Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tato posted:

The perfect gift for that special someone on valentine's day, the Big Sexy vibrating action figure

Hell, invite Scott too. The more the merrier.

when I was a kid I had a sealed vibrating crow sting. It got destroyed in hurricane katrina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Should've stood back.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

If only the Big Sexy vibrating action figure could have shaken up WCW

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/otd_in_wwe/status/1626254466348462082?s=46&t=w7gECzybf1FFDWQI8xqOzg

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
The gently caress? That was classic La Parka dancing and being the chairman of WCW. Nothing disco about that dancing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Huh! I WAS happy to see Disco on the TV!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Glen Gilberti being a trash human aside.

The lower card comedy character of a guy in the 90s/2000s who disco dances badly and thinks he is cool was funny to little kid me. I also liked how he was trying to join the Wolfpack, but only got condescension and disrespect from Hall and Nash.

I have bad wrestling opinions.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I remember during the retro reviews Bryan would talk about how Disco was often a very serious, popular wrestler. Not like a star but gently caress, everybody who watched WCW back then remembers Disco Inferno so that says something.

Also dancing wrestlers is always gonna get over. Too Cool, Fandango, probably others I'm unaware of.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WWE has never had anything as cool as that happen and it’s kind of sad that they can claim they did since they bought WCW

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't remember why Gilberti was a lovely person; I guess he was a dick when he was a road agent for TNA? I remember he wrote a couple essays about the business that I enjoyed.

He was a fun lowcard comedy character in WCW, though there were times he overstayed his welcome. I thought he played off Alex Wright and Norman Smiley very well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't remember why Gilberti was a lovely person; I guess he was a dick when he was a road agent for TNA? I remember he wrote a couple essays about the business that I enjoyed.

He was a fun lowcard comedy character in WCW, though there were times he overstayed his welcome. I thought he played off Alex Wright and Norman Smiley very well.

He's notorious for complaining about people with far more talent than him not knowing how to work, and goes on endlessly about drawing money despite never having drawn any himself. He's a leech and Cody absolutely put him in his place on twitter a few years ago.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Over with the boys" has got to be the most wrestling insult.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's notorious for complaining about people with far more talent than him not knowing how to work, and goes on endlessly about drawing money despite never having drawn any himself. He's a leech and Cody absolutely put him in his place on twitter a few years ago.

He can't shut up.

He got arrested for running poker games in his basement, which only could have happened by royally pissing off someone who was participating, and ratted him out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Day of the Warrior, the Skinemax movie with Buff Bagwell is on Tubi if anyone hasn't watched it.

The Disco gambling ring story is way weirder than just a home game. They were arranging $10,000 deposits online to get into the game and cocaine was found during the bust but somehow everyone had their charges dropped.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I was about to ask what's wrong with playing poker.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I was about to ask what's wrong with playing poker.

Also since when is possessing cocaine illegal?!!

I wonder if Buff got to keep any of his hats

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

haljordan posted:

I wonder if Buff got to keep any of his hats

It's been a while since I've seen a buff match but I think he wears them in the indies

He also uses his old theme song because wwe probably doesn't care

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

zetamind2000 posted:

It's been a while since I've seen a buff match but I think he wears them in the indies

He also uses his old theme song because wwe probably doesn't care

Lol that's like when you see full length movies (usually lovely ones) on YouTube because whoever owns the rights just can't be bothered to file a DMCA complaint

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Last thing I heard, Buff was a call boy, catering to the Buff Daddy equivalent of the Kevin Nash fan club. I doubt he is on anybody's radar who'd think they could wring money out of him.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Buff got woke on Twitter and became an ally. Buff is the Stuff.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Buff got woke on Twitter and became an ally. Buff is the Stuff.

That got outed as a social media manager unfortunately iirc

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

That got outed as a social media manager unfortunately iirc

One last heel turn for Buff..

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

MassRafTer posted:

somehow everyone had their charges dropped.

Disco inducted the police into the nWo B-team and it was all good.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Animal-Mother posted:

Disco inducted the police into the nWo B-team and it was all good.

I guess it was a sting operation.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

Last thing I heard, Buff was a call boy, catering to the Buff Daddy equivalent of the Kevin Nash fan club. I doubt he is on anybody's radar who'd think they could wring money out of him.

