Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well that sucks, rest in peace Chitoryu condolences to friends and family.

Your posts were always interesting to parse over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Hey everyone.

I am Chitoryu's real life best friend. I felt it necessary to inform the inhabitants of this thread that Chitoryu, real name Cody, has passed away. He was in the company of his mother, and died relatively peacefully. If anyone has any questions, I'll do the best I can to answer them.

I'm so sorry, I really enjoyed his work and that is incredibly sad.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
drat that's really sad :(

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

He was hit by a car some months ago, and as far as they could tell, this was complications from undetected damage from that accident. He went in for testing on Jan 14th due to some severe jaundice and was on a ventilator and massive antibiotics and BP meds by the 16th.

Thank you for letting us know.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Chitoryu always seemed like the best of people. His posts, stories, and photos will sorely be missed. I hope his family and loved ones can find peace during this time of hardship.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Chitoryu was a good man. May he rest well, and his loved ones find peace.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
:( that really sucks, thanks for telling us.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Hey everyone.

I am Chitoryu's real life best friend. I felt it necessary to inform the inhabitants of this thread that Chitoryu, real name Cody, has passed away. He was in the company of his mother, and died relatively peacefully. If anyone has any questions, I'll do the best I can to answer them.

Oh gently caress.

He was a really great guy and a ton of fun to talk with, both in this and other threads. I'll genuinely miss seeing him on the boards.

I know that's nothing compared to what you're going through, but still I'm really sorry for both your loss and (on a much smaller scale) our own.

Thanks for telling us.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh god drat it, his "let's read James Bond novels" thread was one of the best JB dissertations on the net.

Also, him losing his sanity for the amusement of the forums by reading dadlit like Superhawks and RPO was amazing.

Sorry for your loss, Sandwich Anarchist.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Chit was an amazing and positive presence both here on the forums and the various discords I interacted with him on. This loss hurts, even tho I never knew him in real life, I still interacted with him near-daily.

RIP man I’ll watch some Bond movies with a few cocktails in your honor.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh no :(. That's rough.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is there a generic history thread because I don't wanna clog up this one with something that isn't even topic adjacent. Someone posted some real weird and old fashions that were from one of the baltics region or maybe it was germans in the region or something along those lines and it looked real odd and I can't for the life of me find it.

Other than the ancient history thread I think it's just this. Generally people don't seem to mind a bit of off-topic-ness along those lines and there's something to be said for not diluting the threads.

Edit: and yeah. RIP Chitoryu. :( Think I mostly remembered him from the (excellent) let's reads too.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I’m sorry to hear of his passing and I’m sorry you lost your friend, Sandwich Anarchst.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rest in peace, Chitoryu.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Hey everyone.

My condolences, I am sorry that you lost such a friend and in such an awful way.

For goons wondering, here is all of chitoryu's posts in this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950461&userid=209721

And here is the referenced James Bond book thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3918016&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post503539888

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
This is terrible news. I'm sorry for your loss. He was a good poster and will be missed.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

This is terrible news. I'm sorry for your loss. He was a good poster and will be missed.

I can't say it any better than that. :(

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
poo poo man, that sucks. He was a good poster. He will be missed here and I'm sure he'll be missed even more by his IRL friends and family. Thank you for telling us.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Awww, damnit. RIP a real goon and one of the better posters on this site.

Thanks for telling us, we feel for you. If there's any sort of memorial please let us know.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tulip posted:

My condolences, I am sorry that you lost such a friend and in such an awful way.

For goons wondering, here is all of chitoryu's posts in this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950461&userid=209721

And here is the referenced James Bond book thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3918016&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post503539888

The thread has lost one of its best. :(

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hey everyone.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I didn't agree with him all the time but he seemed like a nice dude. Condolences to you personally and his mom; I can't imagine how painful that must be for either of you.:(

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Hey everyone.

That’s loving awful. He was one of the best posters around and I will miss him.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Man, gently caress cars.

I'm only halfway through the James bond thread, but it's amazing

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Hey everyone.

:(

god bless

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

I saw a ton of new posts and thought it was gonna be a dumb slapfight. This is so much worse :(

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Decent dude with good posts. He will be missed.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Well, that's a drat shame. He seemed a good guy.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Absolute tragedy. Commiserations to Sandwich Anarchist and chitoryu's family.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Ah man that sucks. Poor guy. The James Bond readthrough is amazing.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Hit by a goddamn car. Christ I hate cars, I remember when he mentioned it.

Was whoever hit him charged?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Remulak posted:

Hit by a goddamn car. Christ I hate cars, I remember when he mentioned it.

Was whoever hit him charged?

He won a settlement against the driver. Him dying now though hasn't really been confirmed it was due to the car though. Something may happen. Dunno.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
RIP chitoryu, condolences sandwich anarchist.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Can I post a link to the memorial fundraiser here?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Can I post a link to the memorial fundraiser here?

Sure, go ahead.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
https://www.gofundme.com/f/cody-cromarty-memorial-fund

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

quote:

M.G. writes:

I was happy and proud to serve Commander Bond in a close capacity during the past three years at the Ministry of Defence. If indeed our fears for him are justified, may I suggest these simple words for his epitaph? Many of the junior staff here feel they represent his philosophy: “I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.”

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Hey everyone.

Aw man he was always a good poster, condolences to you and his family.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Oh, drat, that's awful.

My condolences.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
What do people think of the Historian's Craft channel on youtube? Is it good? https://www.youtube.com/@TheFallofRome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Was there actual danger of South America joining the Axis during WW2? What would they have even gotten out of joining the fight in either direction so far away from all of it?