Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Was a little disappointed to see a thread for this game with 90 pages already, but then I saw the OP and that 100% of the posts in those 90 pages were shitposts and it brought me joy.

I appreciate this forum.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
loving wizards god damnit

https://streamable.com/4xga84

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Was a little disappointed to see a thread for this game with 90 pages already, but then I saw the OP and that 100% of the posts in those 90 pages were shitposts and it brought me joy.

I appreciate this forum.

This thread rules

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
does snape kills dumbledore in this game

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Escobarbarian posted:

does snape kills dumbledore in this game

Dumbledore turns Snape gay as part of the LGBTQ agenda.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I want to say that you have made this thread utterly unsearchable, and I love you all.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Ok I just loaded up the game and I'm having a hard time choosing a house. Should I pick the one the starts with a K98 or the one that starts with an MP40?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Dumbledore turns Snape gay as part of the LGBTQ agenda.

Checkmate, Biden

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Charles 1998 posted:

Ok I just loaded up the game and I'm having a hard time choosing a house. Should I pick the one the starts with a K98 or the one that starts with an MP40?

I went with the barbarian, but I hear the ranger is OP

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

GreatGreen posted:

I see posts like that as more about preemptively defending oneself against how the act of simply buying, playing, and wanting to talk about this wizard game will be perceived by places like this, by which I mean places filled with people who will scream at the top of their lungs about unrelated social injustices when most people just want to chill and talk about video games. It’s insurance against those attacks, so when they come up, this person can highlight their own previous post and say “shut the gently caress up, I do right when I can, the simple act of purchasing a video game does not define my entire moral identity like you’re implying it does.“

Basically posts like those show a lack of trust in this community to behave like rational adults.

Now imagine what it's like to be a trans person merely existing in public and/or on the internet.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/kaludiasays/status/1623794450190290944
https://twitter.com/Chican3ry/status/1624042806909063174
https://twitter.com/Chican3ry/status/1624043146228166657

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 11, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Squeezing it in-between Kakarot sessions u know how it is

how was Kakarot actually? I thought it was a cool idea for a game but I didn't hear anyone talk about it after it came out

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The player character in this is a terrifying freak from the perspective of other characters:

- arrives five years late and is immediately able to do every type of magic after a 5 min lesson. Doesn't really show up for other classes
- other pupils wear school uniforms, you can stroll around in a suit of armor
- doesn't use a bed, just curls up like a dog on the floor and passes out wherever
- other students chill out at night, they're out murdering 30 filthy subhuman goblins to get a new hat
- has a dorm, but also a gigantic secret apartment on campus
- casually tosses around unforgivable curses that shred peoples' souls

truly, the ubermensch.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

You're actually Wizard CIA, or whatever fake, pathetic imitation the Brits have

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

arsenicCatnip posted:

how was Kakarot actually? I thought it was a cool idea for a game but I didn't hear anyone talk about it after it came out

It is a decent way to re-experience the storyline of DBZ if you really wanted to do that. Gameplay is, however, somewhat mid.

And it got really overshadowed by DBFZ for people getting their Dragonball videogame fix, with much more fun gameplay. If a completely different genre, obviously.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Runa posted:

It is a decent way to re-experience the storyline of DBZ if you really wanted to do that. Gameplay is, however, somewhat mid.

And it got really overshadowed by DBFZ for people getting their Dragonball videogame fix, with much more fun gameplay. If a completely different genre, obviously.

yeah that's kinda what I was afraid of. DBZ RPG sounds really cool but if there's one thing dragon ball games need to stop loving doing it's retelling the story of DBZ. At least Xenoverse went into Super a bit and had it's own unique stuff

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

just obliterating the vibe at the Three Broomsticks by saying nazi poo poo to the trans barlady

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

It's 11pm and I am silently cruising at a height of 1000ft a few clicks north of Hogsmeade. Three red dots appear on my minimap. Paydirt. I lower altitude to check it out. Goblins. They seem to have set up camp and are cooking dinner. Best to be sure. I touch down in the middle of their camp, they yell in surprise and I immediately unleash a wave of ancient elemental magic that rips them apart. I pick through the remains.

