Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the worst thing Dana White has ever done? Vote for as many as you want.
This poll is closed.
End sponsorships so fighters are completely dependent on the UFC's pay 62 10.56%
Ban elaborate entrances and custom gear unless you're a company favorite 43 7.33%
Align himself and the UFC with Donald Trump 53 9.03%
Abuse his wife and somehow guilt MMA media for reporting about it 60 10.22%
Go on a homophobic, misogynist rant about Loretta Hunt and play free speech martyr thereafter 48 8.18%
Compare pay-per-view pirates to Osama bin Laden 40 6.81%
Argue so poorly that he somehow made Jake Paul the good guy 46 7.84%
Allow Logan Paul to own the colors Red and Blue 36 6.13%
Create Conor McGregor 36 6.13%
Blackball the entire American Kickboxing Academy until they signed away lifetime likeness rights 49 8.35%
Use Marlon Vera's daughter's medical needs for advertising, then make fans crowdfund it 49 8.35%
Create the Power Slap League 54 9.20%
Post your own and then vote for it 11 1.87%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Art responds that he didn't watch UFC 9 and stopped watching UFC because there were too many rules getting in the way. I was sad to know that Art would probably never get to see Mark Coleman.

He got to see Tank Abbott and Dan Severn, so at least he got out while the getting was good.

The contracts, like everything related to UFC contracts, are loving disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Someone posted during the most recent Olympics about Chinese lifters and China doing genetic testing on their athletes because there's a gene that prevents you from excreting as much or detectable exogenous testosterone or something. I.e there's definitely a state run program where they test what they can get away with.

I remember looking into it at the time and it was backed by some sources and I can't for the life of me remember what the actual science behind it was.

Im not saying Wei Lei is definitely on gear but I think China's always going to have that knock on their athletes because they've been caught so often over the last 30 years.

Maybe I'm missing some list of statistics, but is it really a case of being caught so often or just some sort of stereotype?

https://sportsanddrugs.procon.org/doping-cases-at-the-olympics/

China: 6
United States: 18
Russia: 133
Spain: 8
Sweden: 5

GlassEye-Boy fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 10, 2023

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
ONE Friday Fights 4 - 2022-02-10
Lumpinee Boxing Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand

Another three-sport week: 7 Muay Thai fights, 2 MMA fights, and a kickboxing bout. We’ve gone from 12 fights to 11 down to 10 over 4 shows.

The main event features Duangsompong Jitmuangnon taking on Batman Or.Atchariya. Duangsompong is 24 years old and fights out of the same gym as the legend Rodtang. He had a record of 3-2-1 in 2022. He’s about 3 inches taller than his opponent.

Batman loves popular culture character Batman and was encouraged by his coach to wear a Batman mask to the ring for the past 6-7 years until enough people called him Batman that he changed his ring name to Batman. He acknowledged in the build-up that he’s had to alter his training to account for ONE’s 3-rounds + MMA gloves being different from the traditional Muay Thai 5-rounds + boxing gloves. Batman was 4-2 in 2022 and is on a two-fight losing streak.

ONE Muay Thai: Regular fights 3 rounds of 3 minutes, title fights 5 rounds of 3 minutes. Scored on the 10-Point Must System, but judges must declare a winner if the points are even at the end of the fight. 3 knockdowns in a round is a TKO. Elbows allowed, no throws, no grappling. Fighters fight in the 4 oz. MMA gloves instead of boxing gloves. ONE referees tend to break up the clinch almost immediately instead of letting the fighters work out of it.

ONE MMA: Regular fights 3 rounds of 5 minutes, title fights 5 rounds of 5 minutes. Bout scored in its entirety, not round-by-round. Knees to the head of a grounded opponent are legal, soccer kicks are not.

ONE Kickboxing: Regular fights 3 rounds of 3 minutes, title fights 5 rounds of 3 minutes. Scored on the 10-Point Must System. 3 knockdowns in a round is a TKO. Elbows are not allowed, no throws, no grappling. Fighters use 8/10-ounce boxing gloves.

The show is located here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x04SkBWSbyw
Fights highlighted in bold were ones that I found particularly entertaining.

