Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
1999 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport 4WD - North VA (20191)

Approx 147K miles, great engine and trans ok body and interior. No rust on sills, floorpans, but rear had seen salt water occasionally and it shows.

3 years into restoration, something new caught my eye and I'd like the space.

Hood has been repainted, roof is next in a week or 2. Bumpers properly tied into frame rails front and back. New suspension, approx 2" lift, 31" tires in great shape with a full spare.

Tons of work done - engine wiring, injectors, fuel rail, complete cooling system, Durango alternator and steering box, Grand Cherokee fan clutch. Idle and throttle response are excellent

About a month from making a proper listing for local sales but I thought I'd drop in and offer to any Goons looking for a nice XJ. Picked a 99 for the good head and distributor setup, best year IMO.

Asking 3K obo

Bud fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Bud posted:

1999 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport 4WD - North VA (20191)

Approx 147K miles, great engine and trans ok body and interior. No rust on sills, floorpans, but rear had seen salt water occasionally and it shows.

3 years into restoration, something new caught my eye and I'd like the space.

Hood has been repainted, roof is next in a week or 2. Bumpers properly tied into frame rails front and back. New suspension, approx 2" lift, 31" tires in great shape with a full spare.

Tons of work done - engine wiring, injectors, fuel rail, complete cooling system, Durango alternator and steering box, Grand Cherokee fan clutch. Idle and throttle response are excellent

About a month from making a proper listing for local sales but I thought I'd drop in and offer to any Goons looking for a nice XJ. Picked a 99 for the good head and distributor setup, best year IMO.

Asking 3K obo

How's the suspension? Any wobble (outside the usual Jeep sloppiness)?

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

sharkytm posted:

How's the suspension? Any wobble (outside the usual Jeep sloppiness)?

No death wobble, have a new solid trackbar to install as the stock hollow one is bent, but PO had it aligned like that and it's good enough for now. Passed VA safety inspection through March 2023.

Rear has new doorman leafs on IRO brackets with cheap quadratec shocks - still need to install the fronts and level.

Bud fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 22, 2022

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Nur_Neerg posted:

Not really driving it so much anymore, so posting this guy up for sale; 2004 WRX wagon in WRB with 107,xxx miles. All maintenance caught up including timing belt, head gaskets are fresh. Receipts for years of maintenance and installs on hand.

Most aftermarket parts bought from the forums' very own Jamal.

Stage 2 w/ invidia turboback
Epic springs w/ KYB struts
Whiteline anti-lift kit, TIC rear lateral link and rear trailing arm bushings
Kartboy short shifter, front and rear shift bushings, and updated shifter linkage
Windows and rear windshield tinted 35%

Pictures!

Located in Seattle 98117, posted publicly for $14k, asking $13k OBO here.

Haven't gotten around to selling this, will likely just drop it off for consignment soon, if anyone wants it, $12k OBO.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Bud posted:

No death wobble, have a new solid trackbar to install as the stock hollow one is bent, but PO had it aligned like that and it's good enough for now. Passed VA safety inspection through March 2023.

Rear has new doorman leafs on IRO brackets with cheap quadratec shocks - still need to install the fronts and level.

Cool. I'll pass it on to a buddy who might be interested.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

sharkytm posted:

Cool. I'll pass it on to a buddy who might be interested.

Much appreciated! Need to get this gem in for a timing belt once the jeep is out.

edit: Jeep is sold and EK has a new timing belt. All is right

Bud fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 14, 2023

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Nur_Neerg posted:

Not really driving it so much anymore, so posting this guy up for sale; 2004 WRX wagon in WRB with 107,xxx miles. All maintenance caught up including timing belt, head gaskets are fresh. Receipts for years of maintenance and installs on hand.

Most aftermarket parts bought from the forums' very own Jamal.

Stage 2 w/ invidia turboback
Epic springs w/ KYB struts
Whiteline anti-lift kit, TIC rear lateral link and rear trailing arm bushings
Kartboy short shifter, front and rear shift bushings, and updated shifter linkage
Windows and rear windshield tinted 35%

Pictures!

Located in Seattle 98117, posted publicly for $14k, asking $13k OBO here.

One final gasp before I throw it at a dealer for consignment. Currently posted on NASIOC for $12.5k OBO, would take $11k from a goon.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
I was going to sell my 2017 MX-5 RF to Carvana but thought I would see if anyone here would be interested. Id prefer to sell it to someone instead. It is a Club model with Brembo/BBS package. 3,500 miles. Only a few minor changes from factory. Coco mats, stubby antenna, intake noise tube delete, 30% ceramic tint, and Flyin Miata LED light kit all around.

Can grab more pictures, it was just raining today and I didnt want to take it out. I would take $26k for it which is only slightly more than Carvana is offering. ih8philly@gmail.com if anyone wants to discuss.

