Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Monarch posted:

You guys actually like CBO's stupid trolling or what?

yeah because thinking threadbans are a bitchmade move means I like the posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I thought CSPAM didn't threadban or forumban people?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

yeah but see animelstrash replied to a post about tucker so unfortunately the mods hands are tied

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I think the low effort trolling is way more entertaining than watching the moderator try and be cute like we're doing.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Tucker-chat meaning making the discussion revolve around Tucker, which is something that cbo does in other non-Tucker-centric threads.

How would this thread degrade into Tucker Carlson bullshit unless everyone here just freaks out at a Tucker clip being posted regardless of content? Do you have that low faith in the posters of this thread?

Like yeah cbo probably likes getting a rise out of people and the walls of tweets can get old (he barely even posts here nor was he sharing a ton of stuff) but people do like 90% of the work for him. When he showed up in pyf he wasn't given any oxygen and the thread chugged along

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Feb 10, 2023

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

How would this thread degrade into Tucker Carlson bullshit unless everyone here just freaks out at a Tucker clip being posted regardless of content? Do you have that low faith in the posters of this thread?

lol are you joking?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Malcolm Nance is too dumb to realize the Hersh story is sympathetic to the CIA

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

malcolm nonce

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

malcolm nonce

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

lol are you joking?

What about it is a joke?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Normally not, but this thread has a long and storied history of being one of the shittiest in C-SPAM so if those two are going to continue to come in here and poo poo it up, Majorian has a green light. I don't particularly like that it has come to this, but keep Glenn and Tucker poo poo in their containment zones, which is why those threads have existed for so long.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

What about it is a joke?

Me having faith in the posters itt after the last hour or so of posting. You in particular are squealing like a stuck pig because two annoying trolls got a day off and told not to post itt anymore.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Azathoth posted:

Normally not, but this thread has a long and storied history of being one of the shittiest in C-SPAM so if those two are going to continue to come in here and poo poo it up, Majorian has a green light. I don't particularly like that it has come to this, but keep Glenn and Tucker poo poo in their containment zones, which is why those threads have existed for so long.

hmm

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Me having faith in the posters itt after the last hour or so of posting. You in particular are squealing like a stuck pig because two annoying trolls got a day off and told not to post itt anymore.

So do you have faith in the posters or not?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Majorian posted:

You have no pattern recognition but other people do and the pattern of your moderation is terrible

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
e: nevermind, ignore

Majorian has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Feb 10, 2023

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

I stated openly (I think openly? maybe in private) after the qcs reboot that i wasn't sure it was worth the price of keeping the thread around. I was glad you did at first, but it seems like it's a pain the rear end for everyone, and if the mods hate the posting that happens here so much that it is barely on the threshold of being tolerated, I think you should gas this thread.

give it a little break and think about if it needs to come back in short form, maybe based on current big events instead of just a long running war megathread, or maybe something else entirely. get feedback from the community to inform the decision maybe. let it die for a bit and maybe it will be reborn better, or maybe not.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

So do you have faith in the posters or not?

I simply do not believe that these individuals are posting with any sincerity.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

OctaMurk posted:

I simply do not believe that these individuals are posting with any sincerity.

who gives a poo poo go post in d&d then

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yer a cuck margorian - baloogan, 2016

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

speng31b posted:

I stated openly (I think openly? maybe in private) after the qcs reboot that i wasn't sure it was worth the price of keeping the thread around. I was glad you did at first, but it seems like it's a pain the rear end for everyone, and if the mods hate the posting that happens here so much that it is barely on the threshold of being tolerated, I think you should gas this thread.

give it a little break and think about if it needs to come back in short form, maybe based on current big events instead of just a long running war megathread, or maybe something else entirely. get feedback from the community to inform the decision maybe. let it die for a bit and maybe it will be reborn better, or maybe not.

but then where will I be able to state my deep desire to hug vladimir putin and kiss him on the lips?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
You know what, Hootington's right. I don't like threadbans myself, and I don't think they should be part of CSPAM. So I'll lift the threadban on CBO and AiT, but Glenn/Tucker/Bri-chat needs to stay out of this thread, and if they're going to post here they need to do more than just troll. Their 1-day probes will remain in place.

Al! posted:

yer a cuck margorian - baloogan, 2016

He did say that a lot. Miss 'em.

\/\/\/right? Can you imagine closing the thread now of all times?\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Feb 10, 2023

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also you can't close this thread, Putler is about to make his greatest gamble.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
i like posting in threads where everyone is allowed to contribute, makes the place feel more lived in

thanks for reading

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Majorian posted:

All right, well, I guess I'll have to live with that assessment.

I don't like threadbanning people (or using my buttons at all, really), which is why I very rarely do it. But if all you're going to contribute is trolling, I'm not interested in dealing with your posts itt.

e: "you" being the broader "you," meaning everyone and anyone, not you specifically.

Saying you need to do a better job is not trolling, disagreeing with you is not trolling, doubling down on stupid arbitrary poo poo is the worst thing you can do! How is this not obvious??

You let my little pony 88 poo poo up the thread for endless pages and claim he's not technically doing anything wrong so it's ok, then turn around and probe people for utter nonsense, sometimes even for sarcasm you can't recognize as such. Just stop pushing buttons so that at least it's fair on everyone, otherwise it just looks like you're targeting your posting enemies and it undermines the poo poo out of you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Saying you need to do a better job is not trolling, disagreeing with you is not trolling, doubling down on stupid arbitrary poo poo is the worst thing you can do! How is this not obvious??

You let my little pony 88 poo poo up the thread for endless pages and claim he's not technically doing anything wrong so it's ok, then turn around and probe people for utter nonsense, sometimes even for sarcasm you can't recognize as such. Just stop pushing buttons so that at least it's fair on everyone, otherwise it just looks like you're targeting your posting enemies and it undermines the poo poo out of you.

I probe mlmp08 as much as I probe anyone, you dingus.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Majorian posted:

You know what, Hootington's right. I don't like threadbans myself, and I don't think they should be part of CSPAM. So I'll lift the threadban on CBO and AiT, but Glenn/Tucker/Bri-chat needs to stay out of this thread, and if they're going to post here they need to do more than just troll. Their 1-day probes will remain in place.

:cheers:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Majorian posted:

you can overturn mlmp08's threadban too then

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

free larry

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

you can overturn mlmp08's threadban too then

I didn't threadban mlmp08.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Majorian posted:

Majorian posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
War bad <:(>

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Majorian posted:

no, you probe mlmp way more than anyone else as they keep making GBS threads up the thread because they somehow only catch sixers instead of ban+30 every time like other people seem to

Majorian posted:

exactly

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Probes aren't the same thing as threadbans.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Truga posted:

no, you probe mlmp way more than anyone else as they keep making GBS threads up the thread because they somehow only catch sixers instead of ban+30 every time like other people seem to

I usually only give 6ers. Should I up the ante on everyone or...?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
does this thread have any nafo guys

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Al! posted:

you looking to apply for the job?

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Al! posted:

me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Al! posted:

Vernii and glass elephant