Part 1

Judy Humber (15-2) vs. Malena Garcia (32-5) (MT 128) 9:25
Aqib Awan (3-0) vs. Peter Danesoe (4-2) (MMA 135) 29:54
Hiroki Suzuki (14-1) vs. Fariya Aminipour (11-0) (KB 145) 45:50
Bruno Azevedo (17-3) vs. Talekh Gamidov (5-0) (MMA 145) 1:07:53
Ferrari Fairtex (132-30) vs. Fabio Reis (20-6) (MT 145) 1:29:18

Part 2

Chaongoh Jitmuangnon (18-0) vs. An Bunhour (15-5) (MT 135) 1:52:36
Gusjung Fairtex (29-9) vs. Francisca Vera (8-2) (MT 112) 2:06:57
Alessandro Sara (50-17) vs. Erdem Taha Dincer (31-3) (MT 148) 2:25:48
Mongkolkaew Sor.Sommai (150-38) vs. Petchmuangsri TDED99 (55-15) (MT 135) 2:41:53
Duangsompong Jitmuangnon (70-10) vs. Batman Or.Atchariya (65-20) (MT 135) 3:06:42

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Maybe I'm missing some list of statistics, but is it really a case of being caught so often or just some sort of stereotype?

https://sportsanddrugs.procon.org/doping-cases-at-the-olympics/

China: 6
United States: 18
Russia: 133
Spain: 8
Sweden: 5

I think its just one of those things. While china for sure has a state run doping program, it doesn't mean wei-lei would be apart of it, anymore than Khabib or Islam would have been part of one because Russia has been caught so badly. Also the gym in Thailand Wei Lei trained out of is the same one Jiri trained out of that Volk is a part owner of, so I don't think or agree that going to thailand is anything suspicious.

Though yes, you can get roids there pretty easily if you know how.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Early reminder to join the Tapology group and get your picks in for the PPV

https://www.tapology.com/groups/998

Maybe I won't get second last again!!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jose Aldo's boxing debut was tonight, and it is notable for four things:

1) Aldo got two belts from his first professional fight
https://twitter.com/guicruzzz/status/1624216474893049859

2) Aldo could not actually hurt an 0-3 guy who hadn't fought in three years and fought all his bouts at 125-130, where he was knocked out by a guy who is 5'4"

3) Aldo did, however, give him a full on uppercut to the balls that was briefly in jeopardy of stopping the fight

4) The professionalism of the very real, very legitimate Shooto Boxing Brazil

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
lmao, incredible.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

3) Aldo did, however, give him a full on uppercut to the balls that was briefly in jeopardy of stopping the fight
<bad lip sync> Your Philly Journeyman style cannot defeat my Walnut Condom atyle

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Previously, on fight previews, including my apparently boning up the weight class:

CarlCX posted:

FEATHERWEIGHT: Zubaira Tukhugov (20-5-1) vs Elves Brenner (13-3)
Zubaira Tukhugov cannot catch a loving break, but unfortunately, most of his misses are his own fault.

CarlCX posted:

he would get yanked at the last minute after botching his weight cut

And now, the conclusion:

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1624207498549899270

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So I've gone back and I've watched every fight I could find of Islam and Volk over the last night and today and I still have no loving clue how this fights going to go.

I think the odds makers are somewhat correct in that Islam has muuuuch more of a path to victory and Volk seemingly has one - outside of some kind of bizarre flash KO which is always, lighting strike possible.

Firstly.

Makhachev is not a great striker. He's not even what I'd describe as a good striker in terms of combat sports. What he is though, is an effective striker and he's effective at utilizing it to get to what he's good at. His left kick is powerful, doesn't have a lot of set up due to his stance and has been markedly effective at rattling his opponent and freezing them for him to shoot in. He also throws it nicely to the body when his opponent is looking to circle off the cage. He even seems to have the ability to throw it with power and without much effort when he's corralling people to keep them in front of him.