Located in Raleigh NC

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 23, 2023

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Where's Inner Light?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Kastivich posted:

I was going to sell my 2017 MX-5 RF to Carvana but thought I would see if anyone here would be interested. Id prefer to sell it to someone instead. It is a Club model with Brembo/BBS package. 3,500 miles. Only a few minor changes from factory. Coco mats, stubby antenna, intake noise tube delete, 30% ceramic tint, and Flyin Miata LED light kit all around.

Can grab more pictures, it was just raining today and I didnt want to take it out. I would take $26k for it which is only slightly more than Carvana is offering. ih8philly@gmail.com if anyone wants to discuss.

Located in Raleigh NC

I love this car and I'm close enough, but I'm pretty sure it would end my marriage if I got it right now. Best of luck with your sale!

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Nocheez posted:

I love this car and I'm close enough, but I'm pretty sure it would end my marriage if I got it right now. Best of luck with your sale!

Do it! Otherwise goes to Carvana this week.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
2017 Mazda Miata RF Grand Touring 28,000 miles - Los Angeles, CA (91606)

I just made a terrible financial decision and bought a base 2023 m3 so the Miata has to go otherwise I think my finance is going to have a nervous breakdown. It's been garage kept the two years I've had it, I basically set it up to be exclusively a comfortable daily driver with being fun in the canyons without killing myself ride quality wise or giving myself too much confidence. The mods, in. my opinion are tasteful but I'll leave it up to you.

Mods I can remember include:
aFe Intake
Hooker Header (still have oem)
aFe mid pipe and Racing Beat axle back exhaust
Wilwood 6 piston big brake kit (still have oem)
Fifteen52 Chicane 17x7.5 +42 on 215/45 Falken Azeris RT615k's with less than 12k miles on them
RoadsterSport Suspension Package
This is the full Koni sport+, spring and bump stop kit. This was put on at 11k miles and I still have the original setup
Prototype iden3d powder coated louver set, targa roof also was wrapped in matte black to match the louver
Moss-Miata front lip
Grey side markers
OEM bypass for DRL to be on with primary headlights
Spyder grill
Good-Win Racing front license plate holder
Kenstyle D-Shaped steering wheel (Still have oem wheel as well)
Raceseng Spherology shift knob (still have oem knob as well)
OEM factory installed CarPlay/Android Auto
Fab9 Stage2 Snap Crackle and Pop tune

Zero issues mechanically, (that I'm aware of) Asking $26,000 locally for it, but totally happy to cut a goon a deal if they're interested. PM would be best to discuss.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Kastivich posted:

Do it! Otherwise goes to Carvana this week.

I sent her the link and she asked "are you buying it?" which was a great response, but we really don't need the toy right now.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nocheez posted:

I sent her the link and she asked "are you buying it?" which was a great response, but we really don't need the toy right now.

Need? No. NEED? yes.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Nocheez posted:

it's a toy, definitionally you never need a toy

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Im scheduled to drop it at Carvana tomorrow morning. Final offer was $25,322. Would still prefer to sell it to a person (and can undo the Carvana appt), but I absolutely dont have the energy to deal with CL or FB tire kickers again.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
***Sold***

Ok, another car is going up for sale. Same as my MX-5, Ive decided to pivot my career and want to free up funds to do so, so this vehicle is up for sale.

2006 Cayenne Turbo. I bought this vehicle a little neglected and spent some time taking care of deferred maintenance to make it a comfortable long distance soft roader.

Air suspension works and will cycle through the entire range. See video below. Panoroof works. Factory tow package and trailer wiring. Front and rear heated seats. Very clean underneath; no rust. Non smoker car. CarFax shows ownership in CA, UT, and NC and has some maintenance records. I have some hard copy maintenance records from the previous owner as well. CarFax indicates no accidents and none have occurred while Ive owned it. Currently at approximately 145,000 miles.

Build sheet
Prod Month: 2005-08-01
Warranty Start: February 12, 2006
Price: $100,575.00
Exterior: Crystal Silver Metallic
Interior: Black Smooth Leather
BASE Porsche Base Model
0TD Front and Rear Floor Mats
1D6 Trailer Hitch w/o Hitch Ball
3FU Panoramic Roof System
7A2 6 Disc CD Changer - Has been deleted
8E Crystal Silver Metallic Top
CS5 20" Cayenne Sport Design Wheel - Has been deleted
N7D Soft Look Leather Seats
NQ Black Smooth Leather
PO4 Light Comfort Package/Memory
QR1 Compass Display
QV4 Satellite Radio XM - Has been deleted

Modifications
- Coolant pipes have been replaced with metal version
- Spyder headlights
- Tinted taillights
- Wheels and tires, less than 1000 miles on them (18X8 Alutech Grip in Graphite Silver & 265/60 R18 BFG Trail-Terrain TA)
- Eurowise engine and transfer case skid plates
- Eurowise intercooler relocation brackets to ensure clearance for the tires
- WeatherTech floor mats front/back
- Aftermarket head unit with backup cam (steering wheel controls still work)
- Ceramic tint (not sure % but it passes NC inspection so I would guess 35)
- Remote start

Recent Maintenance
- Transmission, transfer case, and rear diff fluid changed in 2021
- Coolant overflow tank replaced
- New rear driveshaft due to worn center mount
- New front control arms and ball joints
- New rear toe control arms
- AOS diaphragm replaced
- Front and rear pads and rotors replaced (Centric Premium pads/rotors)
- New windshield in 2021 due to rock damage. Upgraded to the heat rejecting version.
- Valve cover gaskets and breather hoses replaced
- Crank position sensor replaced
- Alignment when the new tires went on
- Steering wheel refinished because of wear
- Maintenance records indicate fuel pumps were replaced by previous owner
- Recent oil change. Should be good for another 10 months.

