Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Did Zack Morris surf?

Saved By The Bell influence too maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All that stuff seems like a reaction to it, I remember it starting earlier than a lot of other than Bill and Ted. But that had no surfing in it. Its just very confusing to me, the late 90s kids stuff focus on being weird and gross makes way more sense to me.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

fartknocker posted:

Where's the Nintendo 64?

Up your butt and around the corner

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Wayne's world was about 🤘 in Illinois but they had a surfery way of talking kinda?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

caspergers posted:

Grody. To the max.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Resdfru posted:

Wayne's world was about 🤘 in Illinois but they had a surfery way of talking kinda?

The secret of Waynes World is that it's really about Scarborough, a suburb/part of Toronto. Meyers grew up there but no one would ever make a movie or let him do a sketch about some guy who lives in Canada, so he moved it to outside of Chicago.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Sean Penn in fast times

Pauly Shore weaselspeak

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Chad Muska

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

caspergers posted:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
chawesome

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

caspergers posted:

In the tube and out the boob

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Jawsome

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Fintastic

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Hell yeah the cum milk stache.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

dialhforhero posted:

Hell yeah the cum milk stache.

the stuff they paint on there probably has more chemical similarity with semen than milk

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That shirtless Malcom one reminds me of the super creepy Calvin Cline ads where he had shirtless teenage boys on and was asking them questions off screen.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Second pic he looks like he just caught a glimpse of the inside of the Ark of the Covenant.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

That shirtless Malcom one reminds me of the super creepy Calvin Cline ads where he had shirtless teenage boys on and was asking them questions off screen.

Well that was a memory I didn't want back

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

Second pic he looks like he just caught a glimpse of the inside of the Ark of the Covenant.

First instance of someone going to Tubgirl.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Well that was a memory I didn't want back

Yea I was not happy to have it come back into my mind as well. In the 70s that stuff would have probably gone unnoticed if it was with girls.

70s Nostalgia! The late 90s had a lot of it. Look at how wacky they dressed, though the music was pretty good, but disco is still stupid, we'll ignore the fact it was pioneered by gay and black artists and act like millionaire rockstars were the ones producing real music.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I don't know why but I just remembered all the trippy 3D and hand-drawn folder and trapper keeper art from the 90s.
I'm having a lot of trouble google-fuing them up. Are these lost like tears in rain?

They owned so hard.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I don't know why but I just remembered all the trippy 3D and hand-drawn folder and trapper keeper art from the 90s.
I'm having a lot of trouble google-fuing them up. Are these lost like tears in rain?

They owned so hard.

careful what you wish for, kiddo.

https://twitter.com/EricDrobile/status/1411456844548087808?s=20&t=t4rv73wl-jJcAJjfseFO0w

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

gently caress yeah. The best.
I remember having lots of folders with like weird alien art in that drawn style, and of course abstract ray-traced 3D poo poo.
I really need to dig through my father's attic sometime because I think I might have some of that poo poo still, maybe.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I definitely had the hyper cube trapper keep, gently caress yeah

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

This is more representative of 90s design language to me:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

I dunno, if you have certain orthopedic complaints, these are still pretty relevant. And they p much haven’t changed at all.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

At my last job, I worked in a pretty tiny cubicle so I got one of these because I figured it was better for working in such a small space. That was five years ago, I work from home now but I still use it. Apart from color, the only real difference between mine and this one is that there are forward and back buttons near the ball.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

At my last job, I worked in a pretty tiny cubicle so I got one of these because I figured it was better for working in such a small space. That was five years ago, I work from home now but I still use it. Apart from color, the only real difference between mine and this one is that there are forward and back buttons near the ball.

I bought one on a whim thinking I'd hate it and I love my trackball. I set the forward and back buttons to be escape and enter since I use those at work all the drat time

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I currently use this one at home:

Your Family
Feb 18, 2023

We had a wireless, if you can believe that, 56k modem in our house, similar to this one that for some reason you can buy on the Second Life marketplace.

We're only here to un-do the damage you've done to our family name.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Flipperwaldt posted:

This is more representative of 90s design language to me:

The yellowing is exquisite

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

I use one of these on every computer I have, even for FPS gaming. I lose a little accuracy sniping, but can change direction faster. Love my thumbball.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

I played games with a guy that swore by these for FPS games.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dialhforhero posted:

I played games with a guy that swore by these for FPS games.

Same here and he always beat my rear end in Quake so...

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

I still see a lot of people use that style mouse for AutoCAD and Vectorworks

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

I had this one and now use its modern version called the MX Ergo. It's a pretty good pointing device.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I currently use this one at home:

My girlfriend uses this on her computer for photo editing. I hate having to troubleshoot the computer with it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

I still have a wired one from literally 25+ years ago I used to play DOOM II & it’s still functional, might hook it up to my little retro Dell Win98 laptop.

Inzombiac posted:

:hfive: nothing more fun than whipping that trackball & zooming away like a bat outta hell, reminded me of a mini version of the golden tee & bowling arcade games

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 00:39 on Feb 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I used this one for UT and was a pretty great sniper.

I could spin the ball and stop it for very accurate movements.