He's extremely tense when he stands in front of his opponent but bizarrely he's still able to explode with accuracy and a quickness you don't often see from the Dagestani camp. It's probably the one thing I actually noticed most in re-watching his fights is that he has a quick-twitch suddenness with his hands and body that I just don't expect him to have. I write this having seen all of his fights in the UFC (at this point at least twice) and even some outside. Its in the same vein as the way Anderson used to dodge punches, or that famous Ali clip where he dodges about 20, no matter how familiar I am with it, when I see it again I still go "gently caress me". Islam has that same X factor with the way he can be so sudden and so accurate and while I don't doubt Volk and his camp - given their thorough approach have noticed it, tt must feel different when you're in there because he catches guys time and time again.

Makhachev also utilises the russian, sweeping hook that Fedor made famous when he's moving and exchanging and while I don't think that's really much of an issue here since Volk is so active and moves so well. I think it will be and has been in the past an effective weapon for moving opponents to the fence or corraling them when they're retreating, Makhachev is also not afraid to wing one when a clinch breaks down and his opponent moves away. His power straight is still just so interesting to watch because he times it so effectively even while I can watch him fight and know its coming.

Which kind of brings me to my next point. He throws very little volume but the little volume he does throw seems to be thrown with, almost reckless, violent intentions. By all means he'll have some pawing exchanges with guys to score and to suck guys in, but he really hosed Olivera up with his left hand throwing single, fast, accurate and powerful shots and when he didn't and instead looked to kick he was either really looking to hurt to the head and body or he was looking to move guys into position so he could shoot, or tie up and throw.

His throws aren't to be underestimated either as I think his ability to sweep guys off their feet in the clinch is something we haven't seen in a long time. He also has a very effective traditional shoot single and double but neither of them are as technically clean than what Khabib used to do, I think given his frame and dogged determination he makes it work quite effectively. Note: I'm not saying here his technique is bad, I'm more saying he's not a 10/10 like Khabib he's more a 7 or 8 but hes just so strong, so well balanced and times it so well he's arguably just as effective.

Volk is at a disadvantage in both of these areas as I feel like against the fence and carrying Makhachev's sizeable frame Volk will really struggle to disengage and if Islam can get under him I don't know if he's strong enough to slip out like he's done against featherweights.

It's not all doom and gloom though because there are one or two holes in his game - at least standing. Firstly he's quite flat footed and rooted when he's looking to get off his strikes. As I said above, he's an effective striker, not necessarily a great one. For starters he doesn't cut angles like he's looking to sythe in, either on his entry or when retreating and with his wrestling based style, that's not really something he's likely to ever (or need to) develop. It is something however that Volk can exploit. He was able to slip and rip quite a bit when facing holloway and either leading or following Volk was able to change angles and still be effectively in his range and deliver with power. Volk also has an uncanny ability to take away what his opponent does well in the striking game and his varied style matches up well against south paws.

He's not afraid to vary his strikes, targets or stance and his familiarity switching between southpaw and orthodox, and his effective combinations in either allow for him to be effectively in and out of an opponents danger area while he's in one of his, even if they're still within range.

Volk is also pretty adept at getting the gently caress out of his opponents range when they're attempting to employ what they're good at. Quite often Holloway would try to goad him and Volk would simply step back and yell something, usually ending in "mate!" or "Brothahhhh!" he also avoided Mendes quite well when they fought the same way - simply giving range and re-setting to try again - something Olivera seemed to fail to do.

Volk also has power that will carry late in rounds and up the weight class, he also has a much more varied arsenal and can overwhelm an opponent.

I feel like overall Islam can win in a variety of ways. He may catch Volk with a high kick, or straight left, either of which would put down most men. He may smother him for two rounds into exhaustion into a submission before the end of the third. He may simply be too long, too fast, too strong, too good. But, if Volk is pin point, if he moves well, if he makes Islam chase him through the first two rounds, even if he loses those rounds but makes Islam gas himself holding him down and we we get into the championship rounds this could get very, very interesting, very quickly.

Now watch Volk guillotine him in 35 seconds and make me look like a clown.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 11, 2023

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if i were a betting man, i'd put my dollar on what's his name, the 155 champ, idk, holding volk down for most of the fight, however long it lasts.

would love to see volk win though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 11, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

if i were a betting man, i'd put my dollar on what's his name, the 155 champ, idk, holding volk down for most of the fight, however long it lasts.

would lover to see volk win though.

