Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mx. posted:

i still cant believe american dad successfully made a loveable scrappy doo

rogu what the hell you're perfect

Rogu going to hell, but he not going alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiEG_6N0QTA

(I love that Steve has been tied to the flagpole for some reason, upside down, and someone has fired an arrow into him)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

another clean getaway. what would i do without my eeps

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Francine's Thanksgiving leftover sandwich really is something else

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's amusing how crazy she kind of gets.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Mx. posted:

i still cant believe american dad successfully made a loveable scrappy doo

rogu what the hell you're perfect

Best American Dad character: Rogu Spanish

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2023/02/02/parents-baby-airport-tel-aviv-israel-reports/11169385002/

Francine!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Keep that baby away from any wells.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Best American Dad character: Rogu Spanish

Second only to Clip Clop

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

It's gotta be Delroy for me. After Francine of course.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm more fond of Fondine myself.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
So what do you say, did we land Francine Ice?

What? What’d I say? Did I just tell everyone I’m an alien?

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Does anyone have a gif of that guy tripping on the tree root and shooting himself in the head from the Tree Dad episode?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

That was the first thing I thought of when I read that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While season 1 of American Dad is still good you can really tell they were struggling to find their voice because it is very similar to Family Guy.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

As for me.... super gay also

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Open up that skull, and gimme those nutrients!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

May the Best Stan is a weird episode just for how absolutely terrible Stan is for no reason.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Open up that skull, and gimme those nutrients!

Zero One posted:

Keep that baby away from any wells.

Quotes like these make me think you could post them in the MST3K thread and no one would be the wiser, and vice versa.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

muscles like this! posted:

May the Best Stan is a weird episode just for how absolutely terrible Stan is for no reason.

Such a good episode. The concentration internment camp for the appliances had me dying

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I just found out that "Echos" could have been a possible series finale. Makes sense, what with all the random callbacks.

Makes me wonder just what the series finale will be, when this show has to (unfortunately) end one day.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Whats the lore witg american fung? They mad at fox or smthn

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I find American Fung retroactively funny by reframing it as a parody of that terrible Elon Musk episode of The Simpsons.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dongicus posted:

Whats the lore witg american fung? They mad at fox or smthn

My theory still remains that they took a half finished unused script*(the parts involving the insane asylum) and then just bolted on all the idiotic Fung stuff to pad it out into a full episode so they can fill out the season order

*there are quite a few episodes that clearly have the same origins of coming from a rejected old script they had lying around, a lot of them you can tell because they involve Hayley in the plot but Jeff is completely absent even though the episode came out after they got married(indeed I still think they did the whole "Jeff In Space" arc specifically so they could wheel out a whole bunch of those to be lazy)

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I wonder if that's an aftereffect of the writer's strike.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The CIA Is Funding a Mission to Reincarnate the Dodo Bird

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/animals/a42723600/cia-bringing-back-dodo-bird-extinction/

Daren!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

This is the 2nd American Dad incursion into real life we've had in as many weeks. I can't tell if I should be concerned or excited.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Have you kissed any sexy but surprisingly grey people lately?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bull3964 posted:

This is the 2nd American Dad incursion into real life we've had in as many weeks. I can't tell if I should be concerned or excited.

Wait did we talk about this here yet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
*rogerishily* I'm David Solomon, banker cum DJ

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheFattestPat posted:

I just found out that "Echos" could have been a possible series finale. Makes sense, what with all the random callbacks.

The brief description of that episode does not sound familiar AT ALL. I guess there might still be episodes I haven't seen! I'm up to season 16 on my rewatch so I guess I'll get to it soon!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The brief description of that episode does not sound familiar AT ALL. I guess there might still be episodes I haven't seen! I'm up to season 16 on my rewatch so I guess I'll get to it soon!

It's the last before xmas special of the new season

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I just got caught up with the show (well, caught up through what's on Hulu currently) after having fallen off of it right around the time it moved to TBS, which unfortunately lined up with me dropping cable. The show is still good overall but "Gold Top Nuts" completely caught me by surprise. Impressed that they can still crank out "high-concept, even by American Dad standards" episodes this late in the run. (Along those lines, when I decided to check out an episode at random a while back it was "Rabbit Ears," which is what prompted me to say "I should probably just get back on the AD train.")

muscles like this! posted:

While season 1 of American Dad is still good you can really tell they were struggling to find their voice because it is very similar to Family Guy.

I remember when Seth MacFarlane went on some late night show to promote the first season (I wanna say Letterman?) and was asked "So what's new and different about this series compared to Family Guy," his reply was "Ehhh, it's basically the same show." They weren't trying that hard to hide it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just caught up to the past 4 or 5 years and its still good. I'm also happy they made the wise decision to not do a Trump episode or really reference him at all during his presidency.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
American Dad is rarely topical and is all the better for it.

It's also occasionally tropical!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

With the way they make episodes like two years in advance there's no way they can do topical. The show is the better for it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
That old episode with George W. Bush was pretty lame, honestly. But the episode where Former President Carter shows up? Comparatively great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Obama one was decent.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Obama one was decent.

I liked that one because it barely mattered his political role or anything, just that he was Obama, and you gotta make him poop the pool

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That old episode with George W. Bush was pretty lame, honestly. But the episode where Former President Carter shows up? Comparatively great.

The one with trump was painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Trump has shown up in the show only to demand money for Stan saying "you're fired" in an early-season episode.

The closest they come to actually referencing him as a political figure is the bullet train ep with the hats.