Now I have a new pair of gloves.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Killing goblins like they’re 30 to 50 feral hogs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hog goblins, hog goblins
What do you do with those hog goblins
They're over here, they're over there
Those darn hog goblins are everywhere!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's all coming back to HogLegs...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

icantfindaname posted:

You're actually Wizard CIA, or whatever fake, pathetic imitation the Brits have

MI5. They want you to think they're James Bond

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Updog Scully posted:

mods please ban everyone in this thread

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Relax Or DIE posted:

where is my open world ds9 game where i can cause chaos on the promenade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CxG0Cs0ZEM

MJeff posted:

Apex deserves to be dethroned by this trash, make Titanfall 3 already for gently caress's sake.
https://twitter.com/Grrted/status/1621312537768742914

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 11, 2023

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Hero, go out there and gather 10 goblin asses

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

livestreaming hogwarts legacy but donating all proceeds to a charity for goblins to make up for it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Yep I'm definitely gonna read this 5 paragraph essay of tweets where someone uses the cheeky "funny" replacement for the N Word....

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

More than anything else, it’s just extremely funny that a AAA, probably hundred million dollar, thousands of developer staff caliber game could be so hosed with/derailed by one single clout chasing transphobic dipshit with a twitter account

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

icantfindaname posted:

More than anything else, it’s just extremely funny that a AAA, probably hundred million dollar, thousands of developer staff caliber game could be so hosed with/derailed by one single clout chasing transphobic dipshit with a twitter account

Depends on what you mean by derailed. The game will sell far more thanks to this controversy, and most people don't really give a poo poo about these culture wars.

Minecraft is the most successful videogame of all time, and was made by Notch and 4chan.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 11, 2023

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

AAA Game stands for Adolf Adolf Adolf Game

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

has anyone said hairy snotter yet?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

icantfindaname posted:

Does derailed mean "will make more money than it otherwise would have?". If so, we sure have derailed this Hogwarts game!

I would say don't buy the game, but some goon is going to read that and then buy a copy for himself even though he doesn't like Harry Potter, to spite me.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I don't know that it's sold more because of the controversy, but no question it is selling extremely well.

Which means there is inevitably gonna be a sequel, perhaps more than one.

Mumbly
Apr 12, 2007

Charles 1998 posted:

Depends on what you mean by derailed. The game will sell far more thanks to this controversy, and most people don't really give a poo poo about these culture wars.

If most people don't care about the game's issues, then the controversy didn't really affect its sales either way. Some people decided not to buy it, other weird fucks spite bought it, ultimately it will have made as much as it would have regardless.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Skippy McPants posted:

I don't know that it's sold more because of the controversy, but no question it is selling extremely well.

Mumbly posted:

If most people don't care about the game's issues, then the controversy didn't really affect its sales either way. Some people decided not to buy it, other weird fucks spite bought it, ultimately it will have made as much as it would have regardless.

There is kind of a Striesand Effect going on, where people who hate it are generating more news about it, and then people who hate those who hate it are also generating news. It's an anger feedback loop that generates publicity. Believe it or not, not everyone is aware of the existence of this game. Any additional publicity increases awareness and therefore sales.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Buschmaki posted:

Yep I'm definitely gonna read this 5 paragraph essay of tweets where someone uses the cheeky "funny" replacement for the N Word....
I think the "my brother in christ" meme has spread pretty far and wide without people knowing that it was originally "my n----" or that it had to do with subway sandwiches

Also it's just 2 tweets, it's 3 sentences?

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 11, 2023

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

Huh?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Charles 1998 posted:

There is kind of a Striesand Effect going on, where people who hate it are generating more news about it, and then people who hate those who hate it are also generating news. It's an anger feedback loop that generates publicity. Believe it or not, not everyone is aware of the existence of this game, any additional publicity increases awareness and therefore sales.

Fair, I guess I should say I don't know that it's sold significantly more because of the controversy. It's a game in a popular genre directly targeted at an underserved fandom. Short of being a technical trash fire, I think it was probably doomed to do huge sales.