Yeah tbh, I thought Makhachev's dominance in that area would be that evident I didn't really break it down.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Good analysis. Islam is for sure going to be a problem for years to come, but I can't stop rooting for Volk. If he pulls this off, there can be no argument about his P4P-status.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

i believe in craig jones, volk gonna win

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

It's Weili, btw.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Volk is gonna kick Islam's leg off

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I have a feeling that this is going to play out a lot like Poirer vs. Holloway: a great, close fight that people remember as being a lot more one-sided than it was because of a rough start being unable to overcome the size disadvantage. I'd be really tempted to pick Volkanovski if he was bulking to commit to LW permanently but I believe him when he says he's trying to hold both belts.

Lone Goat posted:

I was hoping Tom Clancy is Dead's reg date was the same day Tom Clancy died, but alas, no

i'm not that cool

P.S. Carl your pick writeup is fantastic. Are you getting paid to write? You should be getting paid

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 11, 2023

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's Saturday, February 11th!!! For some reason I feel compelled to post in this thread today but I guess it's bc I can't do thinking about white power slap or something??

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

P.S. Carl your pick writeup is fantastic. Are you getting paid to write? You should be getting paid

Thank you very much. I am getting a bit from the people wonderful enough to have substack subs, but no one has yet barged through my door to pay me to write professionally about Dana White's cocaine habits and why the sport I love is bad.

But I am barging through your doors to tell you that the UFC 284 GDT is up and you should all post in it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I realize this is horrible timing, but 2023 Awards Nomination Thread has finally been updated. If there's anything that's happened so far in 2023 you think should be acknowledged, go ahead and pop it here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022571

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Thanks to all who did picks! Love to see the amount of interaction with them

Grast to TangyMMA

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Lookboonmee was awesome in the early prelims. I hope she keeps getting better and can challenge in the top 10 in a year or two.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How could anyone at fw watch that main event and think they have a chance against this guy :dogstare:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's gonna get old and slow down eventually or retire before it.
Just hope it's your turn in the beating list when it happens if he does lose a step

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/TopMMAContent/status/1624644867614822401?t=SUzGSeRXm5evsz6EmaXyog&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Volk vs yair suddenly looks pretty fun too

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Volk vs yair suddenly looks pretty fun too

Assuming Allen wins I want Yair vs. Allen for the undisputed title and Volk to move up permanently

If Holloway wins I Volk vs. Yair is the fight to make

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

I was surprised that they were promoting Cocaine Bear tonight, I thought he was in hot water for slapping his wife

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

reeg posted:

I was surprised that they were promoting Cocaine Bear tonight, I thought he was in hot water for slapping his wife

Huehuehue

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

reeg posted:

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Is it weird to have an interim championship when the actual champ is right there in the same room?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Deleted already :/

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen someone scurry so quickly to the cage as Volk did when Islam got that takedown out in the open.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Copyright infringement is this account's peak gangsterism? :laugh:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

FishBowlRobot posted:

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen someone scurry so quickly to the cage as Volk did when Islam got that takedown out in the open.

He also gave Islam's corner a face, right?

I think this fight really sealed the fact that Islam is simply not Khabib. Khabib played it a lot tighter on the ground, and I think the strength differential would not have allowed the gaps that Islam gave on Volk's defensive wrestling.

Also, on the feet, Islam's striking and defense wasn't enough to let him capitalize on and score much with the size difference. He caught Volk enough to take some of the pressure off, but was doing worse on the feet than on the ground. He was taking bigger chances standing on the way to looking for takedowns.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

kimbo305 posted:

Deleted already :/

I think it was just this
maybe not the exact same edit but same part of the fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that is legit the first time i've seen someone winning a fight with their back taken

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad

Digital Jedi posted:

Thanks to all who did picks! Love to see the amount of interaction with them

Grast to TangyMMA

Thank you thank you,

I would like to rename the group: TUNE IN TO SEE THE PREMIERE OF COCAINE BEAR IN THEATRES NEAR YOU FEBRUARY 25th

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Retro thread recap: UFC 200 - Part 2