Known issues
- Has a slight idle dip when returning to idle. It does not stall. Tried tracking down what was causing this multiple times and couldn't find anything. Took it to a shop and they charged me $500 to not fix it. I just decided to live with this.
- Tailgate struts are a bit weak. Only annoying when cold.
- Front passenger side door open switch is flaky. It sometimes wont recognize the door as being opened.
- Interior trim has the typical degrading soft touch coatings on some of the plastics. Ive stripped some of it and wrapped some of the larger pieces in vinyl. Scratches on driver interior door panel (probably from PO's dog). Small tear in rear seat center arm rest.

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 28, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Man, I wish I had $16K available...

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Found a better option

two_beer_bishes fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 3, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

two_beer_bishes posted:

Bit of a long shot, but I'm looking for a mk7 GTI manual trans shift knob with the golf ball texture. Or really if you have a cool unique shifter. It's going to end up being a tap handle and my wife is 100% into car oriented stuff.

I'm in SE Michigan so this isn't easy to find around here. PM or email dtelschow@gmail.com

Cursory eBay search shows me hundreds.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Nitrox posted:

yeah I would not try to spend the bucks on the true OEM unit

but it should be available from your local VW dealer if you insist. 5GM711113DCBR for the complete assembly, which costs about 250 dollars

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Nitrox posted:

Everything I saw looked like lovely knockoffs. I don't plan on spending brand new OEM prices, I'm hoping to find someone who upgraded theirs and is willing to sell off the old one.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

You'll have better luck on the Vortex or something like that

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
looks like $85 on car-part, but i agree that a specialty forum is prob your best bet

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.
Cross-posting my Miata from Facebook Marketplace. Had to replace it with a 440i Gran Coupe because I'm old now and needed something with an automatic, back seat, and real trunk :v:

Would vastly prefer to sell it to a goon and will discount accordingly.

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1620386951730699/

[edit] Sold.

Pissingintowind fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 12, 2023

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Kastivich posted:

2006 Cayenne Turbo. I bought this vehicle a little neglected and spent some time taking care of deferred maintenance to make it a comfortable long distance soft roader.

Dropping the price on this to $15k

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I would so much rather spend that on the Cayenne rather than my plumbing... but, well, gotta make the poop go away somehow.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

They make buckets for that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Consider: you can poop in your car, but you can't drive your toilet.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Sagebrush posted:

Lookit dis chump

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Lookit dis chump

I like the side-by-side toilet seating arrangement.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Bet.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Lookit dis chump

Heavy Doody chassis

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

I was going to agree, but...

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Lookit dis chump

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Someone normal please buy my not-really-a-porsche. I cannot handle used Porsche buyers.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Would if I could, fellow goon.

morethanjake32
Apr 5, 2009
Is it wrong that I keep hoping someone hits me in Nashville traffic so I can buy the cayenne before someone else does.
Can’t be right?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Kastivich posted:

Someone normal please buy my not-really-a-porsche. I cannot handle used Porsche buyers.

I wish I could but I have never done (not) p car life so don’t really know what I would be getting myself into.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

TheBacon posted:

I wish I could but I have never done (not) p car life so don’t really know what I would be getting myself into.

Owning it is actually not that bad. I've found working on it too be surprisingly straight forward.

Selling it... I feel like people are expecting an awful lot. Like, why don't I have all the original service records? And, I was expecting you to have the original lights and wheels. Which would all be great; go buy one on BaT for $25k if that's what you need. It's a nice driving, very clean 17 year old car. It is exactly what I've presented it as.

morethanjake32 posted:

Is it wrong that I keep hoping someone hits me in Nashville traffic so I can buy the cayenne before someone else does.
Can’t be right?

Fingers crossed (but don't get hurt)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Kastivich posted:

Selling it... I feel like people are expecting an awful lot. Like, why don't I have all the original service records? And, I was expecting you to have the original lights and wheels. Which would all be great; go buy one on BaT for $25k if that's what you need. It's a nice driving, very clean 17 year old car. It is exactly what I've presented it as.

This is funny to me b/c my father in law is into Porsches and loves all that poo poo. :lol: Even when he buys one he tries to track down previous owners to get more info to fill in the gaps. He's old and charismatic enough that it's not weird to them, so far.