Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Yes that was the joke
Actually the joke is Pep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pep: you accuse me of antisemitism? Let me tell you, the real problem in the Premier League is anticityism

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
"don't lie to me or I leave" turns into "everyone else is lying, i'm not leaving"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVDH3MX4MYI

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

mila kunis posted:

The manager, who said this week’s events had made him more committed than ever to City, is adamant regarding who drove the charges. “It is the Premier League,” he said. “I don’t know why. You have to ask the CEOs, Daniel Levy [the Spurs chairman], these kinds of people.”

"these kinds of people" ?? wow

Pep needs a final solution to this problem.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Frankston posted:

Not sure why Villa are being forced to play confirmed cheaters Manchester City this weekend. Man City should be forced to forfeit the game and give us three points imo.

Can't argue with this

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Frankston posted:

Not sure why Villa are being forced to play confirmed cheaters Manchester City this weekend. Man City should be forced to forfeit the game and give us three points imo.

when you phrase it like that it does make a lot of sense.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Pep needs a final solution to this problem.
If he just buckles down and works harder he'll feel a sense of freedom.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I'm impressed that after the fall of Franco the collaborators stood up so quickly to carry on the work of the loyalists.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Pep isn’t Spanish

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Shocked that Spurs are 5th somehow. Feels like they've been poo poo all season

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They had that run of being really poo poo but then coming back to win (e.g. Bournemouth) that seems to have stopped when they played Brentford.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Not that we deserve 3 points given we allowed 3 free headers in the build up to that goal but lol at how poo poo prem refereeing is

https://twitter.com/TheSharpeEnd/status/1624537708587634690?t=sfvBs4vHv5Yky6AgFRtIJA&s=19

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Arsenal can get hosed as far as I'm concerned

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Not that we deserve 3 points given we allowed 3 free headers in the build up to that goal but lol at how poo poo prem refereeing is

https://twitter.com/TheSharpeEnd/status/1624537708587634690?t=sfvBs4vHv5Yky6AgFRtIJA&s=19

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1624514322331275265

They had a good day in the VAR booth, it seems.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

They also drew VAR lines on the wrong defender in the Brighton match and chalked off a good goal, PGMOL have admitted that this was a human error. They also missed a blatent red card for a Brighton player.

VAR was meant to limit human error but they've just moved it from the pitch to three idiots sitting in a room. It needs scrapping or they need to seriously limit the instances it can be used.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

they get 15 seconds to make a call and if they can’t clearly see the error in that time the referee’s decision stands

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Why aren't they using the auto line technology used at the world cup? That seemed pretty non controversial? I can't see why we're having three idiots drawing lines when computers can draw a plane in a 3d image in less than a second.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1624707280636723200

Well there's a surprise

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Masonity posted:

Why aren't they using the auto line technology used at the world cup? That seemed pretty non controversial? I can't see why we're having three idiots drawing lines when computers can draw a plane in a 3d image in less than a second.

I want to see premier league games where players are onside due to a defenders arse, make it happen

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Masonity posted:

lol and also lmao.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
At least it was accurate, rather than the farce of two wrong calls in one weekend because premier League referees can't draw lines.

That said, this does even out that dumb Rashford decision against City a few weeks ago in title race terms.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Really glad we hired him just to lose to a bunch of our relegation rivals.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Shame, he was enjoyably mental.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I like Southampton just due to the sheer amount of SPFL players they seem to end up with, I would rather other teams get relegated but they absolutely doomed this season.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1624514322331275265

They had a good day in the VAR booth, it seems.

lol, but also I'm glad everybody is realizing what a mess VAR is

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

They really need to get that automated world cup system in sooner rather than later so we don't have to watch Lee Mason and his crayons ever again.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
offside actually worked better when it was the man with the flag, because you don't actually get an advantage from your elbow being 1mm offside on a freezeframe of a free kick being taken. They made mistakes sometimes but the mistakes were always obvious on replay, which means:

jesus WEP posted:

they get 15 seconds to make a call and if they can’t clearly see the error in that time the referee’s decision stands

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

vyelkin posted:

offside actually worked better when it was the man with the flag, because you don't actually get an advantage from your elbow being 1mm offside on a freezeframe of a free kick being taken

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1624764232997765120

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Howard Webb personally phoning Brighton and arsenal to say 'owned lol'

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We need a ranking of refereeing quality and then to sort the data by whether they are bald or not.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Is there an expected cards stat for refs

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
I would love to see their explanation of how someone drew a line on the wrong defender, I assume it will just be "Sorry we are incompetent". I mean you have one job and it's not a particularly hard one.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Butterfly Valley posted:

Is there an expected cards stat for refs

if the bookies don't have this, the bookies aren't doing their jobs.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Masonity posted:

Fond memories of Qatar and players simply disappearing from the VAR image

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Thanks Ants posted:

We need a ranking of refereeing quality and then to sort the data by whether they are bald or not.

paul tierney is one of, if not the worst, ref in the league and shaves his head despite the fact it doesn't appear needed

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

paul tierney is one of, if not the worst, ref in the league and shaves his head despite the fact it doesn't appear needed

He’s trying to morph into Mike Dean

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/richjolly/status/1624714378909032448?s=46&t=8si2xSqyrUjNQyPiQmM41Q

lol lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/J_Tanswell/status/1624788553837289472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

But why