We left off last time with a prime Aldo and Edgar having an extremely close first two rounds. I wonder if any wrestling fans in the thread watched this and thought 'gently caress, I should follow this'? It's just that type of fight.

quote:

I absolutely can't score this. Aldo's countering amazingly but Frankie is so so active

This should be the correct attitude, but while Aldo and Edgar are taking a minute break, a White Power Slap fight starts up in the thread full of 'what fight are you guys watching's'. The third round can be summed up thusly:

quote:

I could watch these two fight forever

Unfortunately Aldo has this thing.... It's like he sold his soul to a devil that traded him the ability to be the best fighter on the planet for exactly 3 rounds. Depending on how his cut went, where the constalation of gemini is, and the phase of the moon, rounds 4 and 5 are traditionally really dicey for him. That is really bad news when you're fighting Edgar who has never finished a 5 round fight without looking like he coud do another 5.... So naturally rounds 4 and 5 were the strongest Aldo rounds accoding to the thread. So we're getting posts like:

quote:

I got 1 2 and 5 to Edgar. I dont care what joe says. Edgar was effective and controlled those rounds.

and

quote:

I have 49-46 Aldo

but also

quote:

Dominant Aldo win.

and most infuriatingly:

quote:

That wasnt a victory that should get Aldo another shot at Conor imo

lol. Hot take. But regardless the vibe is that Aldo has scraped in and the fight was good. This was for the interim belt during Conor's reign and so it's cute to see everyone speculate on the rematch. They had such happiness in their hearts, and they still do. Here. Preserved for all time.

Whoa! I appear! Maybe someone else's phone is up a tree. What have I got to say for myself?

quote:

That was some of the the most biased commentary I've ever heard bit I gave 3, 4, 5 to Aldo but whatever

Hahahaha oh yeah and there was tons of 'Rogan's commentary loving sucks' so it's good to see nothing changes. And Frankie Edgar is my favourite fighter ever so if I had it for Aldo it was probably extremely deserved. Anyway, shut the gently caress up me with a functioning back, we've got a thread to read.

Mean Bean Machine gets meta:

quote:

So many bad posts today lol and it isn't even a Rousey card

I'm definitely doing a recap of Rousey / Holm next lol.

Holy poo poo, Fatherdog weighs in. If I was a Sir Gallahad (The Chaste) of Frankie stans, Fatherdog would be the God that gave Arthur instructions, and he says of the fight:

quote:

Those were all reasonable scores for a change, Aldo fought a great fight. People saying that Frankie wasn't landing and Aldo avoided everything need to seriously pay attention to what they're watching, including Rogan. I'm psyched for Aldo/McGregor 2. These are my fight thoughts.

Aldo won that fight. Which doesn't explain this post from INRI:

quote:

it wasnt close. i think you all just want to have gay sex with frankie edgar and touch his balls etc

Incorrect. Correct.

Goons are still slapfighting over over the win and it's possible implications with regards to McGregor. A goon who I won't name in case he still posts does come out with this banger:

quote:

The line that Conor can't go back to 145 seems ridiculous and completely made up wishful thinking, too.

He just got his poo poo wrecked by Diaz at 170 but we'll get him on the Johny Hendricks all-chicken breast diet and he'll be back down in no time. And I absolutely cannot tell if Dangersim is serious here:

quote:

Conor said literally days ago he will be coming back to 145, and he doesn't lie about poo poo like that

But in apologies for mispronouncing his name in my head for years, I'll assume he was joking.

Finally, finally someone mentions that Anderson Silva and Daniel Cormier are about to fight and that we should probably all talk about that now.... Right after everyone shits on Jon Jones for a while:

quote:

Oh man! They are BURYING Jones.

Good. Silva had some absolutely dog poo poo fights that I'll never forgive him for, but guy's who make people post this:

quote:

So they're calling this dude the best fighter ever and he sure looks like he couldn't give less of a poo poo, so the other guy's gonna win, right?

Is the GOAT. With 2 days notice, he went up to LHW to fight Daniel loving Cormier. That owns. And I don't know what Dana paid him, but it wasn't enough. I remember this fight being an embarrassing slaughter and I'm genuinely hoping I'm wrong.

