in a relationship and building a stable around him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

And in one of the very few examples of WWE having their finger on the pulse, they actually got out in front of the whole "Karen" idea in pop culture.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Putting her with the number 1 heel in the company, in a neckbrace and a wheelchair, suggested that they didn't initially have much faith in her as a natural heel.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

reality_groove posted:

Putting her with the number 1 heel in the company, in a neckbrace and a wheelchair, suggested that they didn't initially have much faith in her as a natural heel.

If you mean Edge it was a sign they had a ton of faith in her because they knew Edge being put with this woman they portayed as annoying and ugly and hatable for these reasons would get a ton of heat, and it did.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
A slightly more fleshed out timeline:

Summer 2005: Vickie becomes an on-air character pleading for peace between Eddie and Rey Mysterio, then pleading for her husband to stop tearing their families apart, ultimately assisting Rey to maintain custody of his son in the ladder match at Summerslam

November 2005: Eddie dies

Wrestlemania Season 2006: Rey Mysterio wins the Rumble and the world title in loving memory of Eddie Guerrero, with Chavo by his side. Rey goes on to have a historically terrible reign, with Chavo there encouraging him to cheat to hold onto the belt.

May 2006: Rey refuses to cheat, so Chavo cheats to cost Rey the title, and they start a feud.

Summer 2006: Vickie again emerges to plea for peace between the Guerreros and Mysterios, but eventually it's revealed as a ruse and she turns heel in solidarity and a love of cheating with her nephew and late husband. The Guerreros feud with Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit over how they are riding on the coattails of Eddie's legacy. By the end of 2006, Chavo turns on Vickie for messing up the family cheating business and getting him disqualified once too often. This temporarily writes her off as an on-screen character.

Summer 2007: Kristal Marshall begins dating Smackdown GM Teddy Long and convinces him to bring a contrite Vickie back as an assistant. Vickie begins to exert more control over the show as Teddy and Kristal plan their wedding. During their on-screen wedding ceremony, Teddy Long has a heart attack and "slips into a coma" and this was implied to be a devious plan set up by Kristal and ???? but this was right before she and Bobby Lashley walked out/got fired/quit so it was never followed up on.

November 2007: After having been named the GM of Smackdown because of Teddy Long's wedding coma, she turns heel and reveals that she's dating Edge and using her power to help him regain the world title.

She kept wearing neckbraces and being in wheelchairs mostly because Vince could not resist having the Undertaker and other babyfaces attack her and do finishing moves on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought IM YOUR PAPI was way earlier than 2005 what the gently caress even is linear time