Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Dr. Killjoy posted:

precious moments were all sculpted by a bipolar alcoholic who was emotionally distant to his family

what's his username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

permabanned poster psalmstomper58

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

this is what being a good ally looks like folks. its also brave.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

err posted:

the goblins control society + the banking sector

they also blow a shofar (not kidding)

MMania
May 7, 2008
I'm 47 and watch random stuff on Twitch sometimes but never heard of this guy. I think if you held a gun to my head I might have known that one of the T's in TYT was "turk?" Tried to watch that recap video of him watching Black White and I made it maybe 2 min in before skipping to try and find a part that I thought was funny or entertaining, no dice. I give myself another decade before hearing about things like this pisses me off, for now I find this guy and all of the conversation about him hilarious.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MMania posted:

I'm 47 and watch random stuff on Twitch sometimes but never heard of this guy. I think if you held a gun to my head I might have known that one of the T's in TYT was "turk?" Tried to watch that recap video of him watching Black White and I made it maybe 2 min in before skipping to try and find a part that I thought was funny or entertaining, no dice. I give myself another decade before hearing about things like this pisses me off, for now I find this guy and all of the conversation about him hilarious.

In fairness to Hasan, he's way better than the Young Turks who have been very interested in putting homeless people in jail and union busting lately.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

In fairness to Hasan, he's way better than the Young Turks who have been very interested in putting homeless people in jail and union busting lately.

they're pigs lmao
https://twitter.com/bluebombah/status/1622451385005473793?s=20&t=QZlILgAykef6va2MIIUk6g

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mcmagic posted:

hasan and his uncle agree to the same politics in private

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

mcmagic posted:

he got 6% and got shook

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

skipmyseashells posted:

I honestly don't think so. He's live too many hours to bullshit people about what he actually believes.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

thats right. especially where women and the loving thereof is concerned

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mcmagic posted:

I honestly don't think so. He's live too many hours to bullshit people about what he actually believes.
that just means cenk is secretly an older version of hasan

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

MMania posted:

I'm 47 and watch random stuff on Twitch sometimes

lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I saw a youtube video of Hasan streaming at a normal computer setup during his vacation in japan lol

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I saw a youtube video of Hasan streaming at a normal computer setup during his vacation in japan lol

Dude is loaded off scrolling Twitter on twitch and he's working on vacation
Lmao

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
Nani?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I'd love to hear how you think this ask would go over with XQC or the other huge streamers who were on board with the charity stream?

Completely unrelated, XQC had 6 million people watching him play the wizard game on Monday.

it's not a multiplayer game who gives a poo poo

mcmagic posted:

Whats his deal? Is he just really good at video games? You can't even understand him jabbering and there are like 30 billion people watching his every stream?

He's a guy who rages at video games when things don't go his way- recall that he stopped being a pro over a big slur incident, which I believe was the specific incident that was the origin of the phrase "gamer word". Probably came from being a pro at a young age but his skills have atrophied and he plays a lot outside his comfort zone. He also has a lot of ego and puts himself into positions to play against people much better than him (when he played rust for a couple months, he kept picking fights with people who had done nothing else for the past 5 years but stream rust 10 hours per day and active CS pros). So he rages a lot. It's hard to know how much is him having zero self awareness and how much is him intentionally playing it up for the audience, but his persona is at least 30% real.

Anyway chat tries to get him to rage and then celebrate when he rages. He's a professional babyman.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

He's a guy who rages at video games when things don't go his way- recall that he stopped being a pro over a big slur incident, which I believe was the specific incident that was the origin of the phrase "gamer word". Probably came from being a pro at a young age but his skills have atrophied and he plays a lot outside his comfort zone. He also has a lot of ego and puts himself into positions to play against people much better than him (when he played rust for a couple months, he kept picking fights with people who had done nothing else for the past 5 years but stream rust 10 hours per day and active CS pros). So he rages a lot. It's hard to know how much is him having zero self awareness and how much is him intentionally playing it up for the audience, but his persona is at least 30% real.

Anyway chat tries to get him to rage and then celebrate when he rages. He's a professional babyman.

you think Hasan said the N word and lost the chance to go pro gamer; AND that's where the term "gamer word" come from? specifically him saying the N word?
you can't be talking about Cracker right? also you know he's not good at games right?
I agree he gets angry too easily and it's annoying.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Seatbelts posted:

you think Hasan said the N word and lost the chance to go pro gamer; AND that's where the term "gamer word" come from? specifically him saying the N word?
you can't be talking about Cracker right? also you know he's not good at games right?
I agree he gets angry too easily and it's annoying.

he's talking about xqc, who is definitely an n-word guy

edit xqcL bro

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

i say swears online posted:

he's talking about xqc, who is definitely an n-word guy

edit xqcL bro

ooooooh that makes more sense

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Seatbelts posted:

ooooooh that makes more sense

also hasan has the cracker pass now so he's allowed

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MMania posted:

Welcome to Twitch, Agent 47.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

SorePotato posted:

Dude is loaded off scrolling Twitter on twitch and he's working on vacation
Lmao

If you take a real vacation you lose half your subscribers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah any time a streamer disappears because of drama they come back to like 5% of their income. it's a gilded prison. nobody takes healthy time off

they all have Content Brain now anyway

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://ideologie.shop/collections/hog-collection/products/john-brown-hunting-club-joggers

$80 cotton pants that are supposed to be dry-cleaned

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i say swears online posted:

he started off good at video games but his main draw is that he's incredibly manic and animated for fourteen hours at a time. at one point he was making like several million a month just from streaming online gambling. he's also trying to make inroads with the W community which doesn't seem like a fit at first but he and kaicenat are like two sides of the same coin

what is the W community

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

30.5 Days posted:

sounds incredibly uninteresting , op. thanks for sharing

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

You know those twitch streamers that have made a living on riffing on current events and amassing a large following for being what is basically a videogame playing radio show host talking head? That's the "W community", which yes its a very weird name.

Which to this point I don't know why people don't talk about those streamers like radio shows. If the masses of zoomers wanted to see neat games being played expertly, someone like LordBBH or DNOPls would straight up also have xqc levels of viewers.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 11:27 on Mar 9, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kunster posted:

You know those twitch streamers that have made a living on riffing on current events and amassing a large following for being what is basically a videogame playing radio show host talking head? That's the "W community", which yes its a very weird name.

Which to this point I don't know why people don't talk about those streamers like radio shows. If the masses of zoomers wanted to see neat games being played expertly, someone like LordBBH or DNOPls would straight up also have xqc levels of viewers.

i dont know who any of those people are

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Which is why I didn't link them as a statement to their relative obscurity! LordBBH and DnoPls are two streamers that focus a lot on beating particularly elaborate videogames and do a lot of high score challenges. They're the closest thing to what if you went back to the early 1980's, tried explaining what twitch was to people, and this was their mental picture of what you just explained.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

fart simpson posted:

i dont know who any of those people are

surprised you arent a 40 year old man obsessed with teens on twitch

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Those two aren't even like, big names or anything, just "People on twitch I know whose speciality is being really good at games, namely a lot of them".

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

surprised you arent a 40 year old man obsessed with teens on twitch

nice projection

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
i dont have a mod badge though

:confused:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wish he played more games and less poli chat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kunster posted:

the w community doesn't do current events or video games, I mean kaicenat and adin ross

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Oh! I thought those were people who just did a long stream where they'd watch other stuff and riff on it. My bad!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I guess that'd just fall under the 'variety streamer' umbrella

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
the L community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

moving to Kick to being back the w's