Firstly though, a bit of trivia I don't remember hearing from Jerusalem:

quote:

The most bizarre What If is that apparently Vince McMahon's son actually recommended they buy UFC at some point way back in the past and Vince rejected the idea. I mean, he probably would have completely hosed it up and not a single person would have believed the fights had any integrity but it's still a fun thing to think about what might have been.

I basically stopped watching MMA because it had strayed too far from its carni roots, and I can't help but wonder what Vince would have done with this shitshow. It could not have been any worse. Could it?! What say you, Atom?

quote:

DC is about to wreck my hero

Oh. Lusty boos start raining down as the extremely obvious happened immediately. I do feel bad for DC. Andy is beloved, but even not having fought in years, it would be insane for DC to stand with Silva. There is just no god drat reason to. He either loses to a MW on 2 days notice, or he wins in the most unexciting way possible. No new fans will be made tonight.

quote:

drat that was a roidtech speed lie-down to sidecontrol

Why can I feel this? The difference in wrestling was such that DC could phone his wife and kids on top of Andy while transitioning to side control. And DC's family would definitely hear a high pitch "Hello Mrs. DC, your husband is very strong!"

My homie Duzzy Funlop sums it up:

quote:

Crowd not happy with DC doing exactly what he should be doing, to no one's surprise

https://i.imgur.com/EH3aFpz.mp4

It is 20 seconds of Dangersim hoping for something, and 4.5 minutes of reality.

quote:

This is the worst sex I've ever seen

The boos just will not stop and goons are very upset, and it might just be my imagination but I can't help but think they're experiencing the cognitive dissonance of knowing as MMA fans that this is what DC should be doing and absolutely hating it. Andy really is beloved. Also this is 2016 and he's 41 and was a couple of days out of surgery post getting his gall bladder removed. Our referee has apparently received instructions to stand them up so everyone can get all excited for a minute before:

quote:

A great takedown....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I swear to got I cannot remember ever hearing this before:

quote:

oh my god a stand them up chant

quote:

Big John is apparently about as easily manipulated by peer pressure as a middle schooler

And it's a good thing he is! The very end of the fight a flurry of activity happens that briefly gets everyone's hopes up before realising that DC has been hit so hard by Rumble that it looked like he stepped in front of an invisible train. He eats it and the fight is over. No one is pleased. Bluedeanie though, decides that in lieu of DC knocking Silva out, he was going to finish Dangersim

quote:

Dangersim, its ok. We are all extremely obviously wrong in hindsight sometimes. I mean it was also with foresight in your case, but still.

Brutal lol. Crowd has been booing at this point for nearly 20 minutes straight which has to be up there as some sort of record. Apparently the flurry at the end actually convinced people of this:

quote:

On a full camp Anderson wins that fight. That front kick to the liver was a nice trip back in time but not far back enough.

Ignoring the fact that DC doesn't just stay in lockdown until he gets stood up if he's trying to hurt you. I remember it looking like he was not trying to brutally massacre the aged superstar but hey I've been wrong before.

quote:

If you think DC was taking it easy on anderson you're an idiot

NO gently caress YOU DANGERSIM YOU LIT- er, actually, I'll just hand it over to LobsterMobster who has a way with these things:

quote:

Cormier is a big dumb jerk :mad:

He totally should have given the dangerous knockout artist striker the best opportunity to win

Perfect, also:

quote:

Remember when Jon Jones' opponent pulled out with an injury, and Chael Sonnen offered to step in on a week's notice, and Jones just refused?

No, but loving lmao. Also, Dangersim is still going. I'm not going to quote him any more because it feels wrong to do that to a friend who is no longer with us, but god drat man I hope you eventually recovered from this trauma.

quote:

apparently cowboy started the stand them up chant

lol.

Time for Hunt / Lesnar. Now it is the rest of our turns to be Dangersim. I did not recall DC / Silva fondly. I recall Hunt / Lesnar with actual hostility. I hated this fight. And if the reason Part 2 is like 24 hours later than I said it would be, let this be the reason. All I wanted was for Hunt to smash the dick off his chest and then kill him. Is that too much to ask? NobodyNOWHERE sums it up:

quote:

If Bork wrestlefucks Hunt into the ground then this card will have burnt all the good will that was earned with the early Travis Browne thrashing.