I remember listening to a podcast for an Atlanta area restaurant around that time and the podcast called out Buff for bringing his clients in and being an utter dick the whole time.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MassRafTer posted:

Day of the Warrior, the Skinemax movie with Buff Bagwell is on Tubi if anyone hasn't watched it.

I believe every single word of this IMDB trivia item

quote:

Marcus Bagwell was so dedicated to the role of "The Warrior" that he lived the part 24/7 while shooting. In fact, he even remained in character up to and including the premier, only answering to The Warrior. His tag team partner from WCW, Scotty Riggs, cashed in a favour with Bagwell who got him some minor stunt work on the film. Riggs had to be excused from his stunt duties as he had lost depth perception due to his prolonged use of an eye patch. In order to use the name "The Warrior" Marcus Bagwell attempted to convince the WCW wrestler The Warrior (formerly the Ultimate Warrior) to allow Bagwell to take over the name. He refused but Bagwell used it anyways. Bagwell had suggested to Sidaris that he have a larger role and even rewrote a 150 page draft of a new script. Sidaris rejected his script due to its lack of gratuitous shots of planes taking off and landing. Bagwell wrote the scripts for a prequel trilogy but Sidaris unfortunately was forced to retire due to diminishing health. At his eulogy it was stated that one of his biggest regrets was not working more with Marcus Bagwell.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Having watched every Sidaris movie because I am a fool, I can believe every word of it also.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

MD2020 posted:

I believe every single word of this IMDB trivia item

It’s a bad film that’s complete nonsense, even for that genre, but I feel like there was a girl from American Gladiators that was featured really heavily for some reason (and was a terrible actor, like everyone else in this thing).

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

That script anecdote reminds me of the time Vince and Hogan locked themselves in a hotel room for 72 hours with a typewriter and a wheelbarrow full of cocaine and completely rewrote the script for "No Holds Barred".

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

haljordan posted:

That script anecdote reminds me of the time Vince and Hogan locked themselves in a hotel room for 72 hours with a typewriter and a wheelbarrow full of cocaine and completely rewrote the script for "No Holds Barred".

I choose to believe this story is true despite that Hogan book being nothing but lies. The idea of a coked out Hogan sitting on the toilet suddenly coming up with ideas for fight scenes is just too good for me

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The main thing I remember about NHB is that the hero and the villains' finishers didn't even make sense from a wrestling standpoint. Like, one of them was a running double axe handle to the forehead, which only works if you instantly stop in your tracks while your opponent sells it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The best thing about No Holds Barred is the main bad guy, (who I always think was in LA Law), calls people "Jock-rear end"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

The best thing about No Holds Barred is the main bad guy, (who I always think was in LA Law), calls people "Jock-rear end"

Kurt Fuller rules in everything.

A question popped in my head this thread could probably answer. Whatever happened to Lex Luger after WCW closed up?

I know he had various demons, the tragic situation with Liz, the eventual injury, and now working with WWE but it seemed like he just never showed up anywhere high profile again. Most of the '00s is a blank spot of wrestling for me.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

TheKingslayer posted:

A question popped in my head this thread could probably answer. Whatever happened to Lex Luger after WCW closed up?

I know he had various demons, the tragic situation with Liz, the eventual injury, and now working with WWE but it seemed like he just never showed up anywhere high profile again. Most of the '00s is a blank spot of wrestling for me.

Luger had bad blood with WWE because of the way he went back to WCW, so he had no place to go. He did show for a cup of tea in TNA but that somehow didn't last long then he got his injury.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And the t-shirts were too tight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9yDfJfy0Do

TK sign Terry Crews

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TheKingslayer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udBDeDFZC30

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BrigadierSensible posted:

I love the implications of Kurt Fuller playing his NHB character to bring NHB Zeus into the real world, possibly Last Action Hero style, to defeat Hogan. Which also implies his character survived I think getting electrocuted.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Numero6 posted:

Luger had bad blood with WWE because of the way he went back to WCW, so he had no place to go. He did show for a cup of tea in TNA but that somehow didn't last long then he got his injury.

Also even before the injury, it seems like his body was shot by 2000 and he could barely work anymore.

Which is a shame since "Package" was a small highlight of the abyss of despair and poo poo thAt ws 2000 WCW. Luger is a great character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jeff Jarrett vs Nathan Jones... Jesus Christ.