Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's a bait dog? I assume for hunting larger game like bears or something?

Now I wanna know who you quoted first

A dog for a fight dog to attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's even worse than I thought yup.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
importantly, do not google images of this.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Dude, choke on all the dicks.

Edit: That wasn’t the post I meant to quote.

Still, eat all the cock meat.

While everyone else will hate on you slurm, I will not. Where others see a waste of oxygen and evidence that abortion should, not only be legal but have no age limit at all, I see an asset. If America ever needs to dip their toe back in the genocide game, I just know who the next proxy warrior will be. You’re perfect for the job actually. After all, they all deserve it. They were born and just by living there they consent to everything that their government has ever done, in perpetuity. gently caress them kids too. They shouldn’t have consented to being born, they shoulda died in the womb as an act of protest.

I couldn’t gaslight anyone into believing the poo poo you believe willingly, of your own volition. You are a weapons grade rear end in a top hat and I will keep you in mind should it serve the nation’s interest. Try not to forget to breathe or something in the meantime.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
We have 6 cats, all adopted or chose to adopt us. We have one dog who we adopted and we love him but he's a scavenger to no end.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Handsome Ralph posted:

My wife refuses to adopt from or work with most dog rescues for the reasons people already listed here. A lot of it is insane levels of requirements and bullshit they expect potential adopters to go through, as well as being poorly run or financed, as well as in some cases hoarding animals in their shelters. Oh and a lot of the time, they are very big on getting those sweet sweet monetary donations, but are quick to ignore the advice and guidelines given to them by staff vets, and use those donations to pad salaries for non-medical staff.

What the living gently caress? I volunteer for a rescue because I believe in what they're doing and I've seen firsthand how dedicated they are.

God it makes me sad to hear something good get twisted beyond all recognition like that.

I hate people.

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..
We got one of ours from a rescue that seems to specialize in large breed working dogs, so the background check focused more on that. No home visits or whatever but I’m sure these places deal with the fallout after someone tries to stick a farm dog in their apartment.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Pyr X?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wonder Free posted:

We got one of ours from a rescue that seems to specialize in large breed working dogs, so the background check focused more on that. No home visits or whatever but I’m sure these places deal with the fallout after someone tries to stick a farm dog in their apartment.

Good puppy! Oh man a sibling was taking care of a dog for someone who had inherited a ton of money and decided to get a maximum energy dog bred to tirelessly herd Australian sheep. Even with two long walks a day it would not calm down, totally not the dog’s fault as he didn’t ask to be kept indoors.

On a more lighthearted note, sibling also took care of a good boy who was a massive yellow lab and knew it. If he didn’t want to leave a room he’d go into passive resistance mode where he lay on his side and refused to move, and had to be pushed from room to room.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Wonder Free posted:

Nice maremma you got there.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/julianbarnes/status/1624127446676082701

Looks like nobody involved on the defense side is loving around with the balloon poo poo any more.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1624129901434380289

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 10, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/julianbarnes/status/1624127446676082701

Looks like nobody involved on the defense side is loving around with the balloon poo poo any more.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1624129901434380289

I'll still don't get it: Why balloons? China has to have decent Spy satellites and Radar Recon satellites by now, Balloons while cheap are 1950s era recon stuff. Its lower tech than a spy plane.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Good puppy! Oh man a sibling was taking care of a dog for someone who had inherited a ton of money and decided to get a maximum energy dog bred to tirelessly herd Australian sheep. Even with two long walks a day it would not calm down, totally not the dog’s fault as he didn’t ask to be kept indoors.

Was it a Coolie? They're basically just border collies from Australia. Farm dogs.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

I'll still don't get it: Why balloons? China has to have decent Spy satellites and Radar Recon satellites by now, Balloons while cheap are 1950s era recon stuff. Its lower tech than a spy plane.

From what a lot of news articles are saying, you can simply get way more data than with a satellite. A typical satellite moves at around 7000 MPH, while the balloons might hit 60 MPH. Shove high tech sensors and comms equipment on a balloon and it's likely to get way better quality data and a lot more of it.

And - Pence has at least one more classified document in his house. That scandal sure fizzled quick.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1624130851456880666

Edit: k maybe not a balloon https://twitter.com/JarrettRenshaw/status/1624132370017226754

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 10, 2023

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What the living gently caress? I volunteer for a rescue because I believe in what they're doing and I've seen firsthand how dedicated they are.

God it makes me sad to hear something good get twisted beyond all recognition like that.

I hate people.

Yeah I'll offer the caveat that there are plenty of rescue orgs out there that aren't poo poo and competently run. So my bad for painting with a broad brush, but the overwhelming majority that my wife and her colleagues have come into contact with in the States are massive poo poo shows.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I was mad at the people pulling that poo poo, not you for implying it

I stand by my original point though will refine it to "I like dogs more than people"

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

From what a lot of news articles are saying, you can simply get way more data than with a satellite. A typical satellite moves at around 7000 MPH, while the balloons might hit 60 MPH. Shove high tech sensors and comms equipment on a balloon and it's likely to get way better quality data and a lot more of it.