All this wrestling (the entertaining kind, not the kind that just happened and is about to happen) talk is so loving weird. Can't wait for a chair to hit the dude with another chair and DC expects the translator to give him a chair so he can molest him with the chair. Nate Diaz appears on the big screencompletely stoned for an interview because he loving rules. Hello, StarkRavingMad, shut the gently caress up:

quote:

JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE gently caress UP DIAZ

Who the gently caress thinks like this? THIS is the way to think:

quote:

Whatever Nate just said, then repeated 3 more times, I agreed with

Better. I'm greatful to Diaz for appearing between these two poo poo fests. Especially when he apparently says:

quote:

"in the time of war, he wouldn't even be alive. i'd own all his poo poo and this wouldn't be happening again." - Nate Diaz on McGregor

lol. PostNoveau makes mention of what would become a massive legal battle between Hunto and the UFC with this little interjection:

quote:

They're not allowed to do steroids right?

[looks at brock] uh, that's right. Just ignore the fact that the real reason for the yellow octagon was to clearly designate the space that had to be zoned as a petting zoo so all the non human hormones could stand in it.

gently caress I'm sorry my bros who like wrestling but I loving hated these cards because of yall's part time MMA posters. It's so loving weird. It's, I don't know... The wrong attitude? Or something? To have when men are seriously trying to kill each other. I'm sure the contrast to you was pretty funny and I'm not trying to get on my high horse about the REAL FIGHTING I just find it really offputting. Apologies if my commentary of this is more about the dogshit posting than the fight. I don't really want to talk about the fight. Or maybe I do. Let's find out....

Nope lol don't know if this is tongue in cheek or not so I won't name names but loving hell lmao

quote:

If Brock gets popped for roids, is he out of SummerSlam too?

quote:

he has never been popped for roids so why would he start now?

quote:

Yeah, he's never popped for roids and has always looked like he does now. Like since high school. Lesnar's just a jacked loving white boy without a neck.

[looks at Brock again] Uh, I think he started a while ago. Oh you mean popping? They actually test in the UFC.

In other news, Chromatic may suck my dick when he's finished with the one on Brock's chest:

quote:

hahaha good gently caress you hunt

I just don't understand some people.

quote:

Brock is just outstanding at riding guys - Joe Rogan

Where was this energy when Sage was fighting, Rogan, you loving philistine??

And ok if this is tongue in cheek than I just don't get it so I'm going to start naming names. Fluffydaddy, the admin, what the gently caress is this:

quote:

Brock has always been this huge, so i dont get your point

The man is not producing trenbolone in his endocrine system, and if he is it's not a birth defect. He is the single most on steroids person in the UFC ever, and that pool of suitors includes Ubereem. The thought of protein and the occasional gym visit producing Brock Lesnar is absurd. You cannot have reached adulthood and survived long enough to post this genuinely thinking that. Statistically you would have drowned in adolescence after falling into a pool and attempting to drink yourself out.

quote:

i was told this samoan man could punch

That loving does it. I'm going to say 'ree'. Like in those memes making fun of neurodivergent people. Don't push me.

quote:

why was this fat guy the favorite

Ree.

Two rounds have passed and people are guessing 1-1. I don't know whose having less fun, the goons watching that or me reading them, but it feels like we're all together in this.

Jesus loving christ look at this artifact:

quote:

Punk/Lesnar was a better match.

I don't watch wrestling but watching a guy who lost to a journalist 'fight' a guy who beat Mark Hunt is such an insane concept that I might just track it down. Brock has apparently turned a shade of pink which psychologists have shown to reduce aggression in prison inmates and now Mark Hunt.

quote:

I would like Cowboy to start chanting stand them up again even though it would be bullshit

loving same dude. Same. Why am I posting like this is real time? Have I slipped into a moron fugue state? Doesn't matter. R3 takedown is secured and with it, the fight. Oh, and hello old friend!

quote:

Jase1 is losing a lot of money tonight.

RIP. Love you brother.

quote:

Well that sucked.

With you on that one, Mr. Nice.

quote:

I hate UFC 200

Same. Further congratulations to Ty1990 for pissing me off in real life in 2023 with this banger

quote:

Lmfao everybody's fat hero just got bodied by a WWE wrestler who hasn't fought in four years

I hate you, but you are not wrong.

If you're wondering why the crowd is cheering Brock while they booed DC, it's because one is a wrestler and the other wait no one is a poo poo gently caress hang on

quote:

Brock Lesnar is popular, and DC is not

Thanks Dr. Abysmal that's what I was trying to say.

Also, I read this, so you have to. It's the Sideshow Bob rakes scene but in lieu of rakes it's this post flashing up on screen:

quote:

jesus imagine brock loving his wife

Just incase you wanted something less punchy but with the weird, sick feeling in your stomach turned way up:

quote:

Brock's like the rear end in a top hat that takes you home from the bar, savages you, and then is sweet and tender for the thirty seconds after he blows his load. The next morning, he's an rear end in a top hat, again.

What. The gently caress. Is wrong. With pro wrestlers?

quote:

Why did Brock kiss his mother on the mouth? Am I the only one who thought that was weird?

I didn't need that. I don't need this. I feel like I'm slipping away.

quote:

It's hard to imagine that what we just saw was the same sport as Aldo/Edgar but it's true

lol. I'm back. Also, Brock may or may not have said something racist in the post fight. It must have been around the time of BLM / ALL LIVES MATTER. Goons are deliberating:

quote:

I don't know about that... I think he was trying to say something akin to 'we're all one' and just didn't have the brain capacity to formulate the words. I'd blame that on getting hit in the head by Mark Hunt but he pretty much didn't get hit in the head, so...

Excuse me, Brock, but I like my racism in all aspects of MMA except the ones I pay to see. Luckily he hosed off forever.

Anyway here comes Amanda Nunes and Meisha Tate to save the day. It is absolutely unfair to comment on this fight knowing what Nunes went on to become but this is still a wild post:

quote:

Nunez is about to get worked, but she is feeling the spirit at least

At one point in time, somebody thought Miesha Tate was better than Amanda Nunes. Fascinating. Goons are still sorting out whether or not Brock is racist. If you asked me whether Miesha Tate or Brock's Racism was headlining 200 just from goon posts it is 100% Brock's racism.

Surprising everyone except me from the future Nunes beats the loving poo poo out of Miesha Tate.

I'd love to end it here:

quote:

UFC 200 kinda sucked guys

But we've still got 10 more pages of terrible opinions to enjoy.

quote:

Why? Ronda would demolish Nunes

Woof. Swing and a miss. Also, I nearly didn't quote this because I didn't know if he was serious but I'm starting to think he was.

quote:

I really think they should stop making quick submissions like this part of the UFC. it's really a huge waste of time to keep building up two hours for just 12 second matches.

I'm not sure what to say to that. Do we just let Nunes smash Tate's head until it turns into the Fallout 3 explosion animation? Please continue:

quote:

Oh I dunno, make it more points based, maybe instead of one tap out it can be three strikes, etc. more emphasis on technique, etc. I dunno, like, we've had multiple championship matches decided by one single quick stroke and it's too quick to really get excited or interested in what's going on.

Congratulations for putting your arm around an opponent's throat in such a way that you can literally kill them at will. We award you three significant strikes. Ms. Tate, pick up the pieces of your face you want to keep and get back in the neutral corner. How many fingers am I holding up? Wednesday? Well if you've still got days of the week in there you can go a little bit longer until some guy is satisfied with his PPV purchase.

Anyway here's the Bud Light Damage meter bought to you by Bud Light:

First up, Miesha Tate showing off her hosed up everything:

And here we have Jose Aldo sporting the traditional 'I won convincingly do' paired with a moustache that is illegal outside of vegas:

Ok gently caress this, what else, er, I get in a slap fight with INRI about just how close Edgar / Aldo was or wasn't, lots of cool poo poo is gone because imgur wasn't invented yet or whatever, and, er, that's it. UFC 200. It sucked poo poo mostly except when it didn't. Sorry part 2 was like 3 days late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's hard to say Volk got robbed under the scoring system, imo. However, if there was a sixth round, he wins.