Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edit. responding to previous page

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They should make me the IK of the Gen Thread so I can prevent any more flagrant anti-film rhetoric from further poisoning our found family.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

JOHN CENA posted:

wheres junpei hyde she has posted here less than 5 times in the last 6 months

Probably busy :shrug:, do you feel like the forum is undermoderated as a result?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brut posted:

Probably busy :shrug:, do you feel like the forum is undermoderated as a result?

It’s a little silly for someone to be a mod for a community they’ve shown comically no interest in participating in.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Brut posted:

MODERATE THIS, BROTHER

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Junpei is moderator of two different subforums and posts less in both of them in a year than most people post in one thread in a month

at least this sub has multiple mods and iks, she's the only blue star in RGD

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Brut posted:

no just found it odd

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brut posted:

This isn't the first time they, specifically, have been pointed out as being a moderator in a subforum they are not very engaged with. This was brought up back when Jerusalem was a moderator and that was almost like three years ago. Especially considering that in the most recent half a year, they've done barely any posting in that space.

It's sort of silly to attempt to dismiss JOHN CENA's point when it is very much a valid question to ask.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 11, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's no point in having a moderator if they're not here to moderate

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i talked to hand knit uh let this one go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

NienNunb posted:

It’s a little silly for someone to be a mod for a community they’ve shown comically no interest in participating in.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

There's no point in having a moderator if they're not here to moderate

It's silly but the forum is very committed to the idea that you only lose modship on death or horrible embarrassment so whatever.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It's not as if JH is taking up a spot in a limited number of moderation spots. If she's doing stuff behind the scenes it costs literally nothing to have her as a mod, regardless of the Post Count.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yeah I don't really feel like we're being under-moderated or anything and there are other mods around

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I will stop posting if you make me a mod

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please make JUNGLE BOY a mod

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Sorry, didn't mean to seem dismissive if that's how it came off, I do think that asking if this is causing a tangible issue has some validity but I will admit I was primarily doing so in jest. Regardless the actual decision is primarily an admin one and, well:

JOHN CENA posted:

i talked to hand knit uh let this one go.

As for this

NienNunb posted:

They should make me the IK of the Gen Thread so I can prevent any more flagrant anti-film rhetoric from further poisoning our found family.

I can't remember the last time I saw a report come out of the chat thread so it seems like it's pretty chill in there, but now that thread-specific IKs can be added by any admins instead of just Jeff/Astral this should be relatively painless to actually implement assuming the chat thread doesn't have significant objections. In general perhaps even a rotating comedy IK would be welcomed there just to spice things up? I dunno, just spitballing here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Didn't the last comedy IK this forum go apeshit with power?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

if you call one bad probation apeshit with power then absolutely

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

no

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Make the next Epic Rereg Guy IK

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Make me the IK, and I'll probe anyone that gets in my way. And I'm talking about going all the way to the top with this one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

make all the punk av havers ik but if any of them fucks up ban them all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's no need for any of this horseplay.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I solemnly promise to not go mad with power against anyone who isn’t Iggy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What about the Office?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

NienNunb posted:

I solemnly promise to not go mad with power against anyone who isn’t Iggy.

One day I will get my revenge.

E: Actually I don't feel like getting revenge.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I forgive the IK for the probe, from the moment they hit the button. I have found Jesus Christ much like Jake the Snake.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I lost Jesus Christ also much like Jake the snake

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Brut posted:

. In general perhaps even a rotating comedy IK would be welcomed there just to spice things up? I dunno, just spitballing here.

Please do this

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I support the PSP Guest Host era

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I support the PSP Guest Host era

better idea: train random non-PSP posters to PSP for a week and give them IK powers

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

better idea: train random non-PSP posters to PSP for a week and give them IK powers

then we're just back to the original complaint people had lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

what i propose is --- ok --- have you seen "carnivale"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Yo what’s with the hostile energy over jokey posting in the AEW thread? Let’s work it out? Don’t call me Elon Musk he’s a really bad guy!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I will put in a good word for you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yo what’s with the hostile energy over jokey posting in the AEW thread? Let’s work it out? Don’t call me Elon Musk he’s a really bad guy!

the shadow PSP cabal decided you were next on the list for the chop. I’m sorry to tell you this but I had to break omertà to give you this warning

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the shadow PSP cabal decided you were next on the list for the chop. I’m sorry to tell you this but I had to break omertà to give you this warning

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the shadow PSP cabal decided you were next on the list for the chop

I was outvoted :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Eat My Fuc
Elon Musk

They sound a bit too similar for my liking. I'm on to you, Elon Musk - if that is indeed your real name.