And - Pence has at least one more classified document in his house. That scandal sure fizzled quick.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1624130851456880666

Edit: k maybe not a balloon https://twitter.com/JarrettRenshaw/status/1624132370017226754

First, old people need to stop printing poo poo out. Everyone needs to stop printing poo poo out.

Second, instead of a balloon, what was it, a drone? I'm trying to imagine something the size of a car that would enter our airspace unwelcomed. I can only think of glider/drone/balloon type items, unless it is.... aliens.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I was mad at the people pulling that poo poo, not you for implying it

I stand by my original point though will refine it to "I like dogs more than people"

Oh no, you're good. I figured that's what you meant, but I still felt compelled to point it out cause a few people posted afterwards that they worked with rescues that didn't do any weird poo poo.

But yeah, fully onboard with the dogs > people party.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

ASAPI posted:

aliens.
It's definitely this.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Dogs are people chekm8

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh no, you're good. I figured that's what you meant, but I still felt compelled to point it out cause a few people posted afterwards that they worked with rescues that didn't do any weird poo poo.

But yeah, fully onboard with the dogs > people party.

Sounds like you'll be on board with the Luca for Immortal Dog-Emperor platform

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sounds like you'll be on board with the Luca for Immortal Dog-Emperor platform

Isn't Luca the official mascot of this place?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

ASAPI posted:

Isn't Luca the official mascot of this place?

weird way to spell either of my dogs' name

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Monty’s got seniority over Luca IMO.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I just want to reiterate the US just shot down a literal Unidentified Flying Object in TYOOL 2023.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

psydude posted:

I just want to reiterate the US just shot down a literal Unidentified Flying Object in TYOOL 2023.

Was the interceptor piloted by Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

He's not a mascot, but I just want to share my favorite picture of Detective Tubbs Lumpkins, MD. This is the night my wife brought home an abandoned 2 week old kitten, who I refused to name until her first vet appointment- where we found out she was younger than we thought.
"What rescue cared for her?"
"My husband."
"Wow. He did an amazing job. Any experience?"
"He'd say the Infantry. He just loves little furry things "

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

Was the interceptor piloted by Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum?

Yes. Fortunately the alien vessel was running Max OS9, so the computer virus disabled its shields.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

He's not a mascot, but I just want to share my favorite picture of Detective Tubbs Lumpkins, MD. This is the night my wife brought home an abandoned 2 week old kitten, who I refused to name until her first vet appointment- where we found out she was younger than we thought.
"What rescue cared for her?"
"My husband."
"Wow. He did an amazing job. Any experience?"
"He'd say the Infantry. He just loves little furry things "

Aw, Tuxedo kitten <3

psydude posted:

Yes. Fortunately the alien vessel was running Max OS9, so the computer virus disabled its shields.

I always assumed it was just a compatibility because they both ran a BSD based OS.

BSD: Alien origins.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ASAPI posted:

First, old people need to stop printing poo poo out. Everyone needs to stop printing poo poo out.

Second, instead of a balloon, what was it, a drone? I'm trying to imagine something the size of a car that would enter our airspace unwelcomed. I can only think of glider/drone/balloon type items, unless it is.... aliens.

Slow down buddy. It’s not the printers fault.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
cats are the bestest, namaste.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Cats live for murder

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Aw, Tuxedo kitten <3

I always assumed it was just a compatibility because they both ran a BSD based OS.

BSD: Alien origins.

She's not great at being a cat. I was a first time single mother- I did the best I could. Lol

My wife smiles because I am still so god drat proud she cleans herself properly. I used to sit with a cup of warm water and toothbrush and groom her when she was tiny. She's fully grown, but still small because formula and love only does so much. She's also nearly fearless- she takes no poo poo from out our other older cats, or our 3 pups. Hank is my home. She comes when I call her, and chills on my shoulder like a monkey.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Cats live for murder

This is true.

It is also why I am not afraid of us shooting down an UFO. Aliens are NOT ready for the poo poo cats do.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
German 250Kg bomb went off while being defused in the UK today,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-64604115

No casualities - looks like the site had been prepared with berms and was being remotely defused with a robot. I guess after 80 years some of this stuff is a bit touchy !

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Cats live for murder

Mine doesn't, he only tried to murder my feet some of the time.

If I am wearing slippers or flip flops he goes into murder mode and it hurts like a sonofa bitch. I have accidentally stepped on him when he's doing this.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Cats live for murder

Yeah but he cute tho.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Also if you wanna get made into a fake mega gear solid character, someone’s got a thread in GBS just for that. I encourage you all to post in it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023720

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
cats are good, but i'm allergic, so dogs it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

psydude posted:

All things shot down, unless identified